76013 - Batman: The Joker Steam Roller

terrymc4677

The box is part of the reason I didnt get more than 5.  Its just so big for a $50 set.  I know its nothing compared to my ps or pc boxes but still big for the price.

I loved the box when I first bought one to build.

I hated the box when I had to find room to store my investment.

• Like 2

I love this set at 50%.

As do I.  I don't think we're seeing this heavily stocked and quickly discounted at Target because it's a poor seller.  I think it's a timing issue and stock was late getting to the stores just like the Family House black friday promo.  I remember trying to find this at several stores when the minifigure cube came out and most were out of stock at the time.  The Steamroller is awesome and the minifigures are great!  I don't expect this to take off, but it should be easy to double your money once it's retired and gets back above MSRP.

Edited by zskid00
  • Like 2

Are people buying and holding 76103 until it retires?

Ebay prices are only $40-$45, not much profits after all the fees and shipping and cost even if you get it at $25 + tax.

That's the trouble with a widely discounted set. The QFLL's don't know what to do!!!!!!

Part it out, or hold on for the long run. Flipping this one right now doesn't make any sense.

• Like 1

That's the trouble with a widely discounted set. The QFLL's don't know what to do!!!!!!

Part it out, or hold on for the long run. Flipping this one right now doesn't make any sense.

The only logical thinking I can think of is holding off until Christmas and unloading it at $50-$55....if Lego still have it in stock or more if they are OOS.

What QFLL's mean?

Edited by canonikon

The only logical thinking I can think of is holding off until Christmas and unloading it at $50-$55....if Lego still have it in stock or more if they are OOS.

What QFLL's mean?

Quick Flipping Low Life

Someone on here coined it to speak to the fact that high volume, low profit 'flipping' is generally looked down upon by society, and by the Brick Elite (only buy $150 + sets and sit on them for 3-10 years, the folks who say, "I don't bother with a transaction unless i clear $400 profit each", Selling on Craigslist is for plebeians, etc)

Edited by mudcatsfan

• 1 month later...

Still hangin' around (Kmart 5/5/15)... $39.

​Its still readily available at TRU, LEGO, Walmart and others around RRP, and its only been out a little over a year.  The Target clearance was just them trying to offload a lot of stock that they didnt want on the books.  May have been intended for Chirstmas but didnt make it to the stores on time.  This one still likely has another 6-12 months at LEGO Shop at Home and TRU. 

Still should do well in the long term, as long as it doesnt go the TRU "exclusive" route.  Its a great value even at RRP.  Throw some SYW discounts on that $39 and its still a great deal, many bought at Target at $35

Edited by TheOrcKing

​Its still readily available at TRU, LEGO, Walmart and others around RRP, and its only been out a little over a year.  The Target clearance was just them trying to offload a lot of stock that they didnt want on the books.  May have been intended for Chirstmas but didnt make it to the stores on time.  This one still likely has another 6-12 months at LEGO Shop at Home and TRU. 

Still should do well in the long term, as long as it doesnt go the TRU "exclusive" route.  Its a great value even at RRP.  Throw some SYW discounts on that $39 and its still a great deal, many bought at Target at $35

​A great value at RRP? I think you'd have to hold this one for 2-3 years in order to see just 50% growth over RRP. There are so many other better investments out there. I would still be buying them at 50% off though.

​A great value at RRP? I think you'd have to hold this one for 2-3 years in order to see just 50% growth over RRP. There are so many other better investments out there. I would still be buying them at 50% off though.

​A great value at RRP for a buyer, not necessarily an investor but it has potential.  great ppp, 4 exclusive mini-figures (2 that dont appear anywhere else atm), and batman.

Edited by jay4e

many bought at Target at $35

​Pretty sure most of these were sold to forum members at $25.  That's what I paid for 16x of this set.  The 3 price points were 30-50-70% off.  At $37.50, few bought there.  Once they hit $25, most were cleared out.  I think a few very lucky forum members found a couple of sets at the 70% off price point, $17.  

Edited by diablo2112

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...