Walmart Canada Sales and Clearance

gravtation

36 minutes ago, gravtation said:

Rules in Quebec for error pricing.. it allow you to get 1 item at the error price, not all of them, everything else is the original price minus 10%.

The law obliges them to sell you at least one of them at that price. Go back and get it! and dont forget to bring the penny. :)

Something like this happened to a friend of mine once, it was at Toys 'R' Us in Richmond, BC about a year ago and they wouldn't sell the item because it was marked at .01 and that meant it was recalled. Even when he said he'd pay full price for the item, they still couldn't do it. The manager even had to come to the register to explain that 1 cent items are off limits and need to go back to the manufacturer because they were recalled for whatever reason and shouldn't have been out on the floor. I think he was given a gift card for $20 or something. Not sure if there's a law protects stores in that kind of situation but that's what happened.

14 hours ago, gravtation said:

Rules in Quebec for error pricing.. it allow you to get 1 item at the error price, not all of them, everything else is the original price minus 10%.

Apparently, the only obligations in honoring pricing are if the product itself is physically marked with a error'ed price tag or the shelf location where the item is "regularly" stocked is marked with a shelf label (ie wouldn't count if it was moved to an end cap or temporarily placed on a supply cart/dolly, or moved to some random location by someone).   However, there is a "voluntary" compensation program (www.opc.gouv.qc.ca) (also more info available at the federal level on the Competition Bureau's website) where the vendor promises that in the event of a pricing error (on electronic scanned prices) that they will give you the item free if it's normal price is less than $10  or sell you the item at a $10 discount if the price is more than $10 (so $10 is the highest refund possible). This programme was instituted to build trust and consumer confidence with the introduction of barcode scanners many years ago.  A few vendors still keep the policy alive but it's not mandatory.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

As Vodium said, seems to be a few sets on clearance at Walmart.

Notable sets I saw in store were Resistance X-wings for $65 and the Tie Striker for $60.  Not nearly as amazing as deals people are getting in the States, but that's probably (maybe?) near the best price we can expect for the X-wing.  I also saw the Web Warriors Ultimate Bridge Battle for $89.  As reported previously, many of the current wave of Constraction sets are $15.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jeff_14 said:

Just this morning I got a few of last year's Killer Croc Sewer Smash for 33% off. Comes with a bunch of exclusive Suicide Squad figures.

Yes, you're right!  That was also discounted.  Airport Battle was as well, but out of stock at my locations.

5 hours ago, Codes said:

Notable sets I saw in store were Resistance X-wings for $65 and the Tie Striker for $60.  Not nearly as amazing as deals people are getting in the States, but that's probably (maybe?) near the best price we can expect for the X-wing.

That's the thing, eh? I keep seeing these incredible discounts in the states or other parts of the world, and many saying they won't pull the trigger on anything unless it's 50% off... but that's SO rare up here! Anything above 30% is something to consider imo.

Except the market we're selling to is the same one our southern friends are. Be careful at 30%, because even at your minimum break even price, they can probably still ship up here cheaper, and profit. Unless the set is really hot and retiring soon, I'm cautious with 25-30% off.