What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

looks great.  i can't wait to build mine. 

regarding the stickers, i purchased repros so my stickersheet will stay unused.   pre-2006 sticker quality aren't as good as the current ones used.

On 1/4/2017 at 5:01 PM, LahH001 said:

Holiday Build No 2. Having seen Rogue One, there was no excuse to put off building this any longer.  Just have to carefully apply the stickers.

IMG_7812.JPG

14 hours ago, jaisonline said:

regarding the stickers, i purchased repros so my stickersheet will stay unused.   pre-2006 sticker quality aren't as good as the current ones used.

That's all I've ever heard about this set in particular is that the stickers are extremely brittle after a time. 

Hello everyone.  I am new to the community and Lego collecting/building.  I currently only plan to focus on the Star Wars sets.  Currently I have built:  #75094 Imperial Shuttle "Tydrium", #75149 Resistance X-Wing, #75153 AT-ST Walker, #75146 2016 Advent Calendar, #75101 First Order Tie and #75156 Krennic's Shuttle.

I currently have #75136 Droid Escape, #75132 First Order Battle Pack, #75154 Tie Striker,  and #75150 Vader's Tie/A-Wing to build next.

• Like 1

Built 10244 fairground mixer assisted (and hindered) by my 4 and 2 year olds. The older ladies having great fun with the dunk tank. I've set it up beside my 10247 Ferris wheel and used an IR sensor with variable speed remote to control the motors. Hours of fun for the boys!

• Like 4

My wife got me four of those NFL non-Lego sets for Christmas, all the Carolina Panthers ones. I finally built the first, Cam Newton, yesterday. Wow, what a horrible set build-wise. The pieces are miniscule and the instructions are horrible. I had to put my phone in camera with full zoom to be able to tell what pieces went where. The final product is decent looking, has an 8-bit vibe. There is a smaller set and two larger sets left, I'm going to have to borrow a magnifying glass to do them. I told my wife I appreciated the thought, but please don't buy me any more. 

• Like 1

On 1/8/2017 at 10:41 PM, jaisonline said:

Was there a particular source you bought your stickers from? Or did you just find some off Ebay? 

10181 is an awesome build. I built 2 of these in reverse order since my desk space was limited at the time. 

It's amazing how the arches are design and come together. Putting 3-4 stud elements on top of one another with only clutching 1 stud each time was interesting.

10 minutes ago, Lordoflego said:

Just finished 1st out of 3 instruction booklets for 10181, its beginning to look nice :) 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jaisonline said:

10181 is an awesome build. I built 2 of these in reverse order since my desk space was limited at the time. 

It's amazing how the arches are design and come together. Putting 3-4 stud elements on top of one another with only clutching 1 stud each time was interesting.

This thing is huge, sits on 4 baseplates at almost 4 feet tall.

and yeah, felt pretty fragile during building it, but then you add couple pieces and the whole thing feels solid p...so far. At this point it's little over 8" only.

Past several weeks since the Holidays - three sets that have nothing in common! I built the AT-ST after seeing Rogue One right before Christmas. As someone who is new to LEGO Star Wars collecting, this was a must have as soon as I saw it was being released. Great set! Brings back lots of happy memories of playing with my Kenner AT-ST from the 90s. The only thing I'm more excited for is the soon to be released Y-Wing! 

I received the Temple of Airjitsu for Christmas (a technicality, I bought it myself for my folks to give me) - a fantastic looking set that displays really nicely. I don't have much use for the mini figures, but I suppose the citizens of Ninjago will one day make it into my LEGO city, and I have some ideas for MOC'ing the Temple and the Ninjas with my Dragon Knights from the 90s. I'm frankly surprised that this set was released - a theme that doesn't really appeal to AFOLs but not a ton of playability for kids - as a kid I needed something to attack and defend, and this...well...its a Temple, not a Castle. Still, no complaints, its awesome! 

Finally, I just finished the simple but very nice Lakeside Lodge. It will look nice beside the Mountain Hut. I like the simple creativity of some of these Creator sets. My wife and I are hoping to own some mountain property one day; in the meantime, we'll live vicariously through LEGO! 

As always, thanks to this community for helping me get these sets for good prices. I bought ToA over the summer when B&N had its 30% sale that unintentionally allowed you to buy books AND LEGO with the discount, and the other two sets were absurdly cheap thanks to Kmart / SYW nonsense. Up next, the U-Wing - bought through JET.com during their sale in November, another great BP tip!

IMG_4099.JPG

• Like 8