10179 How much you did you pay for yours?

wintersun

For the lucky one, how much you paid for it? Do you build it or you keep it new? I think I will buy one soon, but DAMN the price is high. I told myself I'll never paid more than 1k$ for a set, but I have some extra money and I really want one! I'll probably buy a used one and build it and maybe resell it 20k$ in 20 years :)

For the lucky one, how much you paid for it? Do you build it or you keep it new?

I think I will buy one soon, but DAMN the price is high. I told myself I'll never paid more than 1k$ for a set, but I have some extra money and I really want one!

I'll probably buy a used one and build it and maybe resell it 20k$ in 20 years :)

Paid $399 for MISB and it is still MISB. Bought a used First Edition for $700, basically new...built once. Buy one now. The prices are heading back up. The new STAR WARS movies in 2015 might increase prices even further.

For the lucky one, how much Paid $399 for MISB and it is still MISB. Bought a used First Edition for $700, basically new...built once. Buy one now. The prices are heading back up. The new STAR WARS movies in 2015 might increase prices even further.

I'm not sure I understand the difference between the first edition and the second? It's only a certificate?

Well I have been out of the loop with this set for a while now because I have been busy with other themes......I searched Lego 10179 on eBay and only a few new sets came up, which really surprised me. Are you gonna build it? If so you might wanna look into a used set.

I'm not sure yet if I want to build it or not. But I won't pay 2000$+ for a used set

Some of these auctions are amazingly bad. The thing is, it was about 2-3 weeks ago I was looking at them and compared to these current crop of auctions were rather good deals.

For example I wouldn't touch this one ever, its probably a fake listing:

LEGO 10179: MILLENIUM FALCON

This person wants $3000 + $500 shipping, good luck with that :)

Lego NEW 10179 Millennium Falcon I AM THE SELLER YOU WANT! UCS SEALED

This here looks like the current best deal (if you want to call it that). At least it looks like they really own it, but its still over $3000. At this point if you have the money pick any one you want.

LEGO # 10179 UCS Star Wars Millennium Falcon NEW NISB factory sealed NIB

Maybe I will just ask Ed to buy one of his. Maybe I can get a discount. Chances are he would charge me extra :)

Here is my question to all of you. We really don't know where this is all going to stop. It keeps going up over 2% month after month. If I magically knew that a year from now this set would be selling for $4500+, wouldn't it be considered a solid investment to buy one at this price of $3000+?

I think the set can and will hit $3000 at some point. In Australia, new sealed sets are hitting A$2700 (last two ended eBay auctions) which is about US$2836 so the US seller you thought was selling his dead mint version for US$3000 is actually an attractive option for Australian buyers...

When this set came out, it was like $675 in Canada. I longed to buy it but couldn't justify it. I kept an eye on ebay hoping to get a better price. I bid on one auction, lost, but was later given a second chance offer! I think I paid about $450. It was a 1st edition (with certificate) in MISB condition! I have been holding on to it ever since (it is still in the brown cardboard shipping box from Lego Shop at Home). It is exhilarating watching the value climb but my intention from the beginning has always been to build and display it one day. Now it is looking like the only way that that will happen is if I become wealthy by some other means and will no longer feel insane to open and play with a 2000-3000+ set!

Awesome man good go hear!! Now are you just sit and stare at the box? Lol

I really don't know what I'll do. That's the big problem! All the other sets if I'm not sure if I open it or sell it, I buy 2 or more. But I can't do this with 10179.

For the 1-2 years it will probably only staring at the box :)

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone know what a "reasonable" price for 10179 is?

Most people have found them for about $2.5k, but is this considered an amazing price or a decent one?

BTW, for fellow Chinese people, Happy Chinese New Year!

$2,300 - 2,600 seems to be the going rate for a sealed 10179 in good-excellent condition. Pick one up now before it gets up to $3,000 LOL

You think they will go up to $3,000?

It could go up to $3,000, or it could go down to $2,000 or $1,500. I personally think it could hit $3,000 one day if there isn't another UCS MF made. However if one was to purchase it for $2,500 as an investment they would have to sell it for roughly $3,000 just to break even since eBay will take 15-20% in fees.