40121 - Painting Easter Eggs

TheOrcKing

That is great news.  This set is really moving at a pretty good clip on eBay from what I can tell.

There is one seller that shows more than 10 available slightly below $20 probably a Brickpicker member. :)

Once that one clears up or raises I see this going higher before easter.

It probably won't come to pass but I hope to hold out till it hits $25 and then start selling.

Got 39 of them wish I could have gotten a lot more...

Sell for $25, $7 fees/shipping. $8 profit (depending on tax/supplies), you have 80% ROI instantly. A lot less at $19.99, wait them out, you will be fine

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Brickpicker mobile app

Why doesn't anyone figure in the cost of packaging?  People paying $25 for this set won't want it shipped in a bubble mailer.  Unless you're buying wholesale, small gift boxes run a buck or two each.  Anyway, it's a very nice little set.  I just built it on a whim.  But I just don't see it being worth reselling unless it hits $30 or more.  Or bundling a series of them (assuming there is a Halloween and Christmas set).

Why doesn't anyone figure in the cost of packaging?  People paying $25 for this set won't want it shipped in a bubble mailer.  Unless you're buying wholesale, small gift boxes run a buck or two each.  Anyway, it's a very nice little set.  I just built it on a whim.  But I just don't see it being worth reselling unless it hits $30 or more.  Or bundling a series of them (assuming there is a Halloween and Christmas set).

Fair point but I buy in bulk and my fairly heavy duty corrugated box that mails first class for the $3.11 ish costs about $1.00 per box.  Its not that much.

I think justapilgrim's logic is sound.

Multiply it by 39 of them in a turbo flip and it adds up.

39 x 8 = 312.  Close to two Cinema Palace for flipping the 39...

Edited by trekgate502

The box these ship in is 30 cents (uline s-4062). Profit also goes up when people buy 2-3 per shot which is fairly common for families with multipe kids. Its a great little money making set that doesn't require much buy in which is nice for some members looking to build up. You can clear $5 a set. Sure its not a ton but sell 60 of them in 2 weeks and it adds up.

I don't pass up good selling items whether it is a $20 sale or a $1000 sale. Sales are sales.

• Like 2

These fit into a single 6x6x6 box (and that's a big fit for these guys).  48 cents at Walmart.

I had a few sets up on eBay.  I was packaging them with the Easter Bunny set from last year, because I was able to get them in bundles at Legoland (buy PEE get EB for 50% off).  Together, they fit into the 6x6x6 box without an issue.  Weight on it was 13 oz exactly, so postage cost was $3 and change.

I managed to clear about $10 per set of two.  Might be small potatoes for some, but considering how easy it was to package them up and have them ready to slap a label onto, these were really easy.

I removed the discussion regarding "creative" usage of USPS flat boxes based on this quote that can be found on either flap of the Priority / Express Flat rate boxes:

"This packaging is the property of the U.S. Postal Service and is provided solely for use in sending Priority/Express Mail. Misuse may be a violation of federal law."

• Like 1

I have about 100 small makeup shipping boxes I got from Nordstrom. I will not comment further.

I removed the discussion regarding "creative" usage of USPS flat boxes based on this quote that can be found on either flap of the Priority / Express Flat rate boxes:

"This packaging is the property of the U.S. Postal Service and is provided solely for use in sending Priority/Express Mail. Misuse may be a violation of federal law."

I'm fine with you removing my post, but that was what I was trying to figure out - that was the gist of my question, and that was what I was missing.

I'm fine with you removing my post, but that was what I was trying to figure out - that was the gist of my question, and that was what I was missing.

I removed your post because it contained the description of the "creative" act (ie. what the other poster did).  Had it only had the question ("How was this illegal?"), I wouldn't have removed the post.

Feel free to PM me if you have further questions.

• Like 1