Walmart Canada Sales and Clearance

gravtation

56 minutes ago, Zelgazra said:

To add a couple ideas to Sandwraith's comments... 

When starting out, I found the advice that it's a good idea to first guide yourself to sets you like was useful. Look at sets you think are entertaining and would like to build yourself... Then do your quick research on the set, like checking sold listings on ebay, and 6 month selling average (quantities and prices) over on Bricklink to gauge your investment's potential.  Then, even if it doesn't perform as well as you'd like, you can always just build it for personal enjoyment.

Next thing is to find the best discount you can, as buy-in is everything in this game. However, by weighing the results from your research, you can decide what profit margin, and therefore what percentage discount is acceptable for a given set. For example, I'm currently buying in to Scooby and Jurassic at 20% off, but I'm only grabbing City at 50%. Also, if you've never sold before, you need to figure out your selling price before all the transaction fees are factored in. $60 sales for a $33.50 purchase looks really nice on paper, but once you factor everything in you're not making a ton on that transaction. 

In regards to how long to hold for, I find the best approach is to have a realistic selling price in mind before you purchase the set (based on your previous research). Once retirement and appreciation starts, you ride it as long as it takes to hit your magic number, then start selling them to keep your funds rolling. If you see they're trending up steeply you adjust the rate you're selling at to maximize profits, but keeping in mind anything over your magic number is gravy. 

Great information, I'll keep the tips in mind, thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the head up budy.

I really can not get these people: for Nexo Night stuff and 76046  TRU's bogo 50% off on clearance stuff promo offered a better deal, but they lingered on TRU's webside for week. here on Walmart someone cleaned them in hours?

BTW seems 75087 Anakin's cusom Jedi starfigher is still there 50% off: http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/lego-star-wars-anakins-custom-jedi-starfighter-75087/6000189903723

Edited by bigreen

8 hours ago, Vodium said:

I know some of those sets had rather low stock before the clearance. I would've liked a half price Fortrex. 1f614.png

Fortrex and Jestro's Volcano Lair are 50% in some walmart Store .. Bought 4 of each ..

+City Deep sea Helicopter 50%
+the Batboat Harbor 50%
+ City Prison Island 50%
+Attack on Avengers Tower 35$
+Gorilla Grodd goes Bananas 50%
+Heroes of Justice : Sky High Battle 50%
+Avenjet Space Mission 50%

Not every Walmart had these at the same price /discount but most of them ! Good luck

Edited by gravtation
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, gravtation said:

Fortrex and Jestro's Volcano Lair are 50% in some walmart Store .. Bought 4 of each ..

Not every Walmart had these at the same price /discount but most of them ! Good luck

I had the Fortrex and Volcano Lair in my shopping cart but I ended up putting them back after spending 30 minutes in the store. Cool looking sets that I wanted for my personal collection but I had to be disciplined and stick to City and Creator only.

6 hours ago, gravtation said:

Everything 50% off

airport

spider bridge

x-wing

and many more..

scored also 2 at-te ...50%

IMG_0305.JPG

IMG_0306.JPG

Must be location-specific. I'm at my local Walmart right now and those items are still full price. But I'm guessing they will go on clearance any day now. Just gotta keep a vigilant eye out and have some lightning-fast reflexes.

1 hour ago, Zelgazra said:

It's probably too late but I'm going to check today. Apparently Kelowna had clearance. Worth a look maybe.

I'll save you the trip; I went to both locations today in Kelowna and West Kelowna and they only have the same sales as you would find online. None of the other stuff that other folks in Canada have been scoring are available for 50% off. 

Zender must've beat you to it then. He informed me he got a nice haul of some sets at 50% off up there. I'm in North Van myself. Just checked the local Supercenter, nothing marked on clearance (except 1 lonely Finn constractible), despite cross checking 50% purchases live with Zender by text. I asked the associate and she said clearance usually rolls out from Head Office, so not sure why there are deals some places and nothing at all at others. 

44 minutes ago, Zelgazra said:

Zender must've beat you to it then. He informed me he got a nice haul of some sets at 50% off up there. I'm in North Van myself. Just checked the local Supercenter, nothing marked on clearance (except 1 lonely Finn constractible), despite cross checking 50% purchases live with Zender by text. I asked the associate and she said clearance usually rolls out from Head Office, so not sure why there are deals some places and nothing at all at others. 

Is Zender in the Kelowna area too? The Walmarts here have 50% off on some stuff, but not on the bigger City sets (like 60103, 60104, 60132, 60110) or Spider-man Bridge 76059 or Poe's X-Wing 75102. The stock is still sitting on the shelves and when I went to the price-scanner, they all scanned at full retail. All the Nexo is 50% and they still aren't moving. If they drop any further, I won't be able to resist the urge to buy.

I can confirm that there is a sale Walmart near me, I picked up the following: 

first order Snowspeeder 75100 for $15.00

lego city crooks island 60131 for $10.00

the hulk buster smash 76031 for $25.00

elves - fire dragon's lava cave for $15.00

some sets I saw but didn't pick up:

elsa castle for $40.00

star wars battle on takodano for $40.00

Thanks, John

yes the same thing happened to one Walmart I visited here in Montreal.

seems there was a broad 50% off clearance on almost all the big sets. I only grabbed myself 1 75104 for $75+tax, 1 75157 for $75 + tax and 1 76051 for $50 + tax.

very glad I can still find some valuable stuff.

I saw some of the same sets here on the East Coast, but it was pretty picked over. One thing that hasn't been mentioned was Mixels @ $3 each... I managed to find a complete set of Series 8 (9 polybags) for a buy in of $27Cdn + tax... Should be an easy double if not triple if past ebay sales are any indication..

Edited by Shneebs

5 hours ago, Shneebs said:

I saw some of the same sets here on the East Coast, but it was pretty picked over. One thing that hasn't been mentioned was Mixels @ $3 each... I managed to find a complete set of Series 8 (9 polybags) for a buy in of $27Cdn + tax... Should be an easy double if not triple if past ebay sales are any indication..

From my experience on Mixels Series 8 , the demand for them are not high so making double on them is tough based on current ebay reports. Also, it may take a while to sell.  I don't know much about Mixels, but maybe the value could go higher in the long term?