Star Wars Buildable Figures

Bold-Arrow

Well, if they talked about reducing inventories in their annual report, this is the perfect place to start. Absolutely no one wants these (except for resellers if they are 80% off) and there should be some sort of change.org campaign to get them renamed as they are as close to Lego as chewing gum is.

2018 is looking like a great year if we lose SH Girls, Nexo, SW Buildables, TLBM and we get HP and Jurassic instead.

• Like 1

If the rumours are true then these are likely to be the last ever buildables and will only stick around for half a year at full price (then another year in the sale).

Doggydoo brown was a fitting colour choice for Han´s sweater.

image.png.1e9e2a834248a5524e0283978bc3a6fe.png

image.png.658f479ac48746765f16e00731207b35.png

Edited by Val-E

Maul got added to Brickset. I personally like the SW Buildable line and hate to see it go but would understand if it did. With the concentration on Brickheadz, SWBF's are dead in the water. However, if they do cancel the droids, that would truly be a shame, as the General needs some Clone era droid counterparts and I bet they would look fantastic.

Edit.....yeah they're done for :(

Edited by CosmicSpeed
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, fourkidsbuilding said:

What about Maul?  That one comes out with Han and Range Trooper correct?

Maul could be a real winner down the road if this last wave is somewhat limited...

Maul comes out at the same time but we already got pics of that a while ago. These will be the last 3 EVER.

20 minutes ago, zaphoid said:

You're not planning on a re-issue of these in 5 years time?

The Danes may be stubborn but they are not that stupid.

Buildable figures have none of the core values of the lego brick (creativity, imagination, possibility to combine and make bigger or different things - even Bionicles had that) and other toy brands make better poseable figures. They have tried with all the characters but it´s the wrong product at the wrong price point.

Edited by Val-E

29 minutes ago, Val-E said:

The Danes may be stubborn but they are not that stupid.

Buildable figures have none of the core values of the lego brick (creativity, imagination, possibility to combine and make bigger or different things - even Bionicles had that) and other toy brands make better poseable figures. They have tried with all the characters but it´s the wrong product at the wrong price point.

I should have put the crazy face emoji on my comment so it would have been known I wasn't serious.

• 3 months later...

I don't think the human characters work at all, but the troopers and robots look okay. They're just too expensive for what they are.

The only one I have is the biker scout from Jedi, however (if I had the display space) I'd probably get some of the others like K-2SO, Boba Fett and the Range Trooper, when they go on sale.

I actually think the latter two are the best they've done in the range so far.

Are we definitely sure they're done? It's just that Brickset still have listings for 75538: Super Battle Droid and 75539: 501st Legion Clone Trooper & AT-RT Walker, both for 2018.

• 2 months later...
  • TheOrcKing unpinned this topic
  • 9 months later...
On 3/7/2018 at 12:20 PM, Val-E said:

If the rumours are true then these are likely to be the last ever buildables and will only stick around for half a year at full price (then another year in the sale).

Doggydoo brown was a fitting colour choice for Han´s sweater.

image.png.1e9e2a834248a5524e0283978bc3a6fe.png

image.png.658f479ac48746765f16e00731207b35.png

guess which one i just sold for $78 fba?  i'll give you a hint.  it's the one that doesn't suck. 

i loaded up 75536 when they were $13 during the target cartwheel bogo 50% off sale  coupled with the buy $50 get $10 gift card deal in december 2018.   75533 boba fett selling instantly for me at $56.  holding back now for further price gains.  

Edited by cladner
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, cladner said:

guess which one i just sold for $78 fba?  i'll give you a hint.  it's the one that doesn't suck. 

i loaded up 75536 when they were $13 during the target cartwheel bogo 50% off sale  coupled with the buy $50 get $10 gift card deal in december 2018.   75533 boba fett selling instantly for me at $56.  holding back now for further price gains.  

But did you pay sales tax on them?

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Pebble&Park said:

But did you pay sales tax on them?

From target so sales tax partly offset by red card but thanks for asking.  Not picked up in buy tax free or die NH.  I don’t want to get into how many reys I picked up at $4.  Cant wait til those are in the $50s.  Bioncles meets Star Wars was always going to make money.  Now they should do this with Jurassic and make  different species Dino maxi builds 

25 minutes ago, cladner said:

From target so sales tax partly offset by red card but thanks for asking.  Not picked up in buy tax free or die NH.  I don’t want to get into how many reys I picked up at $4.  Cant wait til those are in the $50s.  Bioncles meets Star Wars was always going to make money.  Now they should do this with Jurassic and make  different species Dino maxi builds 

I really like how you do your own research. ?️‍♂️ Good job.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, cladner said:

Rey's rank might be over a million by the time it hits $50.

• Haha 1