What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

Over the weekend I built the 31012 Family House and 31010 Treehouse.  It's been ages since I built a non-castle or Star Wars set, and I got to pick these two as my five-year anniversary gift.  They're really neat, and go well together.  The boy in the treehouse has a walkie-talkie, and the guy in the house has a "remote control" for an RC car...or in my case, the matching walkie-talkie.

The light brick function on the house is neat, as it shines on the lamp hanging from the ceiling.

I just finished building the new Creator Treehouse, and it was a lot of fun. It's got a winch and bucket, folding ladder, a wagon, a brick built dog, a looking glass, a stone path, and even a little hiding spot for a treasure map. This little set is packed with neat features, and the build wasn't nearly as simple as I thought it might be. And the colors! If you need a break from the black, white, and gray of star wars and lotr, I highly recommend you give this a try. It's easily the best $30 set I've built.

• Like 1

I just finished building the new Creator Treehouse, and it was a lot of fun. It's got a winch and bucket, folding ladder, a wagon, a brick built dog, a looking glass, a stone path, and even a little hiding spot for a treasure map. This little set is packed with neat features, and the build wasn't nearly as simple as I thought it might be. And the colors! If you need a break from the black, white, and gray of star wars and lotr, I highly recommend you give this a try. It's easily the best $30 set I've built.

A lot of people were hating on it, but I thought it looked really good!

• Like 1

Problem with buying a ton of used lego is that you can't really build much until you've gone through the whole thing. In this case, the original owners somehow distributed every set evenly across the 14 bags, at least it seems that way...

The kids have been bugging me non-stop to build the stuff they see in the manuals, but I can't. Tonight I ended up putting together the base of the cargo train engine, put a track around the table, and slapped the motor on top. It looks terrible, but they had a blast.

• Like 1

Problem with buying a ton of used lego is that you can't really build much until you've gone through the whole thing. In this case, the original owners somehow distributed every set evenly across the 14 bags, at least it seems that way...

The kids have been bugging me non-stop to build the stuff they see in the manuals, but I can't. Tonight I ended up putting together the base of the cargo train engine, put a track around the table, and slapped the motor on top. It looks terrible, but they had a blast.

I'm in the same situation, currently sorting through 60 pounds while my kids watch. The good thing about buying collections is there are always knockoff and miscellaneous toys mixed in with the Lego, and I use them to keep my kids entertained.

• Like 1

I built 10237 Tower of Orthanc over the last two days while watching the classic TNMT cartoons. It's a great build and a very sturdy set. I place it #2 in my collection right below 10228 Haunted House due to the back not being fully enclosed (whereas the Haunted House fully encloses and can snap open). I will upload a fuzzy picture showing Orthanc with my 79007 Battle at the Black Gates (yes, I got two of them) and 9476 Orc Forge sets.

I just started building the B-Wing. At this stage I can't help but think how over overpriced this set is. I feel sorry for any Australian who paid the $350 RRP here that is for sure.

I had the same concerns as I was building it, but once the B-Wing is completed it's a surprisingly solid and impressive set.

I (finally) finished the 7672 MTT, which took a looong time because it was mixed into a lot. I discovered I was missing 3 pieces, 2 of which were only available in this set (of course), so I'll have Bricklink those.

If you haven't built 7672 and you have the chance, I highly recommend it. The MTT is a UCS set disguised as a toy, with all the detail and action of both.

If you haven't built 7672 and you have the chance, I highly recommend it. The MTT is a UCS set disguised as a toy, with all the detail and action of both.

I've always wanted to build that set and haven't yet.  That and the Sandcrawler are top of my "want list"

Finally finished up a Haunted House! It took me 4 days (about 2-3 hours a day). I honestly believe this was one of the most fun builds I have done in a long time. The only other set I have built so far which is comparable in size is R2-D2, and I hated the repetition of R2. This one was fun, relaxing, and very different from other sets. 

Built Catwoman Catcycle City Chase 6858 last night with my son.  Well, he waited impatiently while I slapped it together.  Hopefully we'll start the Batcave tonight if it rains.  Otherwise, I'll be playing softball tonight and we'll maybe tackle it this weekend.

Working through a bulk lot, I put together the Burrow and Quidditch Match.  Still have Hogwart's Express and Hagrid's Hut pieces begging me to get to them...hopefully next weekend.  Enjoyed the Burrow build, but Quidditch was pretty blah.  Only ended up missing the Pig.

Built the Batcave (6860) with my son tonight.  Or may I say, I took the minifigures out, built the vehicles, and proceeded to build the rest of the Batcave as he played.  I made him go to bed before it was finished, so he got in trouble for whining, not listening, and not staying in bed, which is pretty much a typical night.  Weird, this box actually had 2 bag # 2's in it, so I have an extra Poison Ivy, Holding Cell, and another entire girder section.  So, it looks like I might be customizing a third leg of the Batcave this week too.

• Like 1

Built the Batcave (6860) with my son tonight.  Or may I say, I took the minifigures out, built the vehicles, and proceeded to build the rest of the Batcave as he played.  I made him go to bed before it was finished, so he got in trouble for whining, not listening, and not staying in bed, which is pretty much a typical night.  Weird, this box actually had 2 bag # 2's in it, so I have an extra Poison Ivy, Holding Cell, and another entire girder section.  So, it looks like I might be customizing a third leg of the Batcave this week too.

Wow two number two bags! Lucky.

I just finished 7675 AT-TE walker, which was part of a Craigslist lot. Missing one 2x3 slope for the feet, and the baby Hutt's arms (!). It was an okay build, kind of simple and a bit repetitive, but the model is impressive once complete. Anyway it's going straight to ebay next weekend, hopefully I can get at least $90 for it.

Started building 10218 Pet Shop. It's my first Creator set build, and by far the most pieces. Houses are my favorite, and the brownstone in this set makes me nostalgic, because I used to live in one in NYC...when I was young(er)...

I'm still working on the 1st floor, and I am loving all the details, such as the rotary phone and the tell-tale bay windows. My daughter wanted to help me with this one, but I think I need to find one for her with wayyyy less pieces.