Jump to content
  • Announcements

    • Jeff Mack

      Forum Update   07/18/2017

      I just updated the forum to a brand new version that included a bunch of new things. I know I need to fix some colors, but please let me know if other things are not working properly. As always, clear out your cache to pull in the latest css and js files to make sure you are using the newest files that they offer before submitting any bugs. ***THE FORUM APP IS NOW WORKING. THE LOGIN ISSUE HAS BEEN FIXED***

TheOrcKing

DC Super Hero Girls - general discussion

Recommended Posts

longshot    233
45 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

What does she need? A forge or machine shop?

Gee I dont know how about the invisible jet............ I think that might be a little more in line with a super hero then a dorm room, no? And certainly adds to the swoosh factor..........:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
exciter1    24,966
Gee I dont know how about the invisible jet............ I think that might be a little more in line with a super hero then a dorm room, no? And certainly adds to the swoosh factor..........

80's chicks did lots of swooshing with Aquanet in their dorm rooms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Darth_Raichu    6,682
41 minutes ago, longshot said:

Gee I dont know how about the invisible jet............ I think that might be a little more in line with a super hero then a dorm room, no? And certainly adds to the swoosh factor..........:D

Dude, the girl has an invisible motorcycle in her dorm room.  That is pretty hard core superhero-ing right there :P

Maybe this version of Wonder Woman is not old enough to get a flying license yet ;) 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sfcommando14    1,947
Gee I dont know how about the invisible jet............ I think that might be a little more in line with a super hero then a dorm room, no? And certainly adds to the swoosh factor..........

You're really missing the point. These sets are based on a TV show called D.C. Super Hero Girls and the sets reflect the show. They are mini-dolls, which share the target demo of the show, little girls. I have a 5 year old who absolutely loves these and (surprisingly) didn't critique their choice of locations and vehicles. Except the helicopter. Even she knows Lego needs to stop with the helicopters ;)
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gregpj    5,339
17 hours ago, longshot said:

Gee I dont know how about the invisible jet............ I think that might be a little more in line with a super hero then a dorm room, no? And certainly adds to the swoosh factor..........:D

They made an invisible jet for the regular minifigs and it wasn't all that popular (or good).

LEGO likes to bill themselves (and many of us like to believe it too) as a benevolent company when it comes to stereotypes and role models, but the bottom line is that they need to work from the source material, produce sets in a variety of price ranges and sell them. Selling them often means they go for the easy win and play to the girly girl and manly man stereotypes.

Either way, I have to admit these mini dolls are well done. Lots of detail and creativity in the builds and they really do look like the cartoon.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gregpj said:

They made an invisible jet for the regular minifigs and it wasn't all that popular (or good).

LEGO likes to bill themselves (and many of us like to believe it too) as a benevolent company when it comes to stereotypes and role models, but the bottom line is that they need to work from the source material, produce sets in a variety of price ranges and sell them. Selling them often means they go for the easy win and play to the girly girl and manly man stereotypes.

Either way, I have to admit these mini dolls are well done. Lots of detail and creativity in the builds and they really do look like the cartoon.

I was thinking of the stereotypes while looking at the advent calendars the other day. I was thinking of how, for the past 2 years, my daughters have opened the friends advent calendar and been underwhelmed. The builds are much more simple and there are several days where you get a baggie of hair products or cooking utensils. You get 2 mini dolls, whereas with City and Star Wars you get something to build every day and like 6 minifigures.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gregpj    5,339
1 minute ago, thoroakenfelder said:

I was thinking of the stereotypes while looking at the advent calendars the other day. I was thinking of how, for the past 2 years, my daughters have opened the friends advent calendar and been underwhelmed. The builds are much more simple and there are several days where you get a baggie of hair products or cooking utensils. You get 2 mini dolls, whereas with City and Star Wars you get something to build every day and like 6 minifigures.

Yep.. but stick all three Calendars in front them and which would they choose?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpinemaps    10,406
4 hours ago, randrace said:
Found 41233 Lashina Tank at Fullerton, CA Target. I now have the only listing on EBay. Woooo!

 

 


Can you share the DPCI?

Imma gonna have to have Krypto

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
randrace    610


Can you share the DPCI?

Imma gonna have to have Krypto

Is the DCPI on the receipt? If so here's mine. I have a feeling Krypto and Toffee the Friends Pug will be going on some adventures in my house in the near future.1481939817165.thumb.jpg.030a7b75fe271ce2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ravenb99    4,867
3 hours ago, randrace said:


Is the DCPI on the receipt? If so here's mine. I have a feeling Krypto and Toffee the Friends Pug will be going on some adventures in my house in the near future.

Yeah it's 086-14-0928 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpinemaps    10,406

Thanks for posting. It's showing up on the stock tracker with no price. Guessing it might be in back with a "Don't sell until Jan 1". I'll have to go hunting in the morning.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
randrace    610
I saw 4x 41233 earlier and passed.  I should have grabbed them just to give @randrace some competition :devil:

Get in here and grab some of this free money! Just sold one for $47 shipped. Looks like the price is 'seller's choice' at the moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ravenb99    4,867

Believe that one may be target exclusive.  I got in a bunch of new ones and haven't run across it yet.  

Course there is 100  to 150 new sets so might of missed it 

Edited by ravenb99

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×