71016 - Kwik-E-Mart

TheOrcKing

Soooooo many printed pieces. This is awesome but I am kind of surprised LEGO did that with this set. Couldn't have helped out the Maersk Container Ship. Whatever this thing looks amazing.

Did they say they were printed pieces?  Most look like they have sticker edges.

• Like 1

Anyone have a sense for whether this would fit in size-wise with the modular buildings?  Obviously it is only a first-floor building, but it looks like it might be similar enough in size to incorporate with the modulars.  Every city needs a Kwik-E-Mart, right?

I don't know if every city needs a Kwik-e-mart because their floors are sticky-mart. ;)

I do think the comic book shop will be next......and then the school.....until they decide whether or not to do Moe's......which I actually think they might whereas most say they won't go there.....we shall see but I would be surprised not to see Android's dungeon next.  Possible wild card, Flander's house to fill in evergreen terrace??? Favorite.....theme....ever....

What...the kwik-e-mart? A lot of the tiles and products look printed to me...but yes...there will be plenty of stickers.  I always get and extra sheet or 2 for my favorite sets for down the road.  Doesn't bother me....... this line is epic for simpsons fans IMO

I don't think we get Moe's Tavern.  Unless they change the name to Moe's Cookie Club or something.  It is after all cookies that they smuggle past the detective in the new Prohibition-era modular building, so it seems pretty clear where Lego draws the line regarding alcohol consumption.  Even the nuclear plant might subject Lego to some protests that the company would rather avoid.

Edited by GhostDad

I do find Lego's moral compass interesting at times.  Alcohol is taboo, unless it's in a Castle set and you can have kegs/barrels of ale.  It's not like you have to make the figures look drunk or anything, like this:

234193_025.jpg

Yes, I think FG is way better than Simpsons and I let Peter Griffin make most of my important life decisions.