New Superman Sets

Rich B

I have been hearing rumors that there will be more Superman sets coming out this year to go along with the Superman movie this summer. Does anyone have any photos, or set names yet? Or any idea when we should expect to see these in stores? I was just thinking about it and was curious as I'm a huge Superman fan and very anxious to see when/if/and/or what we are getting as far as Superman sets this year.

I'm curious to see what they have planned as well. I'm a huge comics fan in general and i'm going to start getting into the Superheroes lines. My only gripe with them is that some of the vehicles that are being produced aren't actually utilized in the comics. I don't know why it bugs me so much, but even back when i was a kid when the X-Men toy line was out, i never liked the vehicles because they weren't in the comics or TV show. Now of course for the most part, there are vehicles and sets that are in the comics so it's not all bad. :)

I have been hearing rumors that there will be more Superman sets coming out this year to go along with the Superman movie this summer. Does anyone have any photos, or set names yet? Or any idea when we should expect to see these in stores? I was just thinking about it and was curious as I'm a huge Superman fan and very anxious to see when/if/and/or what we are getting as far as Superman sets this year.

I've heard of 3 sets so far for this year. There's no details yet on them though although I hear the they are based on scenes from the Man of Steel movie.

Metropolis Showdown (76002)

Yeah I'm looking forward to these sets, how awesome would it be if they ever did a fortress of solitude :) but i agree with you on the vehicle front, isnt there a new Spiderman set where Spiderman has a motorbike?!? What?!? why does Spiderman need a motorbike, he can move round the city by web much faster than in a vehicle?? But hey, not gonna be picky as Venom is in that set, and he is the greatest comic book character ever :)

You nailed it Furbs. The idea of Spidey using a motor bike is ridiculous. Lol. I also love the Venom mini figure too. I am going to stash a couple of those away for later on. As far as the rumored sets, they are posted on Brickset.com. There are no pictures and no solid info yet, but the set numbers have been assigned, so I am pretty sure these are the real thing. I am way excited for these. The only only downside is that it will probably take away from the value of 6862. For a while, it looked like buying that set was going to be the only way to get a Superman mini fig. Oh well, still a great set!

how awesome would it be if they ever did a fortress of solitude

Gotta agree with you on that one, I would love it if they would do a good job on it! But, would they do the original from the comics or one of the updated versions from the movies? Personally I would love to have both!

You nailed it Furbs. The idea of Spidey using a motor bike is ridiculous. Lol. I also love the Venom mini figure too. I am going to stash a couple of those away for later on.

As far as the rumored sets, they are posted on Brickset.com. There are no pictures and no solid info yet, but the set numbers have been assigned, so I am pretty sure these are the real thing.

I am way excited for these. The only only downside is that it will probably take away from the value of 6862. For a while, it looked like buying that set was going to be the only way to get a Superman mini fig. Oh well, still a great set!

I agree with you man, 6862 definitely won't be as valuable once more Superman sets are available, but should still do fine in the long run since after all it is Superman. I hope we get different variations of Superman minifigs just like with Batman. Also I'd like to see a Clark Kent minifig! Hopefully TLG will do a Clark Kent, I would think they would since they did a Bruce Wayne for the Batman series.

Superman would probably just be part of the DC Super heroes theme. I can't really see it being a separate theme like batman was before given the Super Heroes is still on the shelves.

I'm sure you're right. Spider-Man is part of Marvel Super Heroes, and the first Superman figure was part of the DC Super Heroes.

The other thing is, there are only three sets. There wouldn't be a whole new theme for three sets. I'd bet the farm they are part of DC Super Heroes, as you said.

Superman is by far my favorite superhero including dc and marvel both, so when I found out about these sets....... I WAS PHYCHED!!!!! My only concern is the same one I have with the new movie....... I hope the superman's good. The superman fig out now is decent but still it could be better. For instance the one out now has no emblem on his cape, (which really disappointed me!) and a faceprint that doesn't really resemble the superman I'm used to. So if they fix those two issues I'll be happy. I do realize though that this is the superman from the new movie, so the fig won't be exactly what I'm expecting, but they can still fix the head and cape. Besides I'm kinda looking foward to a new superman in these sets and the new movie. So, yesI will definetly be buying these sets. IrishGuy out.

Can you imagine if they made it primarily out of transparent bricks? Then they could build a light brick into it to make it shine! That would be rad!!! :)

I'm so thinking of clear and light blue translucent bricks with brilliant LED lights and fiber optics! Crystal bricks that you pick up and move and the light display changes.

Probably too expensive for Lego but it looks great in my mind!