Star Wars Buildable Figures

Bold-Arrow

I just can't get into these.  My brother has given my son a few of these as gifts, and while they are interesting builds, I just find them a little dull so I'd rather just buy the normal lego sets and skip these all together.  We collect the black series, so it just seems like if you want to collect figures, that's the better route.

I have no idea how these will pan out as an investment, but I suspect like most SW lines, they'll easily double.

Part of the report.

Leaked catalogue image shows the three previously reported buildable figures from Star Wars: Rogue One. From left to right the buildable figures are main protagonist Jyn Erso, Death Trooper and sidekick and ex-Imperial interrogation droid K-250. Set numbers (75119/104 pieces, 75120/169 pieces and 75121/106 pieces) are known but their assignments are not. These sets are expected to be released for this September's Force Friday event.

10 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

Part of the report.

Leaked catalogue image shows the three previously reported buildable figures from Star Wars: Rogue One. From left to right the buildable figures are main protagonist Jyn Erso, Death Trooper and sidekick and ex-Imperial interrogation droid K-250. Set numbers (75119/104 pieces, 75120/169 pieces and 75121/106 pieces) are known but their assignments are not. These sets are expected to be released for this September's Force Friday event.

I thought this was a family-friendly site ..... ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

The Phasma buildable was £9.02 at Tesco in the 3-for-2 deal, which made it that you could get 3 for less than the RRP of 1.

I'm far from convinced about these figures (I definitely echo the sentiment about them not feeling very Lego-y), but it would've been rude to have turned down that sort of price, for a cool-looking character who may yet turn out to be a significant player in Ep 8.

• 3 months later...

I was a believer in these buildable, however it seems that apart from general grevious the rest are duds. Most have been half price throughout shelf life and no-one is picking them up. Things may change once retired but unfortunately future doesn't look good. Darth Vader and the new stormtrooper on the speeder bike should do good.

28 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Pfffff, these are worse shelf warmers than skull Bionicles or Chima Speedorz.

Disagree. Fairly liquid on Ebay and many sell for £18+. Phasma also features in Ep 8 and is one of the better performing buildables. £9 delivered is not a bad deal for an entry price. Even cheapest on Bricklink is £12+

Edited by Villager Chris
  • Like 1

Yesterday I bought 5 Vaders, 21 each, I guess this will take some time to appreciate, but vader is vader... I have faith in him.....

I have 5 Grevious and 5 stormtroopers that I got really cheap, 18 for grevoius and 11 for the stormtroopers.....

I might get more vaders.... if they go below 21....

I have built Vader and Ren to have in my office and really think they look good, I also have Jango and Grevious to build and will buy Phasma and the First Order Trooper, but the human figure do look lame.

I wasn't interested in these until I had seen them all built in a Lego Store.

Edited by blocp13