TRU Canada Sales and Clearance

tacsniper

No ship notification yet on the 2 R2's from Ebay, but i got a response to my request for %15 off and it looks like it was granted. I placed 2 orders of 1 because i couldn't add 2 to my cart, and i explained that to them and they still agreed to give %15 off both orders.

​Quite jealous. Congrats on the R2's. They gave me the 15% on my next order, as well. Refund came back to the credit card yesterday.

• Like 1

Has TRU always have a limit 3 on all Lego sets on its website? If it's new, I wonder if they are expecting reduce supply.

​Oh wow you're right, it's not just the exclusives either.

Maybe they want a fail-safe so they don't have to dish out hundreds of items at %80 off by mistake haha.

• Like 1

​Oh wow you're right, it's not just the exclusives either.

Maybe they want a fail-safe so they don't have to dish out hundreds of items at %80 off by mistake haha.

​Haha, yeah, During that sale the limit was 10 of each.  :(

Anyone had their R2's marked as shipped from TRU ebay yet? Heading into 2 days now and nothing on my end. The Demolition sets fiasco still had them shipping out same day.

I don't mind if they don't ship as i have got some recently, but trying to get the %15 offer applied to another order if this one is cancelled sounds like a pain.

Anyone had their R2's marked as shipped from TRU ebay yet? Heading into 2 days now and nothing on my end. The Demolition sets fiasco still had them shipping out same day.

I don't mind if they don't ship as i have got some recently, but trying to get the %15 offer applied to another order if this one is cancelled sounds like a pain.

​The ones I tried to get from TRU.ca have been marked as backordered... Not sure if anybody else got some as I was pretty late to try after it was posted here that TRU eBay had them.

Response i received from ebay CS regarding R2 order status (or lack thereof):

Thank you for contacting Toys "R" Us Canada on eBay Support regarding your order, Order #xxxxxxx.

I see that your order is being processed at the fulfillment center, but regret that due to the popularity of the LEGO Star Wars - R2-D2 10225 and order coming in faster then inventory could be updated; all orders are taking a minimum of 1-3 full business days to process before shipping. Please keep in mind that if an order is received after 1pm EST (yours was received at 6:40pm), weekends or holidays, the next business day is considered the first processing day. Please be assured that you will receive a confirmation email with tracking information and estimated delivery date once the LEGO Star Wars - R2-D2 10225 ships from the fulfillment center.

Our most sincere apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.

By the sounds of it they may have pulled a WM and sold more than they had. Time will tell!

Response i received from ebay CS regarding R2 order status (or lack thereof):

Thank you for contacting Toys "R" Us Canada on eBay Support regarding your order, Order #xxxxxxx.

I see that your order is being processed at the fulfillment center, but regret that due to the popularity of the LEGO Star Wars - R2-D2 10225 and order coming in faster then inventory could be updated; all orders are taking a minimum of 1-3 full business days to process before shipping. Please keep in mind that if an order is received after 1pm EST (yours was received at 6:40pm), weekends or holidays, the next business day is considered the first processing day. Please be assured that you will receive a confirmation email with tracking information and estimated delivery date once the LEGO Star Wars - R2-D2 10225 ships from the fulfillment center.

Our most sincere apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.

By the sounds of it they may have pulled a WM and sold more than they had. Time will tell!

​Sounds like a LEGO employee and that they haven't a hot clue if any R2s are in stock and when they might ship even if they did. :)

​Sounds like a LEGO employee and that they haven't a hot clue if any R2s are in stock and when they might ship even if they did. :)

​Haha yup!

Didn't expect anything concrete by any means, just prying for any possible insight on this little guy.

Actually after the last time he came in stock and went, i contacted them and inquired about his stock levels. I got the generic "blah blah no stock at this time check back later or check your local store stock. After the generic blurb i got a seemingly human response: "There might be more stock coming in soon though, check back sometime in the next week". Of course i did not believe them so i didn't even bother watching R2's listing after that, but stock came back!

Could have been a coincidence of course, or i got someone who actually "knew" something/cared enough to look into it.

​Everything work out with your refund?  I placed an order and will be emailing asking for my 15% once I have the order #

​Yah I got it yesterday. Kind of freaked me out because it says "we're sorry we're cancelling your order" and then shows a refund of $25 and I'm like WTF you cancelled my order and only refunded a small portion of it. Oh, that's the 10% refund, haha. Kind of a kick in the nads they told me there was no such thing as 15% refund considering you all got it.

​Yah I got it yesterday. Kind of freaked me out because it says "we're sorry we're cancelling your order" and then shows a refund of $25 and I'm like WTF you cancelled my order and only refunded a small portion of it. Oh, that's the 10% refund, haha. Kind of a kick in the nads they told me there was no such thing as 15% refund considering you all got it.

​They told me that nobody got 10% and if I wanted to buy something at a discount to watch for a sale. Keep meaning to send them nasty feedback.

​Now that's some BS. Why would they bother being so inconsistent and denying it. Random.

This was the response...

From time to time, we offer special sales or promotions for some of our items. These special deals are offered during specific time frames, and we are unable to honor a special promotion outside of the dates it is offered. If you would like to purchase the item, you would have to do so at the current listed price. Another option is to keep checking back to our listings, as we will update the site if we offer the item for the sale price again. I'm sorry that you missed the sale, and I apologize for any disappointment this may cause you.

They just earned negative feedback from me. I see a lot of people left neutral over negative on the pricing mistake... based on that response, I left negative feedback.

• Like 1