Star Wars Buildable Figures

Bold-Arrow

One thing I see from thread to thread is the demand for Lego in EU and other places is not the same for the US. I doubt I would even buy anything for resell if I lived outside the US. It's completely different here. Not saying the buildables are huge sellers but most Target, Walmart, etc. Have had limited quantities after the holidays. I know TRU has tons of them (minus obi/GG) but that's TRU for you...

I think the best is GG and I have roughly 40 of them and buy in was 9 dollars on half them and rest 15-17 dollars. I'm not worried at all. As I've said before and it's the same for brickheadz if I want to complete a series it's a lot easier to do so with these and brickheadz than buying 600 SW sets from over the years.

The market is changing and I feel people who have been doing this for awhile don't know how to deal/handle it. I know every comment is bubble talk but still...everyone is worried about remakes wellllll go with themes that more likely won't have remakes for a long time (SH, These, brickheadz, etc)

I think these will do well. Not great. Not 500% return. If I can buy something at 9 and sell it for 40-50 I'm happy...rinse/repeat.

The theme for 2017+ should be "buy in" and not so much what set you bought. Some will do better than others but overall it's the most important thing (if you ask me)

These seem to keep getting better and better and that will make there be a demand in the future to have complete sets. I have all of them and 10-50 of each one. There will be a market for these...maybe not huge but with enough of you hating on these I'll turn a good profit lol...

A bit of a mix of different things but wanted to express it in one post...

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Sozial said:

I got some GG, what bothers me, is that it is still available at many retailers in Germany after quite a while after EOL. Does not seem to have enough demand, or just overproduced. I hope easter sales will get rid of the Stock.

Have you ever heard the tragedy of Super Heroes constraction figures? 

I thought not. It's not something you would hear from a reseller.

Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, BarryZola said:

The only ones I've grabbed were about 10 Vader's at £10 each. Will hopefully start to look at the possibility of making a bit of profit on them in a year or two.

Let me guess, Tesco? Several branches are knocking figures out for less than £5.

17 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

Let me guess, Tesco? Several branches are knocking figures out for less than £5.

Yeah, but before Xmas in the 3 for 2's and whatever. Not seen any Vader's around for a tenner lately but not been keeping an eye out really. Seen loads of the crappy characters on sale but not worth buying in my opinion, unless you can grab them for a fiver, then I suppose there may be at least a chance of making a couple of quid.

Two of the new models (Chirrut Imwe and Baze Malbus) are already half price at Smyths. Also Stormtrooper on Back Order at SAH. 

I've nearly got a complete collection (all at half-price or better), although finding the models I need at a good discount is proving a little trickier. 

I don't care about the re-sale, as I enjoy collecting and keeping these. Sadly a complete Architecture collection is out of my price range. 

Guest TabbyBoy
8 minutes ago, Villager Chris said:

Cody, Jango, Poe and Rey to go any day when 50% sale stock runs out.

FOST on back order. Then any TFA figures, but who knows which first? 

I'd like DV and GG to go first as I went all in on those two during Tesco's last 3-for-2 sale. I think these are also the best of the theme so far? K2SO should also do well as he's such an endearing character. I now have them all in my personal collection any as I ordered the last one today from Amazon, Baze Malbus. I'm looking forward to building them all in order once she allows me to erect a long shelf up in the back bedroom.

47 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

I'd like DV and GG to go first as I went all in on those two during Tesco's last 3-for-2 sale. I think these are also the best of the theme so far? K2SO should also do well as he's such an endearing character. I now have them all in my personal collection any as I ordered the last one today from Amazon, Baze Malbus. I'm looking forward to building them all in order once she allows me to erect a long shelf up in the back bedroom.

GG is already retired. They're OK. I enjoy LEGO builds more as these are basically TECHNIC. I'm still collecting them all though :P I don't resell, but I was curious of the community's thoughts on how they're going to maintain these since they're unique as a "subtheme" and we haven't been able to trend their retirement schedule.

• 1 month later...
On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 0:58 PM, amrandazz said:

GG is already retired. They're OK. I enjoy LEGO builds more as these are basically TECHNIC. I'm still collecting them all though :P I don't resell, but I was curious of the community's thoughts on how they're going to maintain these since they're unique as a "subtheme" and we haven't been able to trend their retirement schedule.

They're technically Bionicle/Hero Factory.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, fossilrock said:

I've never been a fan of the buildables.  To each their own though. 

Not a big fan of these either, but by a mile this looks like the best set of the new releases when you see it on the shelf. Decent size, great box art and just overall cool looking set.

Only drawback, at €54.99 here, it's badly overpriced.

Edited by Sprocket77
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Sprocket77 said:

Not a big fan of these either, but by a mile this looks like the best set of the new releases when you see it on the shelf. Decent size, great box art and just overall cool looking set.

Only drawback, at €54.99 here, it's badly overpriced.

I agree 100%. I generally don't like the buildables, but it works for some characters. General Grievous was a good one.

The speeder bike looks pretty nice. I must say, the scout trooper by itself wouldn't look nearly as good. It's the speeder bike that makes the set. Plus the box art for this one is exceptionally well done.

About the price: if it's anything like the current buildable figures it'll be -50% in no time. The most recent wave is already at -60 to -70%. Crazy that they keep making this stuff now that I think of it.

That being said, I would probably never invest in these things.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Deadfraggle said:

Try building some, they'll grown on you....

We built Grievous... but I have to admit, i'm still not into them.   If i'm going to collect the figures, i'm sticking with the black series stuff from hasbro.  As time goes on, i'm mostly just becoming a modular buildings and Star Wars UCS kind of guy... If a regular set looks great we will buy that too.  But, if the set isn't up to snuff, i'll just bricklink the minis my son wants for his collection.  Our collection has grown so big over the years that i'm now at the point where we are selectively downsizing some of it.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

We built Grievous... but I have to admit, i'm still not into them.   If i'm going to collect the figures, i'm sticking with the black series stuff from hasbro.  As time goes on, i'm mostly just becoming a modular buildings and Star Wars UCS kind of guy... If a regular set looks great we will buy that too.  But, if the set isn't up to snuff, i'll just bricklink the minis my son wants for his collection.  Our collection has grown so big over the years that i'm now at the point where we are selectively downsizing some of it.

Agreed. In my house, we have significantly reduced and rationalized all of our Lego themes, particularly SW. We have limited SW collecting to:

-UCS: only the ones we want
-Microfighters: only the ones we want
-Advent calendar: because fun
-Select normal sets on a case by case basis such as Droid Escape Pod and Luke's Landspeeder to go with the UCS Sandcrawler, some of the Rebels sets (Ghost, Phantom, Phantom II), Jedi Starfighters, etc

We went from "gotta have them all" to only a handful of purchases so far this year.

• Like 4

I think the problem with the constraction series has been faces. Any figure with a mask and armour works well but human characters like obi  wan , luke, rey etc  have looked comically bad. That said they are getting better. Baze Malbus is a big improvement and chirrut imwe is spot on facially. Jyn is still a disaster though.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

I think the problem with the constraction series has been faces. Any figure with a mask and armour works well but human characters like obi  wan , luke, rey etc  have looked comically bad. That said they are getting better. Baze Malbus is a big improvement and chirrut imwe is spot on facially. Jyn is still a disaster though.

You really have to lean in and decide to be ok with the aesthetic. Not just the faces but the angular body parts and exposed armature. The skinniness of the limbs and the action features too.