Brick Classifieds Feedback and Questions

Jeff Mack

First I would like to thank you for your classified system. There are 2 items that I would like you to comment on:

1. Is there a way to "copy" an existing ad to make minor changes to. Like if I have several minifigures from the same set, it would be nice to replicate the listing and just change the name of the minifigure and picture.

2. Sometimes when I click on the save and exit when I am reviewing the ad the ad shows up twice in my listings about 1/3 of the time. It is not an issue for me as all you have to do is delete the duplicate listing, but if you are in a hurry and don't look you might be selling more items than you have.

Thanks again for all of your hard work.

Jeff, I know you mentioned a month of two ago the difficulty in narrowing down the merchandise type list, but I have a question for you.  As a parter outer, sometimes I part out a ship separate from the rest of the set.  I'm not sure how to label this as it's not a set, not a minifig, and wouldn't really fall into the parts category.  Any thoughts on what a specific section of a parted out set should be labeled?

Well that is the beauty of this setup, we do have a Miscellaneous category. It could go in there, but it could still go in Sets as well, just mark it as not complete Used probably.  We could also create other classifications if you want to help come up with that.  This is a wide open platform.

Why does the tag "minifigure" appear twice? There are different results for each tag.

It's not trimming the word correctly, i will have a fix in for this soon.

First I would like to thank you for your classified system. There are 2 items that I would like you to comment on:

1. Is there a way to "copy" an existing ad to make minor changes to. Like if I have several minifigures from the same set, it would be nice to replicate the listing and just change the name of the minifigure and picture.

2. Sometimes when I click on the save and exit when I am reviewing the ad the ad shows up twice in my listings about 1/3 of the time. It is not an issue for me as all you have to do is delete the duplicate listing, but if you are in a hurry and don't look you might be selling more items than you have.

Thanks again for all of your hard work.

I like the duplicate idea and will put it on the fast track.  Tomorrow I will probably be pushing an update to address some of the feedback that has come the past few days and have a list of what was done.

Is there (or will there be) a way to select multiple pictures instead of having to add them one at a time?

Maybe this will be in your coming soon updates but is the out of stock area the offline area or was that there all along?  Is the only way to get an item to the out of stock area is by selling an item?  I created an item and tried to change the quantity to 0 but it gave a quantity error message.

Someone else mentioned the duplicate listings being made.  I have encountered this as well (it might be a learning curve though).  Is there a way to save the listing before previewing it or does one have to preview it before it is considered final and published?

Edited by tdw

Cool, thanks.

Maybe I'm not seeing it, but is there a "sell similar" item option?  Creating a new listing is more time consuming than ebay because I have to retype the tags and info.  I've been copying and pasting but that is also a hassle going back and forth between windows.  I'm not complaining, if this is how it has to be that's how it goes, but when listing Super Heroes sets, for example, many tags would be the same.

I'll send my pic.

This would be the most helpful in getting listings up fast. 

Will there be an easy way to track packages, like on Ebay?

When you have an order and you are ready to ship it. You will change the status of the order from "in process" to "shipped", a window will pop up and you can pick from a handful of shipping vendors and paste in the tracking information.  Your buyer will get an email that it has been shipped and include a link to the tracking on the shippers site.

• Like 2

Hi Jeff,

I appreciate all the hard work you guys put into this.

As a user, I feel the Sell button should default to the "add new product" page.

I went around in circles multiple times trying to figure out how to add a product, as I kept hitting sell and it kept taking me to the dashboard.

Thanks for your attention

Ok so I should have read more. I put in my optional forms of payment like in the early days of ebay. I now see it is paypal only. I will need to go in and change the payment options. I also agree that being able to save the listing before preview would be good or maybe a pending listing option until one is done with it. It would also be nice tohave a listing copy(similar) so as not to have to redo the entire listing every time.

Why don't you just set them correctly now? It will be live in the next few days. I didn't know you were putting in different values now.

I would guess that since we are so close to a new wave of releases, higher prices can typically be charged for newly released sets (or in my case parted-out minifigures) in the first few days of the release.  As time goes on, those early high prices will come down, sometimes quickly.

Why don't you just set them correctly now? It will be live in the next few days. I didn't know you were putting in different values now.

Some of the sets I have fluctuate price greatly in a short amount of time.

Once I know the site is going live, I can pay daily (most likely hourly) attention to the store and adjust the pricing accordingly. 

Example:

RI or Birds , Slave 1, etc...

Edited by jdmpartz

(Sent this by PM, but putting here so people know it's already reported)

1. Can't enter a UK postcode.  It won't let me save until I put in just numbers.

2. I couldn't see how to save a listing. I hit Preview and got a 404 error, but the item did actually get listed at that point, marked as Published.  I guess the Preview page is being worked on?

Other feedback:

3. If someone wishes to collect locally, then there should be a way to take cash on collection because PayPal will not cover the seller for local collection.  There's no proof you got the item to the buyer and the buyer can claim they never got it and take a refund.  Sure, I know you guys want to take a cut for the sale, but maybe there could be a way for buyer to pay X to effectively reserve it in your system and then the rest could be paid on collection.

4. I'm really impressed with it overall, and look forward to the improvements that are made as a result of people's feedback.

5. I don't actually see how to use another currency and I don't know what fee you will be charging me as a seller.

(Sent this by PM, but putting here so people know it's already reported)

1. Can't enter a UK postcode.  It won't let me save until I put in just numbers.

Hope to have a fix in by tomorrow for this...

2. I couldn't see how to save a listing. I hit Preview and got a 404 error, but the item did actually get listed at that point, marked as Published.  I guess the Preview page is being worked on?

The shop just needed to be activated, you should be fine now...

Other feedback:

3. If someone wishes to collect locally, then there should be a way to take cash on collection because PayPal will not cover the seller for local collection.  There's no proof you got the item to the buyer and the buyer can claim they never got it and take a refund.  Sure, I know you guys want to take a cut for the sale, but maybe there could be a way for buyer to pay X to effectively reserve it in your system and then the rest could be paid on collection.

IF anything like this happens, it won't be for a while.  I will need to build some other form of billing mechanism and that is not really how we want this to work.  Will put it on the list, but there will be many more things ahead of this.

4. I'm really impressed with it overall, and look forward to the improvements that are made as a result of people's feedback.

Great, glad you like it so far, there will be quite a few phases of releases etc.  This is just the start.

5. I don't actually see how to use another currency and I don't know what fee you will be charging me as a seller.

Currency will be fixed as well.   During the beta, there will be no fees, after the beta in a few months it will be a flat 2% fee.

Ok, so here are a list of things that have been updated today.

1. Postal codes are fixed and can enter letters now

2. Address order/format has been fixed on invoices

3. WYSIWYG Editor now contains buttons for font size, color/background color. 

4. NEW FEATURE - Vendors now have the option to display their full quantity count or like ebay if the quantity is over 10, it will just show a message that there are more than 10 in stock. Click the Info & Appearance Link on the left side bar.
    bp_1420317441__2015-01-03_15-36-45.png

5. Added an envelope icon with message count on top menu bar of main site if you have a message waiting for you. (i will continually work on the discussion pages to make it easier to use)

6. Activated the automatic approval of stores instead of waiting for us to activate you.  We will be watching everything closely, but just incase there are new users, they won't be left waiting.

7. Fixed some issues with the Tags trying to keep them clean and not make duplicates.

8. NEW FEATURE - Copy/Duplicate Product.  You should see a new icon in your Vendor product list that will copy the selected product.  I believe it duplicates everything but the Title, Tags and Image.  Make sure you change any quantity, price, description, etc.

9. ENHANCED FEATURE (BADGES) - There is a new link at the bottom of the left sidebar labelled "Your Badges" in the vendor area that will allow vendors to put in links to the eBay, Bricklink, Brickowl and Amazon Shops. Submit the links to trigger a notification to us to check your shops and approve the badge. Later i will make the badges hot links to the other shops if people want to check them out to see if you have good feedback.
    bp_1420317333__2015-01-03_15-33-33.png

10. On Search pages, there are a few more sorting options for highest/lowest price, newest/oldest listings.  
  • Like 3

It might be worth stating something about genuine Lego products only on the site. This may be more trouble than it is worth, but with the huge number of inauthentic Lego sets on Ebay these days, it might be helpful to say that although we don't guarantee authentic Lego products are being sold, this is a marketplace for only authentic Lego, and those selling counterfeit Legos will be banned. This would be another way of making BC more distinct. I have not thought through all the implications of this and so it may be a bad idea to state something like this explicitly, but I'm interested to hear others thoughts on it.

• Like 1

Just to be clear, the products need to be inserted with the prices in USD atm right? what are the rates used?

Yes, I still need to address the currency setup for the shops.  Its fine on the buyer end, just need to finish the shop side.  Should be done by Monday.  I am just using current values from google.