Bricklink/BrickOwl - Discussion, questions, & answers

11 minutes ago, LegoMan1212 said:

When you see someone's parts for sale and it has (X10) after it, does that mean if you buy quantity of 1, you get 10 instead?  Just need to ask as some sellers seem to have the numbers equal each other, while others are all over the place.  Thanks

Example I'm looking at right now.

Quantity 58 (x58)

Next item

Quantity: 57 (x10)

I don't understand the reasoning here which makes me feel like it is false if what I stated above is true,

X10 means you have to buy the entire lot or in the multiples of 10. eg. 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 or the entire lot 57 is allowed.

price listed is for "1"  so if you take 10 then lot price = 10*eachprice.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, newbie77 said:

X10 means you have to buy the entire lot or in the multiples of 10. eg. 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 or the entire lot 57 is allowed.

price listed is for "1"  so if you take 10 then lot price = 10*eachprice.

Thanks, glad I didn't give that a test run to see what happened!  

Is there a way to exclude parts by bag number in your wanted list? I'm building up a sea cow , but ship only. The first two bags are the minifigs , couch and micro managers. 

I wish that was an option, but that doesn't exist. There's not really an inventory of parts within a bag for each set out there.

The only thing I can think of, is to part the set to a Wanted List. Then, use the instructions and back out the pieces from the two bags manually.
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/17/2017 at 3:08 AM, donbee said:

Do they have feedback of (2) ?
My Russian customer messaged me yesterday that the shipping was too expensive (which it is) and if I'd send it to DE instead.
I think I'll pass on this one...

Russian buyer with over 200 positive feedback just ordered and wants to use Qwintry freight forwarding service. I'm going to take the risk.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, mizeur said:

Russian buyer with over 200 positive feedback just ordered and wants to use Qwintry freight forwarding service. I'm going to take the risk.

Followup question: if I'm selling it to an international buyer but only shipping it domestically, do I have to fill out a customs form or is that Qwintry's job?

Quick question, is there a way to find out what parts might be NEW in a new set. Also is there a way to sort parts in BL according to scarcity? Just trying to figure a way to look for sets to part out that have scarce pieces($$$) and a list of what parts to keep an eye out on as I trudge through bins............LOL.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a way to remove orders in BrickLink where I've sent them an invoice but no response from buyer since then.

There isn't really an appropriate selection in the dropdown.

Also, do you guys leave negative feedback for such cases, if so, how long do you wait for a reply before doing so?

6 minutes ago, ichiroll said:

Is there a way to remove orders in BrickLink where I've sent them an invoice but no response from buyer since then.

Also, do you guys leave negative feedback for such cases, if so, how long do you wait for a reply before doing so?

Have you gone through the NPB process against them?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ichiroll said:

Click on order, click on Report Problem (if you want to NPB the buyer, you need to hold the item and sell to them if they end up paying) or Request to Cancel (you can proceed with cancelling right away).

I only do the NPB process and leave negative feedback if the buyer says they will pay and then doesn't (makes me suspicious of competitor tying up the stock of others). Otherwise I cancel by selecting the option that buyer did not pay and move on. I wait one week from invoice before cancelling unless there's communication from buyer.

Edited by minicoopers11
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Pebble&Park said:

Have you gone through the NPB process against them?

58 minutes ago, minicoopers11 said:

Click on order, click on Report Problem (if you want to NPB the buyer, you need to hold the item and sell to them if they end up paying) or Request to Cancel (you can proceed with cancelling right away).

I only do the NPB process and leave negative feedback if the buyer says they will pay and then doesn't (makes me suspicious of competitor tying up the stock of others). Otherwise I cancel by selecting the option that buyer did not pay and move on. I wait one week from invoice before cancelling unless there's communication from buyer.

thanks for the help and feedback on how to use NPB.

On 5/31/2017 at 2:35 PM, mizeur said:

Sets finally reached my buyer. He emailed with pictures showing damage to 2 sets and requested a refund. Fortunately, I took pictures of those sets in mint condition before they were boxed. His photos also showed that Qwintry had repackaged the sets, as I expected they would. So I suggested he contact them and ask about their insurance policy first.

• Like 3

Guest betsy805

What shipping parameters do you enter in to Brickowl to make sure that people pay a certain amount for a 12 ounce parts order vs. a 12 ounce set that needs to be boxed and will then fall in Priority range?  

33 minutes ago, betsy805 said:

What shipping parameters do you enter in to Brickowl to make sure that people pay a certain amount for a 12 ounce parts order vs. a 12 ounce set that needs to be boxed and will then fall in Priority range?  

You will need to play with the Dimensions Limit (L x W x H) option in the shipping method.  Set a restriction on your first class parts packages that is smaller then the size of the box.   Don't forget to set up a second shipping method with the higher rate and no restriction, so that the calculator will automatically roll the set order over to the second method.

• Like 1

For those of you that have hung Stack-Ons or Akro-Mils drawer cabinets on drywall, would you mind sharing what wall anchors you used?

I've hung heavy stuff on drywall, it really depends on how big a hole you want to make.
A simple plastic sleeve would work fine if the weight is distributed evenly over 4 screws. Unless it's a really big unit that is expected to be really full.
But if just one screw out of four is in a stud, you'll be fine.

1 hour ago, Alpinemaps said:

I'm sorry, I'm not available to hang around BP's houses.

Cause you don't want to be taken advantage of or because you're too busy?  

Ok... back to the topic :) Bricklink Rules!  I'm slowly trying to learn how to best ship to Canada to open up the store to more customers.   Any advice on best places to look to figure out shipping costs from USA to Canada?  I'm hoping USPS still but this is why we cal it research. 

45 minutes ago, LegoMan1212 said:

Cause you don't want to be taken advantage of or because you're too busy?  

Ok... back to the topic :) Bricklink Rules!  I'm slowly trying to learn how to best ship to Canada to open up the store to more customers.   Any advice on best places to look to figure out shipping costs from USA to Canada?  I'm hoping USPS still but this is why we cal it research. 

I've generally found USPS to have the best international shipping rates but I always double check because size, shape, and weight of an order can change that.

• Like 1

Does anyone think the Ninjago Misfortune's Keep 70605 have any great ROI? I am seeing this set for about $35 USD in stores. However, I am hesitant to part this set out. IMO, besides the minifigures, there aren't that many great/fast moving pieces. Am I wrong?

Edited by tacsniper

5 minutes ago, tacsniper said:

Does anyone think the Ninjago Misfortune's Keep 70605 have any great ROI? I am seeing this set for about $35 USD in stores. However, I am hesitant to part this set out. IMO, besides the minifigures, there aren't that many great/fast moving pieces. Am I wrong?

I would pass.  Not enough quantity of anything interesting to me unless you buy 20 of them cheaper than $35 (more like $15)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...