70736 - Attack of the Morro Dragon

TheOrcKing

I would like to start a topic on this set for a whole lot of reasons but mainly these. Number one, Ninjago and dragons go like bread & butter meaning this one with its integrated glow-in-the-dark parts just makes a cool build that more awesome. Number two, check out the duds on our hero ninja all dark like the swift shadow with only a hint of color to tell them apart making our friends a bit closer to the ninja we are accustomed to. Number three, the villains are the undead ghouls from a netherverse on the other side of some dimension for lost souls. I guess our fellow ninja are now Ghostbusters. Ha. Number four, ....oh wait I don't have a fourth. Nevermind. :pardon: Anyway it will retail for $69.99 and include six minifigures.

70736_main.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Not a ninjago fan by a long shot but this set does actually look pretty impressive.  
Tempted to get one even though i have no desire to get any of the others whatsoever (after seeing this one i looked at the other dragon sets and am a bit mehhh....and that hasnt stopped me wanting this one).  

I'm not sure if others will feel the same way about this once its gone but just the dragon looks awesome!  And there's enough going on in the rest of the set to make it a kind of good stand alone piece.

My son and nephew both built this set. I got them on clearence for around $30. This dragon is amazing. It is really well built and fits the ninjago story line well. I am a huge fan of ninjago Dragons. If you need convincing look at how well the other older dragons (which are not nearly as cool) are selling

2 hours ago, legopocalypse said:

except 9450

True, that one was odd though. We built it and it did not even look good. I can't remember it being a big part of the series (I have not watched all of them with my kids) and it falls apart easily.

• Like 1

Just bit the bullet and picked one up for 50% off (for a personal build cant go wrong there i think).
Ok maybe this theme doesn't have your typical AFOL draw and maybe they'll be Ninjago dragons continuously available in one form or another (literally have no idea on this - never seen the show, dont know anything about the sets other then some look pretty cool) so no real need to get little timmy this one once its gone.

One more was left on the shelf - might go back for it.  Just the lack of any Ninjago hype/talk means i can't easily rip off others strategies so have to do some extra leg work on if I'd see a worthwhile return :)

All sets are hoarded. This set happened to be a good set and I have heard many on this site pass it up. Most ninjago sets are not that well made and many my kids get or buy end up in our storage, this set has been one of our favorites for over 6 months as it gets played with often. As long as Netflix keeps playing the series and the movie coming out I think this set will do well, but the more of you who don't, the better for me maybe. 

5 hours ago, micbelt said:

Where are people seeing destiny bounty for 50% off? I found this set and a bunch others at Walmart for that but have never seen destiny bounty on clearance.

Last Xmas it was widely available for 70 euros (RRP 120) and discounts could be stacked to bring it down to 60. Same with the dragon that could be had for around 30 (rrp 70).

Seems TLG were discounting them for wholesalers to boost sales as Ninjago doesn´t do great outside of Germany.

Its a really cool set but as somebody holding 6x 9450's I am cautious.  However after being pleasantly surprised by my stack of 70503 Golden Dragon's I have to admit there is potential here.

As others have said time and time again it is all about levels of risk.  This could go great and it could stagnate.....I just wish I had the golden formula for knowing which ones to pick 100% of the time :P

• Like 1