CELEB2015 - Star Wars Celebration 2015 Tatooine Minibuild

TheOrcKing

A blurry image (of course) for the exclusive set to be given at this year's Star Wars Celebration event next weekend in Anaheim. It appears to have a little diorama of Luke's home on Tatooine, a (loosely) Microfighters-esque sandcrawler, C-3PO (I would guess the one from the UCS Sandcrawler), and a micro landspeeder with some characters.

16443504593_22995c4b33_o.jpg

Source: The Brick Fan

• Like 6

This will probably be $35 and not a freebie, but who knows? Thanks

Stand in line together?  lol

This will be at least $50 but I wouldn't be surprised if it's $60-75. And if it's anything like the SDCC/NYCC exclusives there will only be about 250 per day and they will go quick.

That's my biggest fear.  I've tried the last couple of years to get the SDCC exclusives, with ZERO luck.  I get there early, I know the drill (I've been doing SDCC for 30 years).  And it's just impossible.

I hope they have more than 250.  I'll be at the show the entire weekend.  I certainly hope I can snag at least one.  I get the feeling I'll be BL'ing the parts, though.

Stand in line together?  lol

That's my biggest fear.  I've tried the last couple of years to get the SDCC exclusives, with ZERO luck.  I get there early, I know the drill (I've been doing SDCC for 30 years).  And it's just impossible.

I hope they have more than 250.  I'll be at the show the entire weekend.  I certainly hope I can snag at least one.  I get the feeling I'll be BL'ing the parts, though.

Last time, folks with Jedi Knight and Jedi Master badges were let onto the show floor area early (an hour early), so they could get in line first.  We were able to also get in the hall early a couple days (don't ask me how), but we were asked to let the privileged badge folks move up in line before us on the last day.  When the doors open, people run to whichever line they want to stand-in (Hallmark, Hasbro, Disney, Gentle Giant, Sideshow, etc).  Each LEGO set was numbered last time and there were only 250 per day.  This is where I first saw the UCS R2 and knew I had to have one.  I was in the market for Jabba's Palace already and they revealed the Rancor Pit at the show.  I didn't even collect much LEGO then, but I do now.

Last time, folks with Jedi Knight and Jedi Master badges were let onto the show floor area early (an hour early), so they could get in line first.  We were able to also get in the hall early a couple days (don't ask me how), but we were asked to let the privileged badge folks move up in line before us on the last day.  When the doors open, people run to whichever line they want to stand-in (Hallmark, Hasbro, Disney, Gentle Giant, Sideshow, etc).  Each LEGO set was numbered last time and there were only 250 per day.  This is where I first saw the UCS R2 and knew I had to have one.  I was in the market for Jabba's Palace already and they revealed the Rancor Pit at the show.  I didn't even collect much LEGO then, but I do now.

So...Bricklink the set is what I'm going to end up doing, isn't it?

So...Bricklink the set is what I'm going to end up doing, isn't it?

Well, if you want one, quite possibly.  I personally don't want one, but I possibly will skip breakfast one morning to get one to flip. 

My friend and I don't stand in the cattle call line to get into the show.  Usually 1000s of people line-up in the morning, but we people watch, hang out, drink coffee, look for celebrities, etc.  Sometimes we're lucky and security will let us into the show early.  My other friends will stand-in the cattle call line, because they don't like the uncertainty of possibly being the last ones to get into the show because they weren't in line.  It's paid off for us more often than not.  I have some cool press packets from CVI to show for it.

Honestly, we don't try to go for the exclusives.  If they fall into our lap, great.  If not, no biggie.

This looks like an awesome set.  I loved the Classic Batman and Bag End sets from last year.  Very similar boxes.  Highly collectible long term, but the growth is very slow after the initial seller makes a profit.  For most of us, these sets are for true collectors that are willing to pay top dollar for a slow appreciating product.

• Like 1

What also makes these sets hard to get at Celebration (I'm not sure how it compares to other cons) is the dealers are not asked to leave the collector lines.  Within the first 50 people in line, there will be 40 dealers/resellers that have booths at the con.  The resellers themselves won't necessarily be in line (cough, Brian's Toys, cough), but they'll bring 4-5 minimum wage cronies with them and have them branch out with their badges and pick-up 6-10 from each vendor per day.

It's hard to stomach for the collector's to see the con exclusives showing up in the dealer booths already marked up 300%.  I'm not sure how certain dealers did it back at CIII, but they were buying the Hasbro talking Vader's from fans for $30-$40 each and reselling for $75 or so.  They had a glutton of stock leftover and the bottom fell out of it less than a month later.  I remember we all got our first Force FX Lightsaber's this way.  Trade 3 in and you had a Force FX Lightsaber for $45.

• Like 1

Come on ToK... can't you reverse engineer this sucker from the blurry picture? :)

I was waiting for that remark. Ha. Ah, looks like I'll have yet another project on my hands. That reminds me, are there instructions for the older microbuilds of JEK-14's Starfighter, Bag End, or Rocket's Warbird? Let me guess, I just gave myself more work didn't I? Dang it.
  • Like 3

On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2015 at 4:47 PM, TheOrcKing said:

I was waiting for that remark. Ha. Ah, looks like I'll have yet another project on my hands. That reminds me, are there instructions for the older microbuilds of JEK-14's Starfighter, Bag End, or Rocket's Warbird? Let me guess, I just gave myself more work didn't I? Dang it.

I have the instructions for JEK-14's Starfighter around here somewhere.

'LEGO TRU Mini Model Jek-14 Stealth Fighter Instructions Front.

8708510255_d513d9984a_b.jpg

• Like 3

I recreate these in LDraw when possible since the official PDFs aren't released by Lego. I've done some from Flickr archives and others from freeze-framing a review build video that someone made.

FYI, hot linking our PDFs is restricted due to some DDoS morons, but you can browse www.constructibles.net --> Comic Con, and the instructions link is available on each product page.

• Like 1