What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

You refer to Fire Station Set 6382? I had this one as well, played a LOT with it...really great set. I want to build it soon....but first wash the bricks.

Never had the police station 6384 so bought it last year. Still need to check for completeness.

@Val-E it might be set 374 you refer to!

Edited by Brenner

Lots of great building going on at my house over the weekend since the weather was rainy.  We finished up several sets that we had been working on.   My son finished the Battle Droid Troop Carrier 75086 on Friday, which was one that he had received for Christmas.

Battle Droid Troop Carrier 75086 2.JPG

He also built his first ever City set, Van and Caravan 60117, which he also got for Christmas.  My guess is he will stick with Star Wars in the future:)

Van and Caravan 60117.JPG

Edited by uaford
  • Like 4

Star Wars set 8038 Battle of Endor. This is a great set, I like the building process a lot. The colors of the bricks are fascinating, it gives the set a great look. A must-have for Original Trilogy fans. In the future I would like to set it up for display with 75094 IST and Ewok Village.

The folding of the building is not very solid and the walking mechanism of the vehicle is a bit odd. But these are my only negative comments.

2hs6ut0.jpg

k9gf3a.jpg

24ouiww.jpg

22nus9.jpg

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Brenner said:

Star Wars set 8038 Battle of Endor. This is a great set, I like the building process a lot. The colors of the bricks are fascinating, it gives the set a great look. A must-have for Original Trilogy fans. In the future I would like to set it up for display with 75094 IST and Ewok Village.

The folding of the building is not very solid and the walking mechanism of the vehicle is a bit odd. But these are my only negative comments.

2hs6ut0.jpg

You might want to fix the wings on your glider :) Nice set though, and very iconic scene.

• Like 1

I was wondering the other day if you will be able to doble the size of this retro limo using the parts from other set, with maybe some extra pieces. incl of extra two fenders on rear part of the car to match the front.
Stellar build for reasonable price tag I'd say.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, uaford said:
My daughter finished up the UCS Red 5 X-Wing 10240 yesterday with a little help from me.  It is her favorite set and she was super excited to finally get to build one.  The kids got their first Lego set for Christmas in 2015, and this was our 50th set to build as a family.  What a great family hobby!  (And so far it has been a hobby that has paid for itself through sales of extra sets that we have bought...which is tough to beat.)

Looks great!!

How old is your daughter? Mine is building Tower Bridge now with my wife helping her locate some of the pieces. Great family time instead of my wife being in front of my laptop and my wife on her iPad!!

• Like 1

[mention=5626]Alpinemaps[/mention] ... it has begun?  Hmmm... No idea... my first guess was 10221 SSD, but... looked up the instructions and those don't appear in the first steps that I see... soo.....?

10030 ISD. My greatest CL find ever. $100 and missing less than 100 parts. The previous owner must have missed on section in their disassembly. The parts missing were onesies twosies as if it were from a section.

225 pages of instruction. I'm on page 16.
  • Like 4

18 hours ago, ichiroll said:

Looks great!!

How old is your daughter? Mine is building Tower Bridge now with my wife helping her locate some of the pieces. Great family time instead of my wife being in front of my laptop and my wife on her iPad!!

She is 8.  She loves doing the big Friends sets, but she has always wanted to build the Red 5 X-Wing, Ewok Village, and the UCS Falcon because Star Wars is her favorite theme overall...so out of that list I made the Red 5 happen. Ha.

• Like 2

Finished up the At-At 75054 set last night with the kids.  We picked it up on CL for $80 and brick linked the 6 or 7 pieces that were missing.  The finished product is great, but we are definitely going to sell this one and keep the Motorized 10178 version that we picked up at a yard sale and built last year.  Seems like Lego isn't planning on releasing another At-At in the next SW wave, so hopefully it will sell well.

For comparison, the new version is a little taller than the motorized one, but not quite as substantial in the body (as you would expect since the 10178 has to house the motor).  I like the look of the older one better, but they are both great.  I wish Lego would release more motorized sets in the SW theme.

At-At 75054 3.JPG

At-At Comparison 2.JPG

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, uaford said:

For comparison, the new version is a little taller than the motorized one, but not quite as substantial in the body (as you would expect since the 10178 has to house the motor).  I like the look of the older one better, but they are both great.  I wish Lego would release more motorized sets in the SW theme.

IMO the 10178 is awesome to watch but it is far to inaccurate.  IMO the latest model is the most accurate to date.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

Update on building 10030...

So it was going well. Then I get to step 19:

Crud. That's a lot of parts to gather for one step. Grebbling. Lots and lots of greenling.

16x! Ouch!

So I attach it all and flip the book over (it's a large instruction book) and notice something...

2x?!?

Yes. Go back to step one and do everything again. Oh my aching fingers.

Here's the greenling:

Here's what it looked like this afternoon, after attaching the two halves:

Here's what it looks like tonight, having gotten another 10 steps into it:

I found the repetition of other sets like Tower Bridge far worse than this, however, I remember this happening to me.  Getting all 16 done and being happy that annoyance was over, only to be let down because I had to do it again.  I think after that particular step, I started looking a few pages ahead in every build I did after so it didn't happen again.

Edited by lego rules
  • Like 4

On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 2:39 AM, Alpinemaps said:

Update on building 10030...

So it was going well. Then I get to step 19:

Crud. That's a lot of parts to gather for one step. Grebbling. Lots and lots of greenling.

16x! Ouch!

So I attach it all and flip the book over (it's a large instruction book) and notice something...

2x?!?

Yes. Go back to step one and do everything again. Oh my aching fingers.

Here's the greenling:

Here's what it looked like this afternoon, after attaching the two halves:

Here's what it looks like tonight, having gotten another 10 steps into it:

Looks Amazing!  Man, I want that set.  Definitely in my top 3 want-to-find sets.  I started the UCS R2-D2 last night that I was able to pick up recently, which has been fun so far.  Can't wait to see the ISD when you finish it!

• Like 1