75054 - AT-AT

Kenxxx

1 hour ago, GhostDad said:

Not sure how selling at 3 x MSRP on Amazon one year post-EOL makes one an "idiot".  This set will be remade; it's only a question of timing.  The slightest hint of a rerelease will drive a huge amount of hidden inventory onto the market and make folks selling today look like geniuses.

A set that is selling just fine at 350 doesn't need to go down to 319 . In my book it does make one an idiot ( no quotation needed ) 

• Like 1

holiday gate has come down and seller count has swollen back up to 51 when it was down to 31 at one point when the price was spiking there.  the earlier lowballer is out of the way now and prices have popped back into the mid 330s.  need to get it down to like 20-25 sellers to have a shot at $400.

11 minutes ago, cladner said:

holiday gate has come down and seller count has swollen back up to 51 when it was down to 31 at one point when the price was spiking there.  the earlier lowballer is out of the way now and prices have popped back into the mid 330s.  need to get it down to like 20-25 sellers to have a shot at $400.

I think at the current price only a small handful per week are moving.  The higher it goes, the longer the wait for it to sell.  I think we are hitting the "peak zone"...

29 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Plus Star Wars fever dies down now until May. This is probably the last good selling window with more clones and rumours of remakes coming week by week.

True....as proven since the Force Awakens came out... The best window to sell Star Wars is from Force Friday to about 2 weeks after Christmas once the movies hit.  Prices seem to spike around that period for many sets.  After that point... it's best to just hold your guns until the next time, but there are factors.  If a rehash hits then prices can take a downward spike during that time period.

• 5 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

I actually held 2 back for personal building with Assault on Hoth, but it's hard to pass up the profit.

I did the same thing built 1 and never got around to the other 2. Sold all the rest in anticipation of remake due to leaked pic from AoH Instructions. still think it would look great to have 3 on display but if it is hitting $1K by Xmas I will sell. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, jaisonline said:

For the life of me, I don't understand why...

1) 75054's appreciation. 

2) 75054 was removed from retail with AoH just about to hit stores.

2 explains 1 for some of the EOL growth. No matter how much we hate on AoH SW fans are buying it and need AT-AT to populate their displays. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

I did the same thing built 1 and never got around to the other 2. Sold all the rest in anticipation of remake due to leaked pic from AoH Instructions. still think it would look great to have 3 on display but if it is hitting $1K by Xmas I will sell. 

I feel like the growth is somewhat capped by the ease of Bricklinking this set, especially being non-UCS meaning no nameplate, etc.

9 hours ago, iahawks550 said:

Oh to go back in time a short while ago.....

Cause that's what you would do if you had mastered time travel, you would go back in time and buy more At-At's. Not play the winning lotto tickets or get rid of a young Hitler, but buy more Lego.

At least you've got your priorities right.

• Like 3