76013 - Batman: The Joker Steam Roller

terrymc4677

Man the shelves at my local targets do not look like that, I'm jealous.

I hear ya. These past couple years have not yielded a clearance aisle such as that from the Walmart or Target around me. I would scoop up a Dropship and that Ultra Agents set if either was ever put on sale in my area. There still is a Bike Shop & Cafe at Walmart for full retail in the clearance aisle. :mda: I never saw this set be discounted once or maybe that could still happen later in the year as some sort of surprise sale.

what coupon code is there this week?

Check the TRU.CA thread on the forums! I see you are from Canada so you should be checking that area regularly. Myself and a few others try to regularly post deals we find.

To stay on topic - I'm confused. A lot of the threads on this board are about waiting for good sales, and then when a decent sale comes there is doubt. I'm sure some areas have a glut of stock, but I'm also sure other areas are barren Lego wastelands for this set (for example, nothing in B&M around me for the last couple months).

Check the TRU.CA thread on the forums! I see you are from Canada so you should be checking that area regularly. Myself and a few others try to regularly post deals we find.

To stay on topic - I'm confused. A lot of the threads on this board are about waiting for good sales, and then when a decent sale comes there is doubt. I'm sure some areas have a glut of stock, but I'm also sure other areas are barren Lego wastelands for this set (for example, nothing in B&M around me for the last couple months).

Wal-Mart and KMart are also getting flooded with the Man-Bat and Riddler sets, so I'm not sure what that's about.

Wal-Mart and KMart are also getting flooded with the Man-Bat and Riddler sets, so I'm not sure what that's about.

Too many superhero sets available at one time. Kids have way too many cheaper choices for their parents than a $50 set (no matter how cool it is). In my opinion, the average kid doesn't care about batgirl. They prob already have joker and robin. We know they have tons of batman figs.

With the recent clearance of this set at Target and Walmart, and the varying opinions on it's potential value and seemingly over abundant supply (at Target at least), I thought it would be a good idea to have a thread to discuss.

Personally, I am a big believer in this set. It has five figs, four of which should be popular, a so-so bat-plane, and the very unique steam roller that the Joker drives. The steam roller is what caught my eye at first when this set was released. I think it fits the Joker to a tee, and I doubt we will ever see one again. This set should pair well with the funhouse and yet to be released joker land.

While I can see the perfect pairing of this nicely done steamroller with Jokerland and to an extent the Funhouse, most of the set feels the same where the real unique feature is finally getting Batgirl. Boy Robin, The Joker and his goon are limited to the set as well but they're stuck with yet another Batman from 2012. I think this may be hitting clearance for some of you because a lot of people didn't feel like paying $50 just for a quirky steamroller or the Batgirl minifigure alone (at this point in the set's lifespan anyway where way after retirement can change minds).

I think for $35 or less this is a good set but it does have that air of being yet another Batman LEGO like many under the Star Wars curse of remakes. I don't see this being remade in the future though if that is some silver lining to add. Let's just say I'm feeling half pro, half cautious on this one. Worst case it breaks even but I am hoping for better.

I have five Targets within a 45 mile radius of my house. The inventory tracker shows a total of 120 units of this set between all five stores. This is after I cleared the shelves of the two stores closest to me on Thursday. Those two stores both restocked their shelves after I left and now show 19 and 17 units. I still think this set will be great, but with so many nearby, I'm waiting for 50% to buy more. These stock levels are crazy.

Edited by terrymc4677

My target finally discounted down to $27 so I got one for my personal collection.  I liked the set and knew I'd be kicking myself if I waited for 70% off and missed out.  Only a few left on the shelves so I wasn't going to risk it.  Also, for what it's worth, that Lego Justice League DVD that came out a few weeks ago (the one with Batzarro) also included that Batman Be-Leaguered movie that featured the Joker riding the steam roller.  I know that appearance isn't enough to make the steam roller iconic, but maybe some kids that have seen that movie will want that set to recreate that scene. 

Hit a few Raleigh area targets today. 3 stores had this at 50% off, one at $37.50.

Between these and the WM stuff I'm pretty drained. Never gotten so much lego at 50% off before, good times.

Better than feeling drained from reading about everyone's clearance deals all day and finding zero of them locally

One store had 20+ yesterday.  I didn't check the inventory tracker before I left work.  When I got there, they were poofed.  Today, the inventory tracker reports more in stock (10+).  I called just now and they said they don't have any.  Any chance these are waiting in the back or somewhere else in the store (where the clerk might not have seen them?).  It just seems odd for the inventory level to go down and back up like that.  I'm tempted to make a trip but figured I would check here first to see what others have experienced.

One store had 20+ yesterday.  I didn't check the inventory tracker before I left work.  When I got there, they were poofed.  Today, the inventory tracker reports more in stock (10+).  I called just now and they said they don't have any.  Any chance these are waiting in the back or somewhere else in the store (where the clerk might not have seen them?).  It just seems odd for the inventory level to go down and back up like that.  I'm tempted to make a trip but figured I would check here first to see what others have experienced.

They could be pulled for store pick-up.

I am not from the US. But if I would see so many steamrollers on clearance (more than I can transport in my car) I would start to worry and avoid the set.

Here in my area it became very rare. So maybe you guys in the US that picked up alot of these should sell them internationally. But please wait till I have sold mine. 

• Like 2

I am not from the US. But if I would see so many steamrollers on clearance (more than I can transport in my car) I would start to worry and avoid the set.

Here in my area it became very rare. So maybe you guys in the US that picked up alot of these should sell them internationally. But please wait till I have sold mine. 

thats the thing about this set though.  It hasn't been widely available especially at a discount.  Got a few on the B&****** bogo during BF and some with the Target Cube deal, and whatever the limit was on the EE earth half off deal.  think that was 1.

other than that other than a few WM sales the set has not seen a discount and has been harder to come by.

that is what is strange about the whole situation going on.  At 50% off this set is a no brainer mainly because you can buy it such a bulk.  Not to many Batman sets come around lately at half off where you can stockpile a decent amount.  

9 months from now during the busy holiday season anyone who got at 50-70% in quantity should do nicely whether on its own or in a nice Batman sale combo.

Now if only I could get some at 50 off in this area.  

• Like 1

I found some steamrollers in the far back corner of the store today between the seasonal and food sections. They were on a shelf along the wall near the doors going to the stock room.

I have a feeling the elusive ones at my Target are hiding in a similar place. I tried combing the store best I could but they didn't show up. The lazy worker insisted they weren't in the back and refused to check even though he couldn't locate them.