What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

22 hours ago, eliminator said:
Tonight I sliced open 75052 Mos Eisley Cantina. Pretty cool set and surprised by its dismal investment performance thus far...

What's not to love? Iconic scene setting, 8 minifigs, landspeeder, dewback, and vaporator. I think it's a great set and will go nicely with other Tatooine related sets.

I have to agree, I just can't understand why this set is a dud, it can be purchased for as little as £10 above RRP!! It's Original Trilogy, includes a speeder, very rare minifigs all in one set!!! I had about 6 and ended splitting them all up, the dewback, sandtrooper, bith band and greedo make about £75 alone, a few of the other figs for about £6 each then the set I sold for £40.

Apologies for slight thread derail.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Baragon said:
In January I picked up 6399: Airport Shuttle at an online estate sale. It was mostly complete minus baseplates (ouch!). I finally got it built tonight. It is a huge set and I can't imagine having room to permanently display it. Here are a few pictures. I need to order one more piece, clean it up, and get it sold!

Here is a video of the train in motion: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8NDKxiGRhy1UlRGWW9qSnpOeVE

With everything still working, you made an awesome score (assuming you got a good deal). When selling, keep in mind that the real interest for this set is not on EBay or Amazon, but on Bricklink. BL average sale price for a used 6399 is $500+; EBay would get you $300-500 before fees.

• Like 3

With everything still working, you made an awesome score (assuming you got a good deal). When selling, keep in mind that the real interest for this set is not on EBay or Amazon, but on Bricklink. BL average sale price for a used 6399 is $500+; EBay would get you $300-500 before fees.

Thanks for the tip! It was a local estate sale with online bidding, so the competition wasn't too bad. Unfortunately that meant I couldn't tell the baseplates and a little track were missing. It is my first attempt at buying a used set to flip. With all the missing pieces I hard to order I'm all in for about $300.
  • Like 1

No pic today, but tomorrow.  I started building my first AT-AT (75054) last night.  This is the used one I got where they opened the first 5 bags and everything seems to be there so far.  Got the first two bags (most I've done with that many technics so far) completed.

To date, I've really only build Star Wars vehicles (2013 and newer with bulk being from 2015+), Batman Movie sets, a few Monster Fighters and a handful of other randoms since picking this up in December.

Got through the first set of bags last night, took about an hour. Also got the town laid out to make room for the carnival. A few buildings will go into storage until I get a larger space but I should have room for all three of the carnival sets & a nice park setting. 

Carousel should be open for business Memorial day :) 

003.JPG

• Like 9

On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 9:09 AM, TheGallows said:

Until I put up some suitable shelving the only place I can display this is in my office. Anyway I've finished the fleet.

"Send the fleet to the far side of Endor.... there it will stay until called for"20170523_135027.jpg

You gonna use a tin-opener to get those Wall-e's out?

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, odysea11 said:

My youngest just built the 42052 Technic Heavy Lift Helicopter. Damn that thing is big! Interesting build with a lot of stickers! Now to find a place to display this monstrosity!

So did my son. Completed it a few hours ago. Nice machine, totally worth the money. The way the two turntables work to create the counterrotating blades is ingenious.

• Like 2

On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 0:46 PM, marcandre said:

Through bag three. Love the build so far. Much closer to a technic set than a modular building. The rotation is smooth and ties in with the animal movement nicely. It's an excellent design. 

Ticket presale is open, line is down the block :derisive:

careful!  i see tabby boy in the back waiting to cut in line.  i was wondering where he went:)

• Like 1

I just finished 8037 Anakin's Y-Wing. It is part of a large Star Wars lot I picked up a few months ago. This is the first build I haven't enjoyed since getting back into Lego. It was repetitive and I'm fairly confident that the engines will fall off if I look at it the wrong way!

940ade9104a22b26b7f215cbdb6f083b.jpg9ae92094d7eb9821a020fa1638683622.jpg

• Like 3

I just finished 8037 Anakin's Y-Wing. It is part of a large Star Wars lot I picked up a few months ago. This is the first build I haven't enjoyed since getting back into Lego. It was repetitive and I'm fairly confident that the engines will fall off if I look at it the wrong way!

My son swooshes his all the time and it's fairly sturdy.
  • Like 1