10249 - Winter Toy Shop

TheDarkness

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, zskid00 said:

So do you think it's coming back or sailing off into the sunset?

Likely just back in stock.  This set was released in October 2015. My gut reaction is that it's a bit too soon for it to start sailing off towards retirement.  The previous 10199 Winter Village Toy Shop was around from October 2009 until November 2011 in the USA.

On 03/01/2017 at 9:50 PM, zskid00 said:

So do you think it's coming back or sailing off into the sunset?

It will definitely be sold (again) till Christmas 2017. 

Unlike in the US, over here in Europe these seasonal Christmas sets don't go temporarily out of stock after Christmas. 10249 is readily available from LEGO Shop at Home here, and will be until production on it is stopped and available units are sold out. This set may possibly be retired after Christmas 2017.

4 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Hmmm, not sure about that. Many Xmas sets have lasted only two winters so it could be done.

10245 lasted three Christmas seasons: 2014, 2015 and 2016. I'm expecting this to be the new norm for LEGO with these Christmas Seasonal sets. So for 10249 that would mean: Christmas seasons of 2015, 2016 and 2016...

As long as it's still showing on John Lewis page then it's not going anywhere. Same thing happened with Santa workshop last year. It was even retired on SAH and CS even Said it was done. Hence I loaded up when available at John Lewis early last year. Luckily for me still able to turn in a reasonable profit due to holiday rush. Not going to even look at this given that I may not be so lucky next time

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 4:51 AM, Val-E said:

Hmmm, not sure about that. Many Xmas sets have lasted only two winters so it could be done.

This used to be true, but then Santa's Workshop ran a full three years.  So it's hard to say.  There's a precedent for either (two or three years).  It remains available on US LEGO Shop at Home, however, with a limit of 5.

Guest TabbyBoy

I've been avoiding the Winter theme since 2015 due to the constant resurrections. Santa's Workshop and Winter Village Market kept coming back like a bad smell. However, my local Jonh Lewis often used to knock 50% off these sets in January. Remember, don't buy what everybody else does as you'll be stuck with it for ages.

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 5:05 AM, Haay said:

You might be right, @Val-E ...

While 10249 is showing normally at the Hard to find selection:

... it shows a "Page not found" when actually clicking on it. So it's not order-able, and it could have been quietly retired, with the status-update not fully processed yet.  

These are all "EXTREMELY EASY TO FIND" in my neck of the woods as is every other damn set!

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...