Find of the day in Canada

gravtation

Hello, may A MOD approve a new Pin TOPIC ..

FIND OF THE DAY in Canada ..

Not as good as my Fire brigade, nor TH..

but since this set is now listed as discontinued at most of the places down here, and more important my find is for sure a return from an online order , back in store :

at 179.86$ it's a wonderful deal .( more important is I sold my opened one yesterday for 170$, paid 50$ two months ago  gain of 120$ ...) pouahhaah

Bought it back SEALED for 206$ tax included ..final cost for a seal one : 86$  THANKS walmart.ca returns via walmart store in Kirkland, Quebec.

post-10015-0-96487300-1426464624_thumb.j

Edited by gravtation

Actually I've never seen this set in a Walmart at all.. were they sold in store ? thought they were only available online !

I'm sure I saw some in store at Walmart but this loner is probably a return. Nice that they didn't jack the price to $199.99 like TRU. I've got my eyes on a stack of three or four at a local TRU if Star Wars stuff goes to 20% off again.

Hmm...is it worth getting at TRU retail, since it's basically disappeared? I haven't been keeping my eye on this set as much as I should have lol.

Not sure it's worth getting at their $200 markup price, but if SW ever goes %20 off again and they still have stock, it's not bad at all. Add an air miles coupon in there and it's even sweeter!

As Greg mentioned above; some still have them hiding in store, got my eye on 2 in the overstock that i don't think they know they have lol.

Then again maybe the new one will be lame and people will want this one, but history has shown us with these MF's that that's not the case.

Not really a "good" find, but an odd one:

http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/lego-pharaos-quest-cursed-cobra-statue-7325/6000014024335

Pharaohs Quest set from 2011 just popped on WM's site lol...

Batcave also listed in stock:

http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/lego-super-heroes-the-batcave-6860/6000051853413

Not sure if it's legit though.

Edited by Sandwraithx157

Whats up with that Star Wars Spider Droid, it has been on WM clearance forever. Do they really think 5 dollars off is going to persuade people to buy it when its far from being a popular set to begin with? I bought a couple for $19 from WM in store a while back and even at that price i found it steep.

It's really interesting how they price their clearance... it ranges for less than 10% off to 50% off!

Yeah, it doesn't make much sense sometimes, like seeing the popular AT-AT from 2014 massively reduced and then seeing unpopular sets like the Spider Droid only getting a small discount. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it.

Even more stuff added to WM's clearance.

Not much of note, Olivia's house and Black Gate might be decent buys considering they are on their way out the door:

http://www.walmart.ca/en/toys/construction-blocks-sets/lego/******-32+2386+1019588

Also Tie Fighter listing back? I seriously doubt they had any stock of it, it seems like it took us a year to get some of these listing to be taken down, and now surprise! they're back!

Wizard Battle at $10 isn't bad either.

Edited by Sandwraithx157
  • Like 2

I did end up receiving the 2 Benny's i placed an order for the other day, very new seal codes too... it's possible they are still ordering ATAT's and Benny's (or just stock coming down the pipe) and selling them off as soon as they come in online at the clearance price. Worth keeping an eye on!

• Like 1

Even more stuff added to WM's clearance.

Not much of note, Olivia's house and Black Gate might be decent buys considering they are on their way out the door:

http://www.walmart.ca/en/toys/construction-blocks-sets/lego/******-32+2386+1019588

Also Tie Fighter listing back? I seriously doubt they had any stock of it, it seems like it took us a year to get some of these listing to be taken down, and now surprise! they're back!

Wizard Battle at $10 isn't bad either.

Darn! The day I sleep in WM listed a bunch of clearance X_X...

I don't know how much of that has really been in stock... The Arctic Outpost, for example, has been at that clearance price for at least a month (maybe two) now but it hasn't been showing in the search results. I'm guessing they did some kind of update that caused them to appear again but it's probably a lot of false positives.

Don't feel too bad... All the 50% stuff seems to have appeared online just before 4 am, and it was all gone at 4:17 am, eastern time.

I managed to *see* most of it available online, and it was disappearing as I was placing orders in. In retrospect, I shouldn't have made small orders matching the count of sets per Lego box. I also shouldn't have bothered going through Great Canadian Rebates between orders.

I have seen available in stock at 4am:

79011 - Dol Guldur Ambush, $15

9492 - Tie Fighter, $40

70010 - Lion CHI Temple, $75

70143 - Sir Fangar's Saber, $24

79016 - Attack on Lake-town, $17

79015 - Witch-king battle, $8

70505 - Temple of Light, $55

Town Hall is back on the site, still OOS. WVM is in stock right now.

Nice catch!

Last 2 TH's i managed to order were cancelled a couple months ago. I'll keep my eye on it, but i don't have high hopes. If it was available it was likely picked up at 4:00am like Stragus said. Tie at $40 would have been nice too..

Town Hall is lumped around items that are in stock... it might have actually been in stock at some point. Usually once OOS for a while their listing goes to the bottom of the list with the rest of the OOS items, darnit.

Theres' also a bunch of old items popping back (Lone Ranger Stuff, Heartlake Pet Salon, Spongebob Dutchman). Which makes the Pharaohs Quest set appearing the other day make sense haha.

Edited by Sandwraithx157
  • Like 1

Tie at $40 would have been nice too...

I saw the Tie Fighter in stock but completely overlooked it (412 parts for $40, meh).

It turns out each one has 12 highly valuable parts, in extremely high demand. They are worth half the sale price alone!

I was already wasting too much time running numbers through my part pricing AI, sets were disappearing fast... at 4am. Some people have monitoring software even crazier than mine (and mine can wake me up at night!).

• Like 1