Brick Classifieds Feedback and Questions

Jeff Mack

Hi Guys,

First of all huge congratulations on the effort! I am sure, given the time Brick Classifieds will be The Place to go, so well done! I am so happy seeing this becoming alive!

I wanted to post 1-2 sets to taste the waters and see how everything works, but I can't upload the photos. The little round icon next to +Add Files keeps spinning/loading but nothing happens. I restarted the browser, then tried again. Same story. Tried with individual images and a group, same thing.

Also would it be possible to list the prices in GBP and Euros too, currently only available one is USD.

Thanks!

Hi Guys,

First of all huge congratulations on the effort! I am sure, given the time Brick Classifieds will be The Place to go, so well done! I am so happy seeing this becoming alive!

I wanted to post 1-2 sets to taste the waters and see how everything works, but I can't upload the photos. The little round icon next to +Add Files keeps spinning/loading but nothing happens. I restarted the browser, then tried again. Same story. Tried with individual images and a group, same thing.

Also would it be possible to list the prices in GBP and Euros too, currently only available one is USD.

Thanks!

What were the size of the images you were uploading? How big/small.

The currency thing has been brought up many times and a feature is on the way.

A small bug is that I notice that there are 48 badges available but only 4 types (Amazon, Bricklink, BrickOwl, eBay). It appears that each time a badge is awarded the total number of badges increases without increasing the number of unique badges.

This has been fixed.  Thank you for posting!

What were the size of the images you were uploading? How big/small.

The currency thing has been brought up many times and a feature is on the way.

I had accidentally tried to upload 30mb of images (picked the raw images by mistake) and I experience the never ending wait... I've experience some slowness in viewing full size images from listings, but I imagine than could be because the images are big (not sure if you resize during the save).

A quick Q about the currency as it stands... If I switch my show to US dollars, but someone has their currency set to CAN, it shows it being less (i.e $950 US turns into $817 CAN). If they buy it, will they be charged the right amount? Or should we just wait for the update?

A small bug is that I notice that there are 48 badges available but only 4 types (Amazon, Bricklink, BrickOwl, eBay). It appears that each time a badge is awarded the total number of badges increases without increasing the number of unique badges.

Not fair, I only was up to 45 badge options.

This has been fixed.  Thank you for posting!

Jeff, can you check my ebay badge attempt.  It shows that I applied for it but hasn't gone through which was some time ago.  I can re-send if it got lost or didn't go through correctly.  Thanks.

Not fair, I only was up to 45 badge options.

Jeff, can you check my ebay badge attempt.  It shows that I applied for it but hasn't gone through which was some time ago.  I can re-send if it got lost or didn't go through correctly.  Thanks.

You should see your ebay badge now

I had accidentally tried to upload 30mb of images (picked the raw images by mistake) and I experience the never ending wait... I've experience some slowness in viewing full size images from listings, but I imagine than could be because the images are big (not sure if you resize during the save).

A quick Q about the currency as it stands... If I switch my show to US dollars, but someone has their currency set to CAN, it shows it being less (i.e $950 US turns into $817 CAN). If they buy it, will they be charged the right amount? Or should we just wait for the update?

Same issue here. I suspect something in the coding converts the price to USD and then converts it back again to display, however both exchange rates used are not in sync / the same. For the product I listed the variance is about 0.3% so it's not a big deal, just seems odd.

Edited by jkaesler

Is there a place to leave feedback for a buyer? I looked for quite awhile and couldn't find it.

I think that since payment is due up front, it is assumed the buyer has done their part.  I haven't seen anywhere to post buyer feedback.  It appears feedback is only for the seller, which is fine in this buying format. 

I suppose if there is an issue with a chargeback or something, we have a very large forum to seek revenge with :threaten:

The number of times your shop/product are viewed seems to be including (in the visitors dashboard widget) when you look at your own shop/item. That doesn't really seem right to me. :)

Additionally, I'm not sure if you're tracking overall product views or individual product views (then totaling for the widget) but it would be neat to know the views by product. Maybe it's already there and I just haven't found it, but the Stock Product List would be an excellent place to have a "Times Viewed" column.

The number of times your shop/product are viewed seems to be including (in the visitors dashboard widget) when you look at your own shop/item. That doesn't really seem right to me. :)

Additionally, I'm not sure if you're tracking overall product views or individual product views (then totaling for the widget) but it would be neat to know the views by product. Maybe it's already there and I just haven't found it, but the Stock Product List would be an excellent place to have a "Times Viewed" column.

I will filter out the personal views if you are logged in.  Product views are being track individually.  I will get a report for that.  It's on the list.

mine seems to have disappeared.

I also used to have a brickpicker badge.

applied for both ebay and brickpicker.

Your badges should be back now.  I think a few got reset when I created the page to enter in your urls and submit them.

In the coming days (sometime this week) there will be a whole new uploader.  You will see the progress bars and there will be more feedback based on what you are uploading.  Some more hard limits on the size of the file to upload, etc.

In the coming days (sometime this week) there will be a whole new uploader.  You will see the progress bars and there will be more feedback based on what you are uploading.  Some more hard limits on the size of the file to upload, etc.

Cool ... it seems some people are uploading massive images. Some listing pictures show really fast and others take forever.

I started taking real photos of my sets last night... I know it'll be good in the long run, but what a pain in the derriere. ;)

Cool ... it seems some people are uploading massive images. Some listing pictures show really fast and others take forever.

I started taking real photos of my sets last night... I know it'll be good in the long run, but what a pain in the derriere. ;)

I've been using a DSLR to take pics of mine. Been frustrated by results, but now I know how to set a custom white balance.

I'll be retaking pics of a lot of sets. But yes it is worth it in the end. I like sharp crisp pics of my items so there is no room for speculation about what you are getting.