TRU Canada Sales and Clearance

tacsniper

Anyone the past week here had a chance to clean out some Lego Apollo Saturn from TRU? I haven't heard anything here so far from regular posters. Quite a few people from Niagara Falls have been dumping these on ebay for around 200USD a pop plus shipping. 

http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=129615126&prodFindSrc=search&fv=2510384&f=Taxonomy&fd=&fg=&keywords=lego+saturn&x=0&y=0&foreSeeBrowseSampling=15&foreSeeBrowseLoyalty=1&foreSeeEnabled=true

11 hours ago, ChristopherJB said:

Anyone the past week here had a chance to clean out some Lego Apollo Saturn from TRU? I haven't heard anything here so far from regular posters. Quite a few people from Niagara Falls have been dumping these on ebay for around 200USD a pop plus shipping. 

http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=129615126&prodFindSrc=search&fv=2510384&f=Taxonomy&fd=&fg=&keywords=lego+saturn&x=0&y=0&foreSeeBrowseSampling=15&foreSeeBrowseLoyalty=1&foreSeeEnabled=true

for $30 what's the point in taking the time & hassle/risk?

TRu has it at $149.99 +13%tax = $169.49

$200 usd less 25% fees for ebay&pp&conversion = $150 usd or $198.85 Cdn

= $29.26  ins't that just like a %17 roi?  (kinda poor really)

unless you already have several coupon cards piled up and of course they accept them on Lego over $129

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Thumper said:

unless you already have several coupon cards piled up and of course they accept them on Lego over $129

I find that my selling price in US dollars equals what I get in Canadian after fees and shipping.  Selling it at $220US earns me $55 Canadian profit which is nothing to sneeze at and prices may creep up in the next two weeks without new stock until the second week of July.

5 minutes ago, redghostx said:

... may creep up in the next two weeks without new stock until the second week of July.

Darn. Do we know that as a fact, that the second batch won't come before the second week of July?

I would kind of need one for a birthday gift in July... and I didn't expect to have to deal with evil resellers. :blum:

Darn. Do we know that as a fact, that the second batch won't come before the second week of July?
I would kind of need one for a birthday gift in July... and I didn't expect to have to deal with evil resellers. :blum:

Multiple Lego stores indicated to me (Canada and US) that their last shipment came this week and the next one will not come before the second week of July. I believe that someone posted similar information in the Apollo thread as well.

Just too soon to QF (imo)... July 20th being the anniversary of the landing, there should be much more hype trying to acquire this set in say 2-3+ weeks, it'll likely be well between restocks enough that it will be much much harder to get than it is now (it has on the shelf availability still even though bo at tlg)

also

With the 50th anniversary of the Apollo landings (July 20 1969) coming in just 2 years - there will likely be significant multi-platform interest then... I believe this one is a 2-event hold not an early QF while available not for just a small roi.

6 hours ago, Thumper said:

Tell that to a few guys on ebay from Niagara falls. I saw one guy flipped like 50+. 2 days ago, I saw 50 sold in 24 hours. Just saying.

On craigslist, I see some people selling it for $300 and in the posting said "I already sold one for $320, last one for $300." That is either a marketing gimmick or maybe it's true? I think it's worth it if you are cleaning like 20-30 in one shot from TRU.

22 hours ago, redghostx said:

I find that my selling price in US dollars equals what I get in Canadian after fees and shipping.  Selling it at $220US earns me $55 Canadian profit which is nothing to sneeze at and prices may creep up in the next two weeks without new stock until the second week of July.

Your math is so wrong. It is 149CAD which equates to around 110usd. 55CAD profit is the bare minimum profit. Most are making at least 60usd profits. Tell that to this guy from niagara falls. 70 sold for 55CAD profits. Less that a week of work for 3500. Many barely take home 3500 a month sitting in offices or working at starbucks. 

Screenshot_2017-06-17-06-54-47.png

Screenshot_2017-06-17-06-54-56.png

Guest ph4tb0i

Don't forget that if you do this as a legitimate business exports from Canada to the united states are tax free so that's another 15 cad at least in profit per set.

8 hours ago, ph4tb0i said:

Don't forget that if you do this as a legitimate business exports from Canada to the united states are tax free so that's another 15 cad at least in profit per set.

Ha. You got that right. And to make the trip worthwhile, you can load up some collectible he-man, G1 transformers, GI joe figures, coins, and comics, and bring them back up with tax back as a business. Go to the next collectible convention and unload those collectibles for a kings ransom. Those in vancouver all the way to white rock have a greater advantage because of all those shows in bellingham and seattle. Definitely worth the two way trip.

Making a trip from TO to buffalo also works during the hockey season. Leafs fans can watch a game in buffalo at the same time.

No idea why people complain about a 55CAD profit not worth it. Money is money.

On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 7:49 PM, ChristopherJB said:

No idea why people complain about a 55CAD profit not worth it. Money is money.

well you don't pay tax on the item outside sales but you still have the input tax to inventory.

& it's not so much complaining about $55cdn profit, it's that there's more money on the table waitn for you if you wait a week or so and quite likely double or triple that with no additional effort, it's unlikely the hype has peaked just yet..