Brickfolio and Price Guide FAQs (Site Update)

Jeff is working on it along with many other things.  I think some folks need to remember, our owners & mods have lives outside of brickpicker. we have spouses, kids , regular jobs,  houses, etc...    this is also a free web site, so jeff and ed don't have hired workers "standing ready to go" to work on items when they can't.

That's why folks should use the brickfolio export feature often.  The good news is that no data is lost.  It's all there. Just give Jeff as much time as he needs.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

• 3 years later...
On 10/15/2016 at 8:45 AM, ED-209 said:

Hi Admin

75093 is coming up quite low (only 33 AUD) and 71014-17 German Soccer CMF full sets of 16 are coming up as zero. If you could help me that would be well appreciated. 

I mentioned a few posts ago that Brickfolio hasn't been updated in a long while. On closer inspection I can see there have been changes, they were so subtle I didn't notice (seems that Aussie CAGRs have slowed). It's quite accurate in most entries :-) 

I have corrected some of the listings in this set as well.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jeff Mack said:

Invdividual minifigures are a different story.  Its a nightmare from eBay data.  You will have to ignore for now.

Can't you crowd source the filtering of this data? Maybe a stream here where people with a certain amount of rep points can say Yay or Nay to a listing? Tinder style :) 

Could make it so each listing gets passed by at least 2 reviewers to avoid rigging the results.

Stackexchange.com works like this for their review queue.

47 minutes ago, Jeff Mack said:

This has been updated, but boy this one is a real doozy, I can't believe how many sets people combine this in with.  Even the Porche GT3 :)

All those QFLL´s who missed the sell window on the 911 and are making money on the fountain by bundling them.

19 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Can't you crowd source the filtering of this data? Maybe a stream here where people with a certain amount of rep points can say Yay or Nay to a listing? Tinder style :) 

Could make it so each listing gets passed by at least 2 reviewers to avoid rigging the results.

Stackexchange.com works like this for their review queue.

Yes I am sure we can appoint a data committee to those that are interested in helping.  I can build a query page for a set to filter through the listings on certain categories like minifgures, mixels, etc

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just a quick note and then a request. I used the Excel exporter and that is really a great tool and very well done. Great job on that!

My only request is this:

I click on the "View entire collection tab" from the "view brickfolio items" screen.

I scroll to the bottom of the page and go to page 2. On Page 2, I find an item that I mistakenly forgot to delete, and I delete that item. When the website refreshes, it takes me back to page 1. It would be nice if it kept you on the same page you were at, so you don't lose your place.

Again, a totally meaningless gripe, and maybe no one else feels the same.

Thanks for such a great tool!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone else having any trouble accessing their brickfolio today? When I click on "brickfolio" to go into it I see a screen showing features of the brickfolio as if I've never created one before. Has anyone ever had their entire brickfolio completely erased as if it never existed? I keep a detailed spreadsheet so I could create a new one, but with over 1,100 sets in my inventory I'm hoping I won't need to! 

2 minutes ago, terrymc4677 said:

Anyone else having any trouble accessing their brickfolio today? When I click on "brickfolio" to go into it I see a screen showing features of the brickfolio as if I've never created one before. Has anyone ever had their entire brickfolio completely erased as if it never existed? I keep a detailed spreadsheet so I could create a new one, but with over 1,100 sets in my inventory I'm hoping I won't need to! 

Mine is fine.

I can't login to mine either. I login and it returns me to the forum root. I click on it again and it doesn't show as if I'm signed in. Happens to me every time.

I pinged@Jeff Mack, but haven't heard back yet.

3 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

I can't login to mine either. I login and it returns me to the forum root. I click on it again and it doesn't show as if I'm signed in. Happens to me every time.

That's exactly what mine is doing as well. Sorry to hear you are having trouble, but glad to hear I'm not the only one. Hopefully there is a fix.

7 minutes ago, Jeff Mack said:

Most of the menu links should be good now.  I need to switch everything over to https, so there may have been a period where it was breaking because it was switching to http from https

6 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

Works fine now. Thank you @Jeff Mack!

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy
9 minutes ago, Sprocket77 said:

Couldn't add The Penguin Arctic Roller 70911 to the Brickfolio

That reminds me... I've had an Arctic Roll in the freezer since last year - that's lunch sorted!

Please tell me that you've not paid RRP for 70911 ;-)

Guest TabbyBoy
51 minutes ago, Sprocket77 said:

No, worse than that, I bought it from ToysRUs, I had one £20 gift card to use, so I bought it for £9.99 delivered.

Couldn't find anything else worth buying off them.

How did you manage to straighten the box, fix the tear, wipe off the bootprint and remove security tag? ;-)

16 hours ago, Sprocket77 said:

No, worse than that, I bought it from ToysRUs, I had one £20 gift card to use, so I bought it for £9.99 delivered.

Couldn't find anything else worth buying off them.

Same here ..bought 2 arctic rollers & a joker car all at rrp from TRU .... and ..... for delivery.   Had 3 x £20 online coupons to use with one hour to go....just couldnt find any decent offers in the last fortnight.  On the plus side, i didnt spend any pennies....only used the £20 online vouchers with the "instore only" £20 gift cards.

• 3 weeks later...

When was CAGR by theme data set last updated? It´s still showing Scooby in last position with a 27% loss.

Would it be possible to get a last update date on the page to know how reliable the data is or is it updated with the other prices in the same process?

5 hours ago, Ed Mack said:

Jeff should be updating the data from the last two months shortly. He mentioned the other day he would do both months at the same time and has been working hard on a site wide overhaul.

Yeah, I read that. My doubt was if the CAGR per theme is updated at the same intervals as the Brickfolio set prices or if it´s a different operation.