5004077 - 2015 Target Minifigure Gift Set

TheOrcKing

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So today my wife E-mails me that Target is giving away a free set with $50 of city, ninjago, or super heroes sets. Ok, great! I jump on the computer, pick some sets and no free promo gets added. I check, I called (and they confirmed a different promo at the store) the only info I could get is that if the promo is available it will be automatically added, but when I used the online item number for the promo (to see if they were already out) it added one to my cart (for $9.99)

Where did I go wrong? Is anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest brickcrazyhouse
29 minutes ago, 2x4 said:

Hey-

Just found about 30 of these on the shelf! Still worth it? Having a hard time finding part out value

I have over 200 at the local target. pick up 4. 1 for me, 3 for hoping

So the other day in my Target they finally had a flyer promoting this item along with a frame in the LEGO aisle stating the same with buy a $39.99 or more City, Ninjago, and some third theme I can't recall correctly at the moment set to get this "Minifigure box set" for free processed at the register. (I didn't see anything stating it could be purchased separately though.) Okay but no designated shelf space anywhere and I don't see anything therefore I try asking the nearest staff about it. Cute how a young girl must have overheard me and the employee talking about the minifigure set then came over with a couple of the Minifigures blind packs in hand saying maybe these were it. I thanked her then said it was actually four different characters in a single little box.

Anyway the employee still had no idea what I was talking about exactly plus the fact there was not a photo displayed in the store promo only made things more confusing especially considering last year's had a huge picture of the freebie and a good area of the shelf reserved in the LEGO aisle (yet none in stock, bah). Well while the employee was trying to reach someone on the company walkie-talkie, the sweet girl from earlier came back with the box set promo; the only one she could find tossed between some other sets down the aisle from what she said. Thanked her a second time then showed the promo to the employee going "This is it". Staff person took one look then replied "I don't think that's it". ....Ah no, are we really doing this? :logik: The employee followed up with going to ask other staff about the promo. In the meantime I tried using a price scanner on the item which unfortunately yielded nothing.

Moving along some minutes later, the employee came back to be friendly while insistent the promo was for the Minifigures blind packs not the unique box set I had in hand. Needless to say between the uncertainty of the staff and the item not registering in the system, I did not (or rather could not) buy it. Now I don't blame the employee who I have a feeling could not get a straight answer from anybody else who worked there. This was not on my list of "must haves" really although it would have been nice particularly since missing last year's due to lack of stock or selling out fast. Honestly more than anything I feel sorry for the girl who helped me.

• 2 weeks later...