41101 - Heartlake Grand Hotel

TheOrcKing

3 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

I forgot I had some of these from Tesco's "price-error" sale ;-)

You forget you have more sets than most of us actually own!

3 hours ago, Haay said:

It's doing better already than the one year earlier retired 41058 Shopping Mall in terms of percentage increase.

I think we need to wait one more year for proper gains as the UK QFLL brigade is still out there in numbers. 

I remember these - my first big "bet". I bought about 6 of them for $64 bucks and sold way to early. Sold about 5 for about 100-115 - all on ebay. Figured ~ 15 to 20 dollars profit per unit was good enough. I remembered I still had one to keep or sell at a later date. A buddy asked if I had any lego to sell to his little girl and I said - oh yeah - I got a big hotel for about buy in - $64. I then looked at eBay prices and saw they were going for about $150 brand new. Might have to find an excuse to not sell to the friend. :)

It´s hard to know what will happen as Friends sets seem to be very seasonal. Even that turd of a plane is shifting units right now and you couldn´t give them away in the 11 other months of the year. I guess they just have to be stuck in storage and forgotten about like Tabby did till next season.

Edited by Val-E