BRICK CLASSIFIEDS ***OPEN BETA***

Jeff Mack

Where is the free shipping tool or module?

Is it for the seller and/or buyer?

For an item I listed, I used a generic amount for the shipping cost.

Am I missing something here?

Thank you...

Just put in 0 and it will list as free shipping.

Sent from my SM-N915T using Brickpicker mobile app

Is anyone having issues with the sellers not receiving verified paypal shipping addresses when completing a transaction? I am using paypal mobile and i don't remember if there was an option to specify shipping address - just trying to figure out if I am doing something wrong when checking out.

Edited by runormal

Is anyone having issues with the sellers not receiving verified paypal shipping addresses when completing a transaction? I am using paypal mobile and i don't remember if there was an option to specify shipping address - just trying to figure out if I am doing something wrong when checking out.

yes, I'm having same issue

Looks good! Really good actually. I`m shorter on time these days will obligations and such, but will take a much deserving closer look when I have more time. Will more than likely post some listings as well, who wouldn`t do so when the system looks this good? And 2% (I`m seeing that right, yes?) fees? That`s just awesome, thanks very much Jeff and Ed, looking forward to using. 

It is possible to make it easier to shop by region (USA, Europe, etc)? Or at least by those who can ship to you? Unless I am doing something wrong, at this point one can only tell that the item will not ship to your area after one has clicked on the item. This might make shoppers frustrated.

Just put in 0 and it will list as free shipping.

Sent from my SM-N915T using Brickpicker mobile app

Where can the Seller input the dimensions and weight of the item so that the Buyer can calculate the shipping on their end?

I was referring to the following in my OP (found under the Knowledge Base for Brick Classifieds).

I don't see this module anywhere...

Are there tools available to help with shipping costs?
  • Created:  December 31, 2014
  • / Author: Jeff Mack

Yes, there will be a FREE shipping tool or module available to all members when no FREE shipping is offered or shipping prices are unknown to the seller. It will give approximate prices and options for shipping costs from numerous major shippers. This will be best used as a guide for creating shipping profiles.

shippingtool.jpg

Edited by kunfuzd

I just set up my store as well. I tried adding my first set for sale (tried two times now) and when I have all information entered and photo uploaded, I click preview. Upon clicking preview the page refreshes with all the fields blank. Not sure what I am doing wrong?

Havent had a sale yet but this would be critical to have the shipping address show up in paypal so it would be easy to print labels through there...

Havent had a sale yet but this would be critical to have the shipping address show up in paypal so it would be easy to print labels through there...

I really think this is an issue with the person's paypal information in their account.  We do not send any address info to paypal.  It is just doing the transaction.  The rest is what the seller has on file. If it is confirmed or not, that is up to them.  Everyone does not confirm their information.  Some people don't want to put in bank account info or whatever the other options are for confirming.  The Brick Classifieds' invoices are there for address info.

A few suggestions, which I am sure is already in the planning stages...

• Social media buttons (share buttons to Facebook, Twitter, IG and other sites?)
  • Display the view count of an item
  • A "quick" buy/add to cart on the main listings
  • Display the title of the item in a Tooltip or help context (the main title is truncated and too short).
  • Perhaps for sets that are sold have a field for the LEGO set (for search purposes)

More to come!

First up the site looks fantastic, sadly, as it requires a premium or business paypal account, none of which I can justify due to my very small scale, I won't be taking it any further for now at least. As I said though, looks great and streets ahead of anything else on the market. Well done.

Update: I can't see a premium account option in the UK?

Edited by doon73

First up the site looks fantastic, sadly, as it requires a premium or business paypal account, none of which I can justify due to my very small scale, I won't be taking it any further for now at least. As I said though, looks great and streets ahead of anything else on the market. Well done.

A business account is not required.  There are others using it right now without a business or premium account.  

From the paypal documentation:

Note: The application owner must have a PayPal Business account. Senders and receivers can have any PayPal account type.

I really think this is an issue with the person's paypal information in their account.  We do not send any address info to paypal.  It is just doing the transaction.  The rest is what the seller has on file. If it is confirmed or not, that is up to them.  Everyone does not confirm their information.  Some people don't want to put in bank account info or whatever the other options are for confirming.  The Brick Classifieds' invoices are there for address info.

My PayPal address is confirmed - but I am also the same person who had the earlier "failed transaction" so I suspect you are correct and the issue is in fact my PayPal account. Thanks for the info, much appreciated!

A business account is not required.  There are others using it right now without a business or premium account.  

Note: The application owner must have a PayPal Business account. Senders and receivers can have any PayPal account type.

Strange, I'm getting this error message....

PayPal account email * Please Enter Valid PayPal Email Id

Sorted it, was my mistake, if not necessarily an obvious one. I hadn't included my middle name in the first name box. Here we go! Thanks!

My PayPal address is confirmed - but I am also the same person who had the earlier "failed transaction" so I suspect you are correct and the issue is in fact my PayPal account. Thanks for the info, much appreciated!

Make sure you check again, confirmed addresses can become unconfirmed.  Search on Paypal documentation.  I see the following:

What is a Confirmed Address?

A buyer's Confirmed Address is checked against the credit card billing address maintained by his or her credit card company, or is verified by PayPal. Because Confirmed Addresses must be in the name of the account holder, Gift Addresses can never be confirmed.

My address is no longer Confirmed, but it used to be. What happened?

Addresses can become Unconfirmed if the credit card associated with the address is removed or expires. In addition, you may have two identical addresses available to you during the eBay Checkout process, but only one of them will be Confirmed. 

If you don't know if your address is confirmed; this is how you check:

1. Log into PayPal, 

2. click on  Profile,

3. then click on  STREET ADDRESS under Account Information. 

At this point, you should see your address under the left hand column and under the other column  with the heading: STATUS, look for the word: CONFIRMED; if it isn't there, then your address is not confirmed. 

If you have associated a credit card with your back-up funding then it should be confirmed if you live where the bills for the credit card are mailed.  You can confirm your address immediately by adding a credit card or debit card to your account with the SAME BILLING ADDRESS AS YOUR CURRENT ADDRESS!  Please do this BEFORE paying for your purchase; if you pay first then find out your address is UNCONFIRMED then your payment would have to be refunded, your address confirmed, then payment rendered again; this process takes more time than many sellers have to devote to receiving a payment.  

Once your address is confirmed, then all your transactions will be protected by PayPal's guarantee. 

I'm having an issue with the PM system.  I received an e-mail from Brick Classifieds with a question from a potential buyer, but when I clicked on the link in the e-mail, it gave me an error message stating the system was unable to load my default controller. 

I went into my seller's dashboard and saw a "1" indicating a PM was there, but when I clicked on the link the inbox said it was empty. 

Any thoughts?

I'm having an issue with the PM system.  I received an e-mail from Brick Classifieds with a question from a potential buyer, but when I clicked on the link in the e-mail, it gave me an error message stating the system was unable to load my default controller. 

I went into my seller's dashboard and saw a "1" indicating a PM was there, but when I clicked on the link the inbox said it was empty. 

Any thoughts?

Same, was coming to say this as well.  It shows a new message is there,  but doesn't direct to the correct place.

Not sure who this is, but I really like the way they did a collage of multiple photos in one:

http://www.brickclassifieds.com/products/indiana-jones-7625-river-chase

Looks really good when you're browsing sets. I dislike how the portrait orientation cuts off most of the sets on both sides when you're browsing.

Yes, this was very well done. 

Not sure who this is, but I really like the way they did a collage of multiple photos in one:

http://www.brickclassifieds.com/products/indiana-jones-7625-river-chase

Looks really good when you're browsing sets. I dislike how the portrait orientation cuts off most of the sets on both sides when you're browsing.

Yes, this seller did a great job.  He took what was given to him/her and made it work very well.  People will learn how to adapt to the current system.  There is always a possibility that we can tweak things as well, but honestly after seeing how The Chiseler did their listings, I know people can be creative and work with what we have.