70811 - The Flying Flusher

jaisonline

i purchased 5 lego the movie flying flushers from shop@home on sale.  the price ($17.98) was hard to beat. 

it's a fun set.

i think this set will eventually turn out to be one of the more popular movie sets.  people like pumblers, port-a-potty, and plungers.  i bought 1 of these last year with my son and he really liked it.  while the minifigs are not popular movie chars, this might turn out to be a plus as all of these are exclusive.  

did you buy any?

lego US link =

http://click.linksynergy.com/fs-bin/click?id=jfOcdvfTNg4&subid;=&offerid=115554.1&type=10&tmpid=2294&RD_PARM1=http://shop.lego.com/en-US/The-Flying-Flusher-70811

• Like 1

i purchased 5 lego the movie flying flushers from shop@home on sale.  the price ($17.98) was hard to beat. 

it's a fun set.

i think this set will eventually turn out to be one of the more popular movie sets.  people like pumblers, port-a-potty, and plungers.  i bought 1 of these last year with my son and he really liked it.  while the minifigs are not popular movie chars, this might turn out to be a plus as all of these are exclusive.  

did you buy any?

lego US link =

http://click.linksynergy.com/fs-bin/click?id=jfOcdvfTNg4&subid;=&offerid=115554.1&type=10&tmpid=2294&RD_PARM1=http://shop.lego.com/en-US/The-Flying-Flusher-70811

Just one for our collection. I just can't bring myself to put my money into the movie sets. I have no doubt they'll be successful, but I don't have enough space or capital to take the risk on them.

I do agree with you though that it's a pretty cool set for it's price. What city would be complete without a plumber to make house calls? :)

This is the only lego movie set I bought (and didn't flip). I have 5 coming from LEGO Shop at Home and plan on holding them for awhile. I'm a sucker for exclusives especially ones that get short production runs. Who knows the series 1 lego movie sets might really take off after the next movie, an overlooked sleeper investment. 

• Like 1

On all of these 2 in 1's I wish they had more screen time. I'm passing on them for investment for the most part, I don't think two years down the road kids are going to be asking for sets that appeared for 5 seconds in the movie with none of the major characters, exclusive or not. 

Fun set though, and I somehow missed before the port-a-potty build, which is about the funniest possible thing to build when you are my 6 year old.

Anyone know if Lego produces City plumbing sets on a regular basis?

Personally, this set 100% sold me with that port-a-potty / Johnny on the spot. I really think people will dig the set for years to come just with that element alone. It's awesome and people (at least Americans and dry-humored Brits) dig bathroom talk.

• Like 1

Anyone know if Lego produces City plumbing sets on a regular basis?

Personally, this set 100% sold me with that port-a-potty / Johnny on the spot. I really think people will dig the set for years to come just with that element alone. It's awesome and people (at least Americans and dry-humored Brits) dig bathroom talk.

Seriously, we have countless construction sets and these guys gotta go somewhere. Maybe the next LEGO Movie will have a double-decker port-o-potty.

This was one of the first sets I bought all the way at the start of last year before The LEGO Movie hit theaters. I didn't need to see the film to want this soaring lavatory destroyer. It is rather large for a City vehicle but I assume a little modifying could remedy the size problem and besides every town needs plumbers other than those Marios. It sounds weird to say I love the potty but I do so there.

• Like 1

IMO, a lot of investors are underestimating the Lego Movie sets as an entire class of investments.

The "name of the game" in movie production now is franchise potential, and The Lego Movie already has THREE sequels slated (Batman being first). That strengthens all of these sets as long-term investments. Those films will likely be successful, leading to more films. And more AFOL's for us to provide product for.

This set is great.

A personal family favorite of ours, and likely many, the double-decker couch... which is so popular at B&M's that most are restricting them to "one per household". It's the kind of set current kids will look back on twenty years from now and gladly pay significantly $ to own, based on how well the set represents the movie and the nice memories they had in childhood watching it.

I think savvy investors will identify this potential, but not so many that hoarding will be significant. I love the movie, the line, and the long-term investment potential.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...