What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

My son was sick today (though not too badly) so in between work calls we built the Imperial Assault Hovertank 75152 together.  He has a few Lego sets that he got as presents that he has been waiting to build with no sisterly help, so today was a perfect day for it in his mind.  Not a great set from my point of view, but nice playability for him and decent minifigs.

Imperial Assault Hovertank 75152.JPG

Imperial Assault Hovertank Chirrut mini.JPG

Imperial Assault Hovertank clos.JPG

• Like 6

On 18.03.2017 at 9:55 PM, Zelgazra said:

I don't think the Jack Sparrow is misprinted guys. Look at him more closely.... he's got white arms, which implies a white shirt. He's got his pirate garb vest on over top of that white shirt. I'm inclined to think the misprint is on the box, not the minifigure. Just an opinion, but I think it makes sense. 

yes it's actually a factory flaw,. here is the reference picture to give you better idea.

2017-03-26.png

On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 2:34 PM, uaford said:

Some important work getting done by my daughter today in the conference room at my office...Making headway on the Republic Gunship 75021 that she is working on.  Cool ship and minifigs!

Did you get a really good deal on it from BP classifieds?

11 hours ago, Loghamel said:

Did you get a really good deal on it from BP classifieds?

Ha!  No, I actually got it on Ebay for $110 used/complete and separated into bags plus 10% eBay bucks.  I saw your post about selling one on BC with a stale price listed, and I had bought this one off of eBay the day before.  I typically stalk cheap sets on eBay using alerts and stick with used/complete for sets that we are going to build to sidestep the retired/NIB premium.

She has finished 8 out of the 9 bags now, and she has been very impressed with the set.  Also seems like it has a lot of swooshability as my son has already commandeered the unfinished set to play with (much to my daughter's chagrin).

Ha!  No, I actually got it on Ebay for $110 used/complete and separated into bags plus 10% eBay bucks.  I saw your post about selling one on BC with a stale price listed, and I had bought this one off of eBay the day before.  I typically stalk cheap sets on eBay using alerts and stick with used/complete for sets that we are going to build to sidestep the retired/NIB premium.
She has finished 8 out of the 9 bags now, and she has been very impressed with the set.  Also seems like it has a lot of swooshability as my son has already commandeered the unfinished set to play with (much to my daughter's chagrin).

I didn't n't think it looks as nice as 7676, but it's definitely more durable for play. I've rebuilt 7676 many times, but our 75021 has held together very well, by comparison.

1 hour ago, LahH001 said:

Having pretty much exhausted my backlog of retired UCS sets I now need to turn to the current sets to continue building out my collection. I have to say despite the number of stickers this is a great build and looks great and I think this will do ok post retirement. Only time will tell.

I think the Slave 1 is the closest to actual minifig scale of any of the UCS sets.  Still a little small, but close.

• Like 2

I was down in Florida visiting friends. I bring all the kids Lego. My buddy's kid Lincoln was supposed to build this T-Rex Tracker I brought him but I ended up doing 99% of it while he watched and played with the figures and T-Rex. He did only turn 5 a few months ago. He's on a Jurrassic World kick lately. He was looking for Indominus Rex Breakout next. I tried to explain JW Lego was retired. 

20170325_122932_resized (1).jpg

• Like 7

10 hours ago, LahH001 said:

Having pretty much exhausted my backlog of retired UCS sets I now need to turn to the current sets to continue building out my collection. I have to say despite the number of stickers this is a great build and looks great and I think this will do ok post retirement. Only time will tell.

I think this ship/set looks great and really should build mine instead of having it sat in the box. Only thing stopping me is not wanting to move built sets when I move house but I dont think this one will wait much longer.