Bricklinking for the thrill of the build - and the lowest price

FattyMatty

Here is a pic of it. Not the best angle but you can see the contrast with the black post and brown circles between them. really looks fine imho. I still went with brown for the narrow posts on the top. The side supports (ladder looking things) being black helps them blend in nicely. 

IMG_0898.JPG

Edited by marcandre
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...
7 minutes ago, Poly 30286 said:

@Alpinemaps Do you care to elaborate on these "stalled projects"? Or are you satisfied with sharing your picture of miscellaneous padded mailers?

Picked up from here: 

I've talked about my Halloween Town, Fairgrounds, and Winter Village ideas for years, but I've never fully implemented them.  We take a couple sets out at the right time of the year, but don't actually have a full on display set up.  I decided it was time to get my displays idea restarted.  So I'm stocking up on plates and tiles, and other parts I need.  I've had a few ideas on how to build actual displays, and I finally want to start attacking these ideas.

I'm way behind schedule, though.  I thought I'd need 4-6 months to be able to get ahead of the game (e.g., if I started working on the Winter Village stuff now, I'd be ready for December).  But reality is, I need to be about 9 months ahead of schedule.  So a lot of what I'm buying right now is for the Winter Village, but it probably won't be on display until December 2018.  I'm primarily trying to build a small stream (with a bridge) and a lake.

As soon as I get ever a part of what I'm trying to do built, I'll post it.

I'm also trying to build the Celebration 2017 set:

LSW_CELEBRATION_Exclusive.jpg

Almost done getting all the parts for that.

• Like 1

@Alpinemaps I hear you loud and clear. I started BL'ing a 10228 Haunted House last September. It took me until this February or March to finish acquiring the pieces without dying of fright. All those pieces have been counted, sorted, and placed in a box since about April. Due to um, LIFE, I will not have it built until Halloween 2018 at the earliest.

Have fun opening your packages. I don't know if you are strictly stick to the list when ordering, but it's often a surprise for me. In each pack there's a few "oh yeah, I forgot I ordered that too".

56 minutes ago, Poly 30286 said:

Have fun opening your packages. I don't know if you are strictly stick to the list when ordering, but it's often a surprise for me. In each pack there's a few "oh yeah, I forgot I ordered that too".

I try not to do that too often, because costs skyrocket if I just let myself do that.

But, I always try to look around a shop to make sure there isn't a little something I might want/need, especially if I'm spending < $10 at the shop.