Science Adventures Achieves 10,000 Supporters

fuzzy_bricks

Is that 2 or 3 women in this set?  Or am I blind?

I cannot see Lego wanting to get into the women / men not producing enough controversy all over again.  I think they will move on.

At the same time, the demand is there and controversy can also be free publicity. I wouldn't count it out of the running from the review.

I'll be disappointed if/when this is released instead of one of the many better and more original ideas that have been submitted.

If LEGO wants to release it it will, independently of other sets. What I gleaned from the decision process so far is that LEGO doesn't limit itself if it finds multiple sets good candidates, it evaluates them individually. Especially considering that most of the submitted concepts are infeasible as an Ideas release. I am sure that a potential release of this set wouldn't affect other projects.

That sure was quick. Do they typically achieve 10K that quick?

I know the Purdue Pete one achieved 10k really fast, but they never produced it.  I think that license would have been a goldmine for them with making licensed NCAA/NFL type mascots, but that's just me. 

As for this set, I like it about as much as RI, very little.  I'll get one to have it, but won't invest in it.  I thought figures like these was why they make the CMF line?

I know the Purdue Pete one achieved 10k really fast, but they never produced it.  I think that license would have been a goldmine for them with making licensed NCAA/NFL type mascots, but that's just me. 

As for this set, I like it about as much as RI, very little.  I'll get one to have it, but won't invest in it.  I thought figures like these was why they make the CMF line?

I think getting into bed with the nfl and ncaa would be worse than disney.  TLG already has one elephant to deal with, I dont think they want another. 

As for this set I cant see TLG not giving it a shot.  RI got a limited release initial, but was in so much demand they gave it a second round.  This seams like a no brainer, as a follow up.  I dont see the sex of the minifigures (huh what?), really effecting the decision much this time around.  they could even do it as 3 poly bags rather than 1 large set.

finally the only people on this site that do not want this to be release are the ones with no RI's in their stock rooms...

Edited by jay4e

Is that 2 or 3 women in this set?  Or am I blind?

I'm going with 2, I had to verify the lipstick on the 1 to confirm lol

I believe that it is a set with 3 female scientists. The reason that not all 3 figures have long hair and lipstick is that not all women have long hair and lipstick. I heard that this was one of the criticisms of the RI :)