Brickfolio and Price Guide FAQs (Site Update)

Jeff is working on it along with many other things.  I think some folks need to remember, our owners & mods have lives outside of brickpicker. we have spouses, kids , regular jobs,  houses, etc...    this is also a free web site, so jeff and ed don't have hired workers "standing ready to go" to work on items when they can't.

That's why folks should use the brickfolio export feature often.  The good news is that no data is lost.  It's all there. Just give Jeff as much time as he needs.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

• 7 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Do you think you could maybe use acronyms for some of the longer names in the badges? Like POTC instead of seeing "Pirates Of T", or LOTR instead of "Lord Of T"? I admit, my OCD is kicking in :) I dislike unfinished sent......

Submitted, and I copied and pasted the code into my profile signature. Only the link to LEGO Price guide is showing, so I wonder if that means I need to give it 15 mins before my badge & data is shown? (site mentions data will be updated every 15 mins) Other than that, I don't know what I'm doing wrong. edit: hmpf, no matter which one of 3 formats I choose, it's just coming out as link in signature, no image

I am not sure I did that correctly, I think I only uploaded a static copy of my Brickfolio image into my signature, LOL. If my signature image is in fact static (doesn't update when I update Brickfolio), I'll just figure it some other day :) None of the codes in the 3 formats provided by the "Promote BrickPicker.com" page works in the signature when I pasted the code in full into the textbox and saved. Not sure why.

Everyone, just like cflannagan wrote, there is a scheduled task that runs every 15 minutes.

This is what it states on the PROMOTE BRICKPICKER page

Note: The badges will automatically update every 15 minutes if you made changes to your Brickfolio or change the settings to have it appear in your signature. So once you add, edit, delete any items from your Brickfolio, changes will be reflected in the badge within 15 minutes or will appear/disappear from your forum signature.

I do this so to limit the amount of processing to keep updating the graphics for the badge. There are always people adding/editing/deleting their brickfolio contents, so if it had to update the badge after ever insert/delete/update the server would raise the white flag and beg for mercy (probably a little exaggeration there, but you get the point)

By the way, it automatically will add your badge to the forum. No need to add any of the code to the box. As long as you check that box, on the next update it will inserted everything that is need to show it in the forum.

Everyone, just like cflannagan wrote, there is a scheduled task that runs every 15 minutes.

This is what it states on the PROMOTE BRICKPICKER page

Note: The badges will automatically update every 15 minutes if you made changes to your Brickfolio or change the settings to have it appear in your signature. So once you add, edit, delete any items from your Brickfolio, changes will be reflected in the badge within 15 minutes or will appear/disappear from your forum signature.

I do this so to limit the amount of processing to keep updating the graphics for the badge. There are always people adding/editing/deleting their brickfolio contents, so if it had to update the badge after ever insert/delete/update the server would raise the white flag and beg for mercy (probably a little exaggeration there, but you get the point)

By the way, it automatically will add your badge to the forum. No need to add any of the code to the box. As long as you check that box, on the next update it will inserted everything that is need to show it in the forum.

Hehe I read the page too fast, it's REALLY CLEAR when you scroll all the way down

Ok, upon re-reading the Brickfolio instructions page, it *does* mention that it takes 15 minutes just for the signature to show up the *FIRST* time (if I understand it correctly). I apologize for not getting this part the first 30 times when I went there. ;) I was under the impression the 15 minutes timer only had to do with displaying new Brickfolio data, not necessarily anything to do with having it show up in signature for the first time, but I clearly misunderstood. Edit: Yep, there it is.. my signature's showing up now. No code. All good now. ;) Thanks everyone

Yep, there it is.. my signature's showing up now. No code. All good now. ;) Thanks everyone

I'm sorry that you had problems trying to get things working in the first place. It is good that it is working now for you, but still is always frustating when you do things 'by the book' and nothing happens. Well here's a newbie tactic that sometimes helps. "Delete Browsing History" or use a tool that cleans up temporary internet files like CCleaner.

I'm sorry that you had problems trying to get things working in the first place. It is good that it is working now for you, but still is always frustating when you do things 'by the book' and nothing happens. Well here's a newbie tactic that sometimes helps. "Delete Browsing History" or use a tool that cleans up temporary internet files like CCleaner.I agree. This is the best advice that a super computer genius like myself can give somebody...Clear out Browsing History and Cache every once in awhile. Really! It works. Really works. Most of the time. Really. Try it. Really.

99% when I complain to Jeff about something on the site, he tells me to do that and things miraculously work after I clear the cache. It must be all those wacky web sites I visit researching LEGO articles... ;-)

Just wondering if this type of signature is over sharing and might not be a good idea? Doesn't it equate to putting your bank account balance in your signature. no harm with a small collection but massive collections might draw too much attention.

That's really your choice to make. You're not required to display your collection data.