42030 - Volvo L350F Wheel Loader

Anyone seen the 42030 Volvo Front Loader?

http://brickset.com/sets/42030-1/Volvo-L350F-Front-Loader

So I mentioned in a blog about Technic showing up in other stores that I thought it might be good for the theme. If Lego invests more money in it, maybe they will start licensing more of it like the Unimog. 

Well we have another licensed set. Volvo may not be the biggest name in construction, but its certainly looks like a push in that direction. Technic lovers love Construction - and I feel like they will love licensed Construction even more.

This is a big boy at 1636 pieces. Looks sweet too:

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy

I'm getting one as soon as they are -40% which will happen eventually.  Then... I'll go in big if the Unimog does well.

I'm getting one as soon as they are -40% which will happen eventually.  Then... I'll go in big if the Unimog does well.

Unimog is already doing very well here at the US.

I am seeing $280 or so on Ebay.

Since it is not an exclusive set, most of us got it around 160 or lower with discount.

Guest TabbyBoy

would love to have an old school Volvo station wagon

Since they now have the licence, why not a classic white P1800 coupe as driven by The Saint?

I'm a big fan of Volvo as my last car was a turbocharged S60 saloon (sedan) 0-60 in 5.9sec and... very comfortable.

This is great. I love Technic sets, and dream of the day they receive return like the SW sets do. I get that it will probably not happen, but I still think there is a world of teens and adults who are physics and engineer-savvy who can really tap into their creative side and MOD-out Technic sets or use the pieces from these sets to build some really cool things.....

I love Technic sets, and dream of the day they receive return like the SW sets do.

I played technics 25 years ago and it has never been as successful as SW sets. :(

But note that it was as popular (if you can say so) as it is these days so I think it's quite a safe bet. The fact that few sets (about 10) are released each year is a good point too (not a lot of choice for buyers so they have to take a look at the older sets...)

Dudes, I keep trying to find a deal on MK 2.  No luck.

You might have to wait close to EOL for a discount. Toys R Us had big discounts on 9398 4x4 Crawler recently, clearance sale trying to make more room for new swag. I would imagine/hope they would do the same thing next year with MKII

Very cool set IMHO. The design that goes into these Technic sets never fails to impress me. I wouldn't know where to start trying to design something like that from scratch.

I'd also like to see more licensed Technic sets for that extra bit of collectability value.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone.  I am confused (not difficult!)

The LEGO Shop at Home site says 42030 is coming soon on 1 Aug 14, and yet I saw it today in my local store, for sale, in North Yorkshire England.

Am I missing something or do they get released to the street early, and I just haven't noticed?

They also had a 42029 pick up truck for sale as well.  Bizarre!.

Thanks

Stuart

I built this set 2 days ago, and for being my very first Technic set that I've ever purchased, I was very pleased with it.  It was definitely a long build compared to normal lego, but I've had a lot of fun.  I really like the motorized functions of the set and everyone I've showed it too have been super impressed with the set.

• Like 1

I am a huge huge huge fan of Technic.

And I like custom building Technic sets !

You will like it once you get every piece together, power function, IR, pneumatic

oh, and you will want EV3 parts.

It costs money but it is really fun playing with it.

I built this set 2 days ago, and for being my very first Technic set that I've ever purchased, I was very pleased with it.  It was definitely a long build compared to normal lego, but I've had a lot of fun.  I really like the motorized functions of the set and everyone I've showed it too have been super impressed with the set.

Is it for sale in lego store already?