TRU Canada Sales and Clearance

tacsniper

4 hours ago, Sandwraith said:

Sounds like lots are being cancelled :( I placed a couple for in-store pickup yesterday, only 1 is "ready for pickup".

Amazes me how they almost always make this mistake with their "baby product only" coupons...

Got confirmation for pickup for all my orders... we'll see if I get them.

2 orders finally ready for pickup, 1 cancelled. Stopped by a TRU last night to pick another one up, and wow were they busy at the CS desk, they were still printing out online orders from the night before.... and they had a massive pile of orders unfulfilled.

Almost all the merch in the pickup section was Lego haha.

Edited by Sandwraith

11 hours ago, kd123 said:

Tru's buy online and pick up in store promo is nice, until you need to talk to someone in store and that's when the phone keeps ringing and you get put on the continous "Tru please hold" loop. 

Yeah and especially with this fiasco they were swamped in store. Took me 15-20 mins to pickup an order yesterday.

• Like 1

Picked up my first ever Friends set to get the free Krypto giveaway just now. None of the Super hero girls sets were on sale but the Friends Hot dog truck was on sale for just above the $30 I needed to qualify, and I figured this would look cool in my regular lego city with regular lego figures. I went to the store specifically for the polybag. Also came out with 2 transformers on for 50%, a black series first order Tie pilot for $15 (they had one first order tie fighter for $95 but I already got them cheaper), the Rogue One blu-ray, and the galactic heroes han and luke in stormtrooper gear. That freebie cost me around $150. This is worse than when I go to Costco. ;)

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Stragus said:

The Streetview promotion is back, 24 sets to choose from to get the 4 little tiny modulars:

http://www.toysrus.ca/family/viewall/index.jsp?ab=TRU_PDP_LegoStreetviewGWP_04212017_EN&categoryId=85305826&overrideStore=TRUSCA

There's nothing good to part out at that price, but it may be interesting to some!

I will run some numbers but I don't think I will take advantage of this.  I had a dozen sets and it took me a year to sell them with avg. profit of $55 ea.

It appears the Streetview promotion is partly over, they now only hand out two mini modulars with each purchase.

But I'll still point out that the set Rebel Combat Frigate 75158 is also 20% off at 120 CAD (for another 6 hours):
http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=87397196

That set is OOS on shop.lego.com and, if anyone is interested, note that the minifigures are very valuable. For that Ashoka Tano alone, my pricing A.I. computes 55 USD in an year.

I wish I had realized that when they were still handing out 4 mini modulars per purchase. :) I guess I was a little too focused on LEGO Shop at Home...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Stragus said:

It appears the Streetview promotion is partly over, they now only hand out two mini modulars with each purchase.

But I'll still point out that the set Rebel Combat Frigate 75158 is also 20% off at 120 CAD (for another 6 hours):
http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=87397196

That set is OOS on shop.lego.com and, if anyone is interested, note that the minifigures are very valuable. For that Ashoka Tano alone, my pricing A.I. computes 55 USD in an year.

I wish I had realized that when they were still handing out 4 mini modulars per purchase. :) I guess I was a little too focused on LEGO Shop at Home...

They were handing out 4 of the mini modulars per purchase?!!! That's nuts. I've sold these in the past for $25 each.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, eliminator said:

Dang, and I was all worried about a friggin R2D2 polybag!

I guess TRU found some excess stock of these mini modulars from a previous Bricktober.

The R2D2 is also an excellent deal if it stays above 20 USD, although I expect BrickLink & BrickOwl to be flooded with sellers uploading batches of ~50 next week. I should have reallocated funds to a dozen 75158 instead, if I had noticed...

The deal is still fine with 2 mini modulars, but now it's hard to commit when you just know they were offering 4 modulars two days ago! :P

For those who collect polys, I found the following at some of my local TRUs:

• 30521 - Mini Batmobile
  • 30551 - Cinderella's Kitchen
  • 30496 - U-wing Fighter (saw online, ordered via store pick-up, but never did see them on the shelf)

I haven't built my U-Wing yet, but I think it looks pretty cool!

EDIT: Also looks like 30449 - The Milano is available online for in-store pickup.

Edited by Codes

1 hour ago, Stragus said:

The R2D2 is also an excellent deal if it stays above 20 USD, although I expect BrickLink & BrickOwl to be flooded with sellers uploading batches of ~50 next week. I should have reallocated funds to a dozen 75158 instead, if I had noticed...

The deal is still fine with 2 mini modulars, but now it's hard to commit when you just know they were offering 4 modulars two days ago! :P

Agreed, Just cant do it now for 2 mini modulars knowing it was 4 previously.

While I am a huge Rebels fan, IMO 75158 is a terrible set. Overpriced and not a very good rendering of the ship. The only thing it has going for it is the Ashoka minifig.

Edited by eliminator
  • Like 1