75054 - AT-AT

Kenxxx

I listed the only one set I had which I got during Black Friday for $60. I wish I could have grabbed another few. I figured the price point now is more than enough for a good profit versus waiting 8 to 12 months for a rise of another $100 if it even happens. Likely will but a surprise re-release isn't completely off the table either. However, if I don't get a bite then I might a hold for 2017 holidays.

8 hours ago, fossilrock said:

Right now they are still cycling through the 2012 and 2013 sets.  Last year was droid escape (last done in 2012), and homing spider droid (2013)..  This year it's desert skiff (2012), landspeeder (2014), y-wing (2012) and a-wing (2013).  I'd say early into the holiday selling season (late october-early november) would be when i'd sell my last at-ats to get peak pricing, because i'd suspect if they do make another at-at it will be in the summer wave of 2018.  This year, that wave seems set, and the at-at isn't rumored to be in it.

Give it one more year and the Republic Gunship, Jabba's Sail Barge, ISD, and AT-AT are going to start back into the recycle cue.

On the other hand ...

4483: AT-AT .................................... 2003

10178: Motorised Walking AT-AT .... 2007

8129: AT-AT Walker ........................ 2010

75054: AT-AT .................................. 2014

The pattern there shows: 4 years - 3 years - 4 years ....

The next rehash according to that pattern would be in 2017. But as long as there's no rumour whatsoever about a new AT-AT we're safe. :) 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Haay said:

On the other hand ...

The next rehash according to that pattern would be in 2017. But as long as there's no rumour whatsoever about a new AT-AT we're safe. :) 

Safe yes. But all depends how many you have. If you have less than 5 you can sit back, relax and enjoy the show. If you have more than 5 I would start moving some.

I sold AT-AT this morning amazon FBM for $337.  down to my last 5 now - pacing myself 1 per month for the next 5 months.   i will be out by June.  there should be a new 1000 piece at-at released or on the horizon by this time next year, maybe sooner.

Edited by cladner
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Haay said:

On the other hand ...

By the time you hear the rumor, everyone else will have too.  Ever try to sell a stock the day after a bad earnings report?  Lego sets, like stocks, move on rumors.  A leaked pic of a 75054 refresh (or UCS AT-AT, or a belated AT-ACT) on eurobricks will double the number of eBay sellers overnight and drop the price by 30% or so within a matter of weeks.

In the meantime, if I were still holding any copies of 75054, this is what would concern me the most.  Those of you who are still holding or trying to sell 75054 should bury this guy in Listing practices > Search and browse manipulation > Misuse of brand name reports on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-100-Custom-Lego-Star-Wars-AT-AT-Transportation-Armored-Robot-75054-1157pcs-/222367757472?hash=item33c626b4a0:g:~jUAAOSwImRYbWpY

12 hours ago, Haay said:

On the other hand ...

That was mostly the release pattern when SW films weren't being made (excluding ROTS in. '05),  plus we have an AT-AT variation in the popular Rogue One film.

I speculate we will be getting an AT-AT or AT-ACT later this yr or next.  Lego has been acting more and more like 1980s-1990s Hasbro / Kenner.  Putting out more and more non-exclusive retail stuff at a decent pace in-between product e2e cycles. Plus wasn't there a huge AT-AT ideas project that had 10k votes (along with that huge Sandcrawler)? If so, Lego knows some fans want a big At-At.

I also think a UCS AT-AT is in the works at the $300 price point as it's the last "major" vehicle w/o that treatment.  Pure speculation here.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, mudcatsfan said:

Sudden-Clarity-Clarence.jpg

I've actually thought about that.  There are 5 sets currently with "?" for Ep8 via brickset....  Could one of them be some cooked up new aged AT-AT?  I doubt it... just because of the current rumors in the script.  So, I don't think there is going to be one this year.  The First Order was mostly destroyed in Ep7.  At this point, it seems the only army they have left is Snoke, Kylo (who somehow miraculously escaped the planet by miracle), Hux, Phasma (during that time period at the end in which 2 minutes extended into half a day, she managed to escape the trash compactor), Knights of Ren, and a handful of scruffy FO scum that might not have been on Starkilller base.  At this point, the FO is mostly a scruffy ragtag group of guerilla fighters..

http://brickset.com/sets/theme-Star-Wars/year-2017/page-2

Edited by fossilrock
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

I've actually thought about that.  There are 5 sets currently with "?" for Ep8 via brickset....  Could one of them be some cooked up new aged AT-AT?  I doubt it... just because of the current rumors in the script.  So, I don't think there is going to be one this year.  The First Order was mostly destroyed in Ep7.  At this point, it seems the only army they have left is Snoke, Kylo (who somehow miraculously escaped the planet by miracle), Hux, Phasma (during that time period at the end in which 2 minutes extended into half a day, she managed to escape the trash compactor), Knights of Ren, and a handful of scruffy FO scum that might not have been on Starkilller base.  At this point, the FO is mostly a scruffy ragtag group of guerilla fighters..

http://brickset.com/sets/theme-Star-Wars/year-2017/page-2

Come to think of it, there WERE AT-ATs in Ep 7 during the General Hux Naz! speech. They looked very little like our beloved OT AT-AT, (not remotely as close as the AT-ACT) so it's probably not a valid concern.

atats.jpeg

15 hours ago, mudcatsfan said:

Come to think of it, there WERE AT-ATs in Ep 7 during the General Hux Naz! speech. They looked very little like our beloved OT AT-AT, (not remotely as close as the AT-ACT) so it's probably not a valid concern.

atats.jpeg

These are known as HAT-AT's.  The "H" of course stands for "Headless".

• 2 weeks later...

FBA price is coming down to FBM price which has actually held steady but just post xmas FBM seller numbers are coming back with post holiday gate with seller volume creeping back up a little.  at this price point even some of the mindless PRIME members will do the extra thumb swipe to save $30.  until the lower priced FBM's sell out or raise price, FBA price will approach FBM parity.  hold tight for the snap back. same goes for 75055.

Just now, cladner said:

FBA price is coming down to FBM price which has actually held steady but just post xmas FBM seller numbers are coming back with post holiday gate with seller volume creeping back up a little.  at this price point even some of the mindless PRIME members will do the extra thumb swipe to save $30.  until the lower priced FBM's sell out or raise price, FBA price will approach FBM parity.  hold tight for the snap back. same goes for 75055.

I fear the carrot . lol 

• Like 2

it will be a few months before $400.  at least the overall price is not decreasing - its holding steady.  my take is smaller time FBM sellers are returning to the fray post holiday gating and eager to sell at the going FBM price which has increased substantially since prior to holiday gating but is still $20-25 less than what had been a going FBA rate.    FBA sellers are seeing their sales stagnate and fees increase and drop price to match FBM to make some cash flow.  at least that's my theory.  i sold my 'one' for the month earlier for $338. we'll see what February brings. 

I think it will be at least a year before 400. I think this set will sit around 320 to 340.00 for a while now that we are past the holiday selling season..  One thing going for it is that more than half the holders have exited since the holiday selling season.  But after january 1st, amazon's sales usually tank.  It's rare for sets to continue rising at this point.. If this set was going to hit 400, it had to do it in the first few weeks of december.  I think it peaked at 339.99 FBM and has slowly dipped a slight bit since.  FBM is always the true marker.

Seacow part 2. This set is blocked at 200 in Europe so if you can get 300 or so then that sounds like a decent return. With the Laypin version out and real  chance of a remake, I´d sell this year. ISD has been much more popular but I doubt it will reach 300 here so I sold while the going was good.

19 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Seacow part 2. This set is blocked at 200 in Europe so if you can get 300 or so then that sounds like a decent return. With the Laypin version out and real  chance of a remake, I´d sell this year. ISD has been much more popular but I doubt it will reach 300 here so I sold while the going was good.

was looking ok this week with one going at £230 and not many new listings, but with the new ebay offer mentioned on another thread a few have popped up below £200 today.