BRICK CLASSIFIEDS ***IMPORT FROM EBAY***

Jeff Mack

Hopefully this feature will encourage some of you that are just on eBay to import your listings here and continue to build the marketplace.  If you are running into issues, please send me a PM and we will figure it out.  Feedback is always welcome.

There is also a sync process setup to monitor your eBay listings.  If it is sold on eBay, it will update your Brick Classifieds listings.  It can subtract quantity or make your listing in-active. 

Thank you

Wow!  That is pretty awesome.  Nice job.

If you do try it out, please let me know how you do.  I tried to test as much as possible, but it's always difficult to know if you tried everything.  Plus there may be a bunch of different listing setups out there with auctions/shipping, etc that may be different than what I tried.

update:

The eBay import option worked really well. Importing was quick and easy

Notes:

• text formatting didn't translate. (love to be able to put bullets etc. on BC listings)
  • processing time didn't fill in. (all my ebay listings are 1 day processing)
  • Froo Cross Sell App text came in at end of listing description (minor issue/isolated)

All I saw for the two (test) listings I imported.

Different point:

Under the Products list display there is a column field for "Status"

Green is Publish and Red is Unpublish.

When I first saw this I had it backwards thinking that the red "Unpublish" meant to take the listing down. (just an fyi)

perhaps change green button to "Published" and red to "Unpublished"?

If you do try it out, please let me know how you do.  I tried to test as much as possible, but it's always difficult to know if you tried everything.  Plus there may be a bunch of different listing setups out there with auctions/shipping, etc that may be different than what I tried.

I tried once and it was very smooth system.  One small improvement (which I am not sure if it is possible) is to keep the formatting of the texts being ported to the description box.   My item description was exported to 1 paragraph of text, without any line breaks or formatting.  This is more of a "nice to have" and not that big of a deal since I can always redo the formatting on Classified

I tested import on two items, and it seemed to work okay.  The "publish" and "unpublish" tags had me confused for a bit.  I know real estate is tight, but can you add "ed" to the end of each? or "active" and "inactive" might be shorter.

Also, am I blind, or is there no link to your own store from the dashboard?

update:

The eBay import option worked really well. Importing was quick and easy

Notes:

• text formatting didn't translate. (love to be able to put bullets etc. on BC listings)
  • processing time didn't fill in. (all my ebay listings are 1 day processing)
  • Froo Cross Sell App text came in at end of listing description (minor issue/isolated)

Jeff,

If you have quantity one of an item and you have it synchronizing, what is the ballpark sync time to be unavailable on BC or adjust quantity down?

Also if you sell on BC will it end the listing or adjust quantity down on ebay?

I've never auto managed two sites before sounds awesome.  thanks!

I tried once and it was very smooth system.  One small improvement (which I am not sure if it is possible) is to keep the formatting of the texts being ported to the description box.   My item description was exported to 1 paragraph of text, without any line breaks or formatting.  This is more of a "nice to have" and not that big of a deal since I can always redo the formatting on Classified

I knew the formatting would be questionable.  In a few of my test I tried some stuff, but it was not heavy text at all and it did ok.  I will try to see some of your imported non active listings to see what they look like and try to fix somethings.  This was definitely something I was waiting to get some new listings to look at and address.  I will try to get some fixes in by tomorrow to make it better if possible. I am not sure what is in store yet.  A little scared :)

Right now the sync is set for every 15 minutes.  This will be my baseline to see how the system reacts to that.  I will be watching to see if its working or needs to be adjusted.  The goal is to have it going in both directions.  Code is there for that already, it's just a matter of seeing it in action and being to log it and see if it's working.  I know the eBay to Brick Classifieds was solid, its just the other way hasn't really been tested.

This is a very cool feature - it will definitely be very helpful (I am shocked that ebay would be ok with it).

Well I just found this ebay link on facebook all to do with Brickpicker, so I suppose it's a 2 way relationship to a point.

Brickpickers info for the article brings traffic to ebay and vice versa...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/gds/Lego-How-to-Make-your-Fortune-/10000000204641069/***.html

I just imported my ebay listings to try - they're still inactive at the moment - I didn't publish them, as it didn't bring the photos across and although I set a 5% discount it seems to have lowered the prices by about 37%

As an eg of a few of my high price and leave them ebay items - exosuit on ebay for

So, first of all fantastic feature.  I'm trying to wrap my head around this though, does this keep pulling from ebay after the initial transfer?  Because I imported all of my listings and chose the 10% cheaper than ebay option.  But that of course gives oddball amounts like 31.47.  So I changed it to 29.95 and added a shipping fee.  I then erased the text in my description about free shipping but looking again today I see that it is back to the 31.47 price and the text reappeared about free shipping (but I am still showing that I charge the shipping fee).

So I guess what I am asking for is an option to "lock it" once you edit it in brick classifieds to stay how you edit it instead of going back and pulling from ebay  with the 15-minute refresh?

Hope that makes some sense.

Ok so quick update.

1. Fixed grabbing the wrong quantity on import, that you should see as being corrected now

2. Fixed some of the display issues which you could have seen by looking at DadsAFOL super fancy listings.  Nice job there :) But it looks like he updated them to be for Brick Classifieds.  I was impressed at how much it did retain the formatting though.

3. It will not update your pricing, description any longer on the sync.  Dumb mistake there by me.

4. Found the issues with currency, hope to have a fix in there shortly, I will let you know when its good to try again.

Site has been very active today.  Lots of new sets imported, added, ready to be made live.  Lots of new eyes on the site today and with that, have seen quite a few sales, so keep up the great work.  I appreciate everyone's patience with this.  More updates and features to follow soon.

Also, one thing that has been nice to see is when buyers are buying from multiple vendors with one purchase.  That is something I really wanted to see happening.  I know there are a few outstanding issues with Paypal, and they will be addressed.  Sadly it is super slow dealing with them on this. I submit a response, I don't see anything for at least 12 hours and it's usually just another question, that I send a response, another 12 hours, repeat....