BRICK CLASSIFIEDS ***SITE UPDATES***

Jeff Mack

Just wanted to announce some updates and enhancements to Brick Classifieds.

• Been working hard at fixing and enhancing a ton of SEO issues on the site to help make Google and other crawlers like us more.  Cleared up a ton of duplicate issues and other things
  • Optimized a bunch of queries to help page speed on product pages and others
  • Finally added a "View My Online Shop" link to take you directly to Front End part of your shop.

2015-03-13_13-02-01.png

• As you are adding a new listing and move about the tabs, it will automatically save your progress.  There is a new tab in the product menu to view "Drafts".  Now you don't have to try to upload everything and fill everything out all at one time in order to save what you are doing.

2015-03-13_13-08-33.png

• Finally added a good image editor suite for all your uploaded images.  I think you can pretty much do anything with these.   Have fun with it.  Make your listings look "awesome"

• I also made the Shipping Rates Calculator live.  Please feel free to send me PMs with feedback on how this works for you.

2015-03-13_13-37-19.png

2015-03-13_13-43-31.png
  • Like 5

This is probably already written somewhere, but I probably missed. 

So, with the shipping, if i don't offer free shipping and want to use "calculated" shipping, I would just have to sort of choose "middle ground" estimate  and have to essentially offer flat-rate shipping?

Exactly, its here to act as a guide.  There are so many instances where people have no idea what to charge for shipping, set a price then sell their item, realize they undercharged and then don't send the item, or try to back out.  This is here to help answer any question a person may have.  There should technically be no excuse for misquoting something.  It will hopefully help with some international sales as well.

As time goes on, I would like to get the set dimensions plugged in if available to help make it even easier to use.

Exactly, its here to act as a guide.  There are so many instances where people have no idea what to charge for shipping, set a price then sell their item, realize they undercharged and then don't send the item, or try to back out.  This is here to help answer any question a person may have.  There should technically be no excuse for misquoting something.  It will hopefully help with some international sales as well.

As time goes on, I would like to get the set dimensions plugged in if available to help make it even easier to use.

So, there is no plan to do "full blown" calculated shipping, same way as ebay, where shipping charge is shown to buyer based on his location?

So, there is no plan to do "full blown" calculated shipping, same way as ebay, where shipping charge is shown to buyer based on his location?

There can be plans for anything, but there needs to be growth. An hour ago you didn't even have this, so its a step in that direction. It all comes in steps/phases as usage is needed.  Is "full blown" shipping really needed at this point in time?  It's a nice thing to have but when 3/4 or more of the listings are Free Shipping, is it needed.

I am already using a shipping api. Is that shipgooder site live?  I tried some of the links including the API one and it doesn't even exist.

There can be plans for anything, but there needs to be growth. An hour ago you didn't even have this, so its a step in that direction. It all comes in steps/phases as usage is needed. Is "full blown" shipping really needed at this point in time? It's a nice thing to have but when 3/4 or more of the listings are Free Shipping, is it needed.

I am already using a shipping api. Is that shipgooder site live? I tried some of the links including the API one and it doesn't even exist.

I was asking just to make sure that I am not doing something wrong

I do sell on Amazon, and it does not look like they ever going to use calculated shipping. I am guessing they don't want end user to see actual shipping costs...

Edited by No More Monkeys

I am already using a shipping api. Is that shipgooder site live?  I tried some of the links including the API one and it doesn't even exist.

I'm not sure if it works, I never used it.  I tried accessing it, but my jobs firewall blocked it.

and now that I have your attention, just wanted to say thanks for everything! 

It is possible to get a list of the items that have sold and for how much?

That will come in time as the site gets more sales.  There will be a small widget added to the home page to show most recent sold listings or things that were missed out on but it won't be extensive until there is worthwhile data.

• Like 1

I am looking into it. Its odd, I didn't push any code today. Only seems to be an issue when logged in.

It started on the weekend for me, maybe even Friday.

I've noticed that some people upload huuuuge photos and it really slows their listings, though not sure if it matters anymore since you added the new picture editor?

• 3 months later...

A few new updates in the world of Brick Classifieds!

• New Feature: The ability for members to Make and Offer on your listings.  It's as simple as it sounds.  If you are logged in, you will now see a "Make Offer" button near the pricing of the set.  You will fill out a price and a short message to the seller to see if they will be interested in making a deal.  The seller will receive an email notice of your offer and be directed to go to their vendor admin area to Approve or Decline the offer.  If they Approve the offer, they can then create a manual order and send you the invoice.  If it is Declined, you will receive that notice and then you can make a new offer if you wish to do so.  You can track your offers by view the "My offers" area.  The link to this is in the Account drop down at the top of the page.
    bc_makeoffer.thumb.jpg.d754e2efd5074ece2
  • bc_makeoffer2.thumb.jpg.138650fdf1eb93fc

• Added some simple social media buttons if you wish to share your listings out there and attract some attention to them
  • Added email notifications for Product Questions and Members Questions
  • Worked on cleaning up some of the templates in your profile/feedback/activity/following areas
  • Fixed a bunch of weird issues that were happening on mobile devices, still more to do there.
  • Added a Task Manager widget in vendor admin dashboard to help let you know about orders, feedback, and things to do next
  • Added a manual order widget to vendor area so that you can quickly track and see what is happening with manual orders
  • Fixed issues with the eBay import/sync feature
  • Removed the "select a category" step when posting items, it was redundant :)

Oh thank goodness you cleaned this up: "Removed the "select a category" step when posting items, it was redundant :)"

Will make our lives simple! :P

Also, thanks for making a purchase from me! I expect a brilliant feedback! LOL

Anyhow, these updates worked out nicely, but I had to clear my cache because I.E. kept redirecting me out of the homepage, but looks like it is stable now...

• 4 months later...

Finally got around to updating the messaging center on Brick Classifieds.  Today we pushed new updates to finally have decent looking area to view, compose and reply to messages.  It is a little easier to navigate.  We will be addresses a few other rough looking areas in the near future as well.  Please let me know if you run into any issues when communicating with a buyer or seller.

brickclassifieds_inbox.thumb.jpg.6d58288

• Like 3