40158 - Pirates Chess Set (2015)

TheOrcKing

• 3 weeks later...

Favorite part of filming this set is all the mini figures that can be piled onto all the other pirate sets.  Worst part of the set is that the pieces don't fit under the board even though LEGO made it seem like that would be an option.  Bonus is the I reenacted a famous game from years ago (aka - Game of the Century).

• Like 9

Favorite part of filming this set is all the mini figures that can be piled onto all the other pirate sets.  Worst part of the set is that the pieces don't fit under the board even though LEGO made it seem like that would be an option.  Bonus is the I reenacted a famous game from years ago (aka - Game of the Century).

​I've seen how jangbricks put in the chess figures, he said that it's very difficult and you have to detach somethings for it to fit.

Nice anymation as always, even though I hoped for a small fight when the first pawnfight broke loose! ;-)

• Like 1

​Sorry to piss in your cereal but your board is oriented incorrectly.  "White on right"  The back row square to the far right is always white.  "Queen on her own color"  The Queen always starts on her color.  Black queen on the black square, white queen on the white square.

chess-board-vector-149602.jpg

​Sorry to piss in your cereal but your board is oriented incorrectly.  "White on right"  The back row square to the far right is always white.  "Queen on her own color"  The Queen always starts on her color.  Black queen on the black square, white queen on the white square.

I thought we all knew this and so would you if you read the thread. Ufema was just following the instructions, even though they are wrong,  as one does when they build a lego set. 

Thanks for another great video realy liked your last SW one with the weapon draw.  

Edited by Pseudoty

I thought we all knew this and so would you if you read the thread. Ufema was just following the instructions, even though they are wrong,  as one does when they build a lego set. 

Thanks for another great video realy liked your last SW one with the weapon draw.  

​I have read the thread.  However, in his video, he is replaying a famous, historical game, presumably for chess nerds (not the casual player.)  We are sticklers for the rules and what he was playing would be considered an illegal game and NOT the historical one.  Would it have been that hard to spin the squares around after building and before starting the game?

​I'm impressed.  I wish I had known about that when filming the video.  Never even knew that.

• 2 months later...

This set is on sale on the U.S. LEGO LEGO Shop at Home website for anyone wanting to pick one up.  Wondering if this will be going EOL soon since they have marked it down to $49.79 from $59.99.

more than likely yes ... the pirates theme is one i believe to be axed this coming new year to make way for new themes!

• Alpinemaps changed the title to 40158 - Pirates Chess Set (2015)