76013 - Batman: The Joker Steam Roller

terrymc4677

Best case scenario is that this is retired before December and it sells for above MSRP at Christmas so easy to double your money.  Or you can hold for better long-term returns, though that may be trending down with all the new Super Hero sets every 6 months and the possibility of remaking exclusive minifigures.  I think that the Joker's Funhouse, Lex Luthor, and Batcave sets would be performing really well if they were around for the standard 2 year run instead of 3.    

i would be surprised if it stays on the market for just 12 months at retail. 20 to 24 months is more likely.

now if we begin seeing the set consistently sold-out on lego.com, amazon, and target.com then that's a diff story and maybe it is going.  i think target stores cleared them out because they overestimated demand for this set at $49.99.

Amazon and TRU could have an endless supply of these which would destroy its resale value.  It's a shame Target spoiled the party on this one because I was a huge fan of this set at 30% off.

If I can sell these for a little bit over msrp this xmas I am happy. 50% makes most sets a winner.

did anyone get to the 70%? :) .. i am thinking none will be available till then.

only downside i am seeing out of this is too many BP'ers parting out. :) new business for the part cabinet makers and et. al :D

regardless going to be a lot of stale minifigure for sometime :) lets hope all those 20-30 set horde didn't do that on their food/rent allowance. they are going to get stuck on this for a while :)

did anyone get to the 70%? :) .. i am thinking none will be available till then.

only downside i am seeing out of this is too many BP'ers parting out. :) new business for the part cabinet makers and et. al :D

regardless going to be a lot of stale minifigure for sometime :) lets hope all those 20-30 set horde didn't do that on their food/rent allowance. they are going to get stuck on this for a while :)

I checked my area earlier and there are only a handful of stores at 50% so far. I think they'll be salvaged before 70% near me.

I wanted to get 5 or so and would have at $25 but they never went below $35 in my region and I am ok with it.

I think its a good set long term but I have enough long term.

If I find one at $35 for me I may pick up but if not its ok.

I think whether you got a bunch or did not you will be fine.

At $25 this set is a great present.  Just look at how thick the box is compared to other $45-$50 sets.

As investment, I'd rather not compete with people with 75+ copies in 2-3 years :D :D :D

actually not a lot of people will have it as sets :) i am thinking that 90% of that set was scooped up by part-out-ers.

• Like 1

At $25 this set is a great present.  Just look at how thick the box is compared to other $45-$50 sets.

As investment, I'd rather not compete with people with 75+ copies in 2-3 years :D :D :D

The box is part of the reason I didnt get more than 5.  Its just so big for a $50 set.  I know its nothing compared to my ps or pc boxes but still big for the price.