Star Wars Buildable Figures

Bold-Arrow

• 2 months later...

I see maybe picking these upon clearance. I foresee a lot of them a bunch of them clogging up shelf space.

these will sell just fine ... they look really well and are now action figures ... lego style ... dont see these being shelf warmers at all!  they also look great displayed on a AFOLs desk!

these will sell just fine ... they look really well and are now action figures ... lego style ... dont see these being shelf warmers at all!  they also look great displayed on a AFOLs desk!

THe Star Wars fan community doesn't really seem to be chomping at the bit for them. These types of sets never seem to sell that well, unless I missed something where all of the Super Heroes I saw lingering on shelves were actually being continuously refreshed. Star Wars collectors have a variety of more accurate options that they tend to flock towards. AFOLs probably don't want to get into a different set of parts that won't interact with their current collections. They'll sell ok at first and Vader and the Trooper will get refreshes, but everything else will probably be slow movers.

Long term, look to the majority of Hero Factory, knights kingdom or Super Hero large figures.

I think they generally look great.

GG is actually my favorite, aesthetically, with Vader and Cody not far behind. Jango really made me think of the Clone Wars TV series, Obi-Wan seems to have been hitting the gym, and sadly Luke does have a few issues. But he will sell just fine given his return in Episode VII, not to mention generally being the guy who "finally" defeated evil in the galaxy.

I'm so conflicted.  They look great and they're star wars, so theoretically they should great investments; however the DC version's aren't/didn't do so well.

I think you need to look again.  Batman and The Green Lantern have a CAGR over 30%.  Joker is at 15%.  Plus many of these were bought at major discounts.