Battletech

TheOrcKing

Mechwarrior  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see an official line based on Battletech?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Which style of mech do you prefer?

• Light
    • Medium
    • Heavy
    • Assault

would love to see someone accurately moc this picture of a battlemaster

the red one on the first page seems a bit chunky and stubby. this one seems a little more lean and tall.

That LEGO version does seem a bit fat particularly around the torso. Perhaps the camera angle and lighting added a few pounds. Ha. Well I still could not find any other physical builds of the Battlemaster. However there are the two digital renditions over at Brick Commander's Battletech page of downloads with LDraw files for the original "unseen" followed by the Project Phoenix "reseen" edition. Also to add a drastically different but super impressive one from the more recent Age of Destruction.

lego-battlemaster1.jpg

Battletech

lego-phx-battlemaster1.jpg

Project Phoenix

AoD-Battlemaster1.jpg

Age of Destruction

• Like 1

Well that's it. I officially have exhausted every possible way to find a physical Battlemaster in LEGO. I even tried looking up the original Bigfoot from the anime Fang of the Sun Dougram since that is what the mech was originally but still to no avail. On the plus I did find the red one displayed at a different angle which does give a better profile. Oh well, onto the next.

4520179030_89dc648b06_o.jpg

Battlemaster or Dougram Bigfoot

That LEGO version does seem a bit fat particularly around the torso. Perhaps the camera angle and lighting added a few pounds. Ha. Well I still could not find any other physical builds of the Battlemaster. However there are the two digital renditions over at Brick Commander's Battletech page of downloads with LDraw files for the original "unseen" followed by the Project Phoenix "reseen" edition. Also to add a drastically different but super impressive one from the more recent Age of Destruction.

Battletech

Project Phoenix

Age of Destruction

holy crap... i don't like the new iteration of the battlemaster but that second one looks awesome!

holy crap... i don't like the new iteration of the battlemaster but that second one looks awesome!

I thought the Project Phoenix version was a good one too while the Age of Destruction is very ....big. Then again so are many of the other designs based on the more recent MechWarrior stuff from Brick Commander. Impressive in scale and detail but perhaps a little too massive.

I thought the Project Phoenix version was a good one too while the Age of Destruction is very ....big. Then again so are many of the other designs based on the more recent MechWarrior stuff from Brick Commander. Impressive in scale and detail but perhaps a little too massive.

LOL @ the Rokurokubi... its good  to know someone else likes Yukimura.  Tokugawa tank... thats great!  yay! elementals, and LOL Tamberland strike sled?  lol I think this guys seen War inc.  glad the pegasus and galleon hover vehicles made it in... sad there is no Rommel tank =(

im a big fan of the Mad Cat Mk4, Zeus, and Malace also.  thats nice.

the Phoenix IIC and Marader IIC make me cry... no like!

not sure how I feel about the Ares... it may be practical to change direction with the tri legs like that but looks a little strange.

Edited by vexxet

Here from Mechwarrior 4: Mercenaries is a personal favorite mech for the medium circuit called Hellhound (not sure if actually related to the Conjurer battlemech considering that is also designated as Hellhound to the Inner Sphere which only succeeds in making things more confusing). Even equipped with the slowest engine for the design, it still could make many eat dust while supporting a good amount of weapon ports allowing just about anything. Unfortunately I could only find two roaming out on the World Wide Web and both are digital renditions on different yet similar scales (minifigure). The first seems closer to scale with the source and LEGO standards while the second although looking good appears in size almost like a light mech instead.

spmf.png

LEGO Hellhound LDD

lego-hellhound1.jpg

Hellhound

The smallest (I think) mech in the Battletech universe weighing in at twenty tons with limited weapon ports is the rather appropriately named "Flea". I managed to find a handful of physical builds (minus this one for being uncompleted) either being based on the original 'running box' design or the redesign that came with MechWarrior 4. I didn't realize this guy was so popular. :) In any case regardless of whether going for a Battletech diorama or just some random mechs, the original design looks fitting in LEGO form for any scenario. Also the small size and piece count should be quite easy to manage compared to the others say the Kit Fox or Dire Wolf.

Flea-13.jpg

Flea by Brick Mechs

1305798209m_DISPLAY.jpg

Flea by Matt Mason

EHCbj.jpg

Flea by Leprosyvirus

4696976834_ea7f217900_b.jpg

Flea (MW4) by The Black Rabbit

lego_flea_by_kielaran-d57ev97.png

Flea (MW4) by kielaran

866151059_88ba7aed8e_o.jpg

Flea (MW4) by pjlego

Flea_MW4-08.jpg

Flea (MW4) by Brick Mechs

Well this is a tad confusing. It seems there is a smaller mech than the Flea which basically is a variant of the Flea so different it became its own design ....sort of. (At least in MechCommander 2, it did.) Anywho, here is the (drum roll....) Fire Ant. Equipped with six machine guns and three flamers made it the perfect anti-infantry mech but little else. I think it's supposed to weigh around fifteen tons compared to the already tiny Flea at twenty. It reminds me of a Shadow Cat only smaller.

Fire_Ant-02.jpg

Fire_Ant-06.jpg

Fire_Ant-13.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

This marks the first for me seeing a custom Battlemech design called the Takahe. I checked and there isn't anything in the Battletech universe called close other than some space freighter Takashi I think. There is a whole list of specs the designer listed on each image in the gallery's pages which is rather thorough so perhaps it could really work in the game. To say the builder was a busy body is an understatement with a baker's dozen of just this mech alone in a variety of colors and weapon variants. (I lost track of how many pics are in the gallery so the slideshow preview may take a while to load.)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/12318190@N08/sets/72157633036965197/

Takahe by Canis Arms Corporation

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎28‎/‎2015 at 8:12 AM, biniou said:

I like these MOCs but I voted "no" because I think Lego would give us some poor sets, and I wouldn't be happy to see meh robots sold $60 take the place of some original designed sets like those we can see within the Agents theme.

Taking into consideration how LEGO goes through their design process until the set is finalized for retail; I would have to agree anything released probably will not be on par with our expectations or the source material. I have gone through a small handful of the digital designs Brick Commander came up with and generally they are good but way too many parts not made any more were used and some sections simply would not function in reality or at all (few spots had parts going through each other taking the same area) Also the piece counts even on the smallest of light mechs like Kit Fox was well over three hundred at least if I remember correctly. The completed builds were nice but did not look acceptable as a $30-$50 set.

On ‎2‎/‎28‎/‎2015 at 8:12 AM, biniou said:

Long live Battletech MOCs !

:wild::dwarf:

• 3 weeks later...

This is one of the smallest if not the smallest Battletech inspired fan design I have seen and it appears to actually be quite flexible which is good. The picture quality is poor but does show off a few angles. Also too bad LEGO does not use that angled windscreen anymore and I am trying to think of a good replacement far as pieces currently used in sets. Anyway the builder has used this basic battlemech/suit frame in a number of other alternate designs.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/12318190@N08/sets/72157602746541573/

Taunt v2.0 by Canis Arms Corporation

http://www.flickr.com/photos/12318190@N08/sets/72157623647516093/

Gungnir

http://www.flickr.com/photos/12318190@N08/sets/72157623771747854/

Shuriken

http://www.flickr.com/photos/12318190@N08/sets/72157623816046413/

Caltrop

http://www.flickr.com/photos/12318190@N08/sets/72157623940450842/

Ranger

http://www.flickr.com/photos/12318190@N08/sets/72157623940414492/

• 3 months later...