10687 - Spider-Man Hideout

TheOrcKing

While I understand why they do it, it's frustrating that a $20 Juniors set has printed pieces and $200 sets have stickers.

​I know. Apparently they will go out of their way to keep a kid from crying over messing up stickers yet a grown-up has to endure the tedious terror of "sticker rage". My big grief here is the ridiculous price tag. Yes most of the pieces are large 'juniorized' ones and all seen is printed but come on. The Juniors Garbage Truck this year also has some huge parts yet is $20. (Actually all other Juniors sets seem to be a better deal than this. If it weren't for Green Goblin....) I am wondering what the hull for the helicopter here looks like by itself. So many of these junior parts remind me of Jack Stone.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...
9 hours ago, lodibricks said:

There's some LEGO mysteries I just don't get.
I think Ghost Rider is cooler than this dumbed-down set and yet GR is <$40 while this thing hits $70?
Oh, must be the helicopter, those are rare. ?

I think it's pretty simple, Spider-Man is one of the first super heroes kids like. There aren't a ton of Juniors sets (although they do keep expanding). When Timmy or Betty is turning 5 and loves Spider-Man what else is a grandparent supposed to do.