Lego Polybags in Canada

Gray2010

Let me tell you it's not that simple .. I'm Top Rated seller http://www.ebay.ca/usr/gravtation ... but don't get the discount cause you need to keep 100  sales  a year ..from month to month , end of Spring, Summer and beginning of Automn .. is dead... let me tell you the market is not what it used to be 4-5 years ago ! .. :)... but think I will re-start selling in Europe like I use to do ! ...

But I wish you all the sales you want, you deserve it !

​Oh no worries, I realize it won't be easy to keep it. I'll be taking a 7+ month hiatus from selling anything this coming Christmas. I have a good number of ripened Star Wars sets I hope to sell this fall so even a 20% savings on fees will be worth it. This is the first time I've ever found a worthwhile stash of polys at my local TRUs so I'm just having a little fun too.

​You meen 240$ in profit ? ... 43 Polybags ?

​I averaged it to $5 profit per, $240 = 48 polybags. I think I ended up with 51 but I'm keeping 2 for myself and I gave one away. It's not a ton of money for the effort but what the hell, it's more fun than my day job right now. :)

• Like 2

It's not a ton of money for the effort but what the hell, it's more fun than my day job right now. :)

I agree. I enjoy the process of picking orders and slapping a shipping labels. It's fun knowing someone will be excited opening your package you shipped. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Local TRU finally got some restocks of polys. More Rebels Tie Advanced, and the City Go Kart.

ooo City Go Kart... I gotta keep an eye out on that. I still have not seen any JW polybags. Either they are flying off the shelf as soon as they put them out or they are not shipping them out West.

ooo City Go Kart... I gotta keep an eye out on that. I still have not seen any JW polybags. Either they are flying off the shelf as soon as they put them out or they are not shipping them out West.

Have a feeling the JW poly isn't going to be seen anymore north of the border, could be wrong of course. I think the ship sailed on this set to turn a quick profit, and maybe even long-term profits. Our friends south of the border seem to be ordering them by the boxes. I only have 1 sealed left i'll keep long-term, and 1 I've opened of course. Some locations in my area never got them, while others got a bunch (which i grabbed whenever i saw em).

But yes i did see a ton of Go Karts, looked freshly put out.

Was at Toys R Us today checking out the Polybags.andI came across 46 Iron man Polybags 30167.  This was strange to see these on the shelf, and

I'm assuming they were backroom stock that was overlooked. Price was $4.99 each, but they were on sale for $3.97 with the 20% off super Heroes

this week. Picked up 30 as I never had a chance to put some of these away before they disappeared. :)

Found the jackpot of polys! However i didn't grab many, got enough JW polys to keep my poly business busy for a while heh.

Those empty spots are Joker Bumpercars. Would have liked to get those, but someone beat me to it. I did however find 1 leftover hidden at the bottom for personal use. No JW polys here. AT-DP is a new one for me to see in TRU...

IMG_4881.thumb.JPG.8d459077fa80247a266fc

My local TRU had all those polybags too... Except I already have a bunch that I imported from the UK a while back. After conversion to CAD and shipping is divided amongst them, I think I came out even, maybe even slightly ahead given the price of 5.99+ tax. But that's probably because Canada Post forgot to charge me tax on the purchase when they delivered it. Oops!

$6 for a poly is getting expensive. Especially for city stuff. License stuff like Super Heroes or movies, I can understand... but non-license stuff, should really be $4.99 or less IMO. But I guess if parents can get a $6 polybag to deter the kid from buying a $30 set, I guess the polybag will still fly off the shelves.

Edited by tacsniper

$6 for a poly is getting expensive. Especially for city stuff. License stuff like Super Heroes or movies, I can understand... but non-license stuff, should really be $4.99 or less IMO. But I guess if parents can get a $6 polybag to deter the kid from buying a $30 set, I guess the polybag will still fly off the shelves.

Considering how many they had and how "browsed' they looked, I don't think these are flying off the shelves. Dunno if the JW polys would have been bought up though since I bought them all. :)

Considering how many they had and how "browsed' they looked, I don't think these are flying off the shelves. Dunno if the JW polys would have been bought up though since I bought them all. :)

$6 polys is getting to be a bit much, i like to time my poly purchases around %20 off sales if possible as they are usually included (%20 off JW polys was awesome). Ninjago/City/Chima Polys seem to linger forever.

Just went to a TRU here in Edmonton and found about 20 Joker Bumper Car polybags. $5.99 each.

Nice find! would definitely get more of these myself if i found em, it's a great little polybag imo.

Apparently the Joker Polybags were shipped to the stores for an August 9 giveaway with purchase promotion. The odd store didn't realize this

and put them out on the shelf which is why the sightings are sporatic. I found 8 in Winnipeg a few days ago which is perfect for my personal collection.

Apparently the Joker Polybags were shipped to the stores for an August 9 giveaway with purchase promotion. The odd store didn't realize this

and put them out on the shelf which is why the sightings are sporatic. I found 8 in Winnipeg a few days ago which is perfect for my personal collection.

My Intel says the same thing - Aug 9 promo for the Joker polybag.

Weird, is TRU allowed to sell the promo polybags before the promo begins?

Actually no. Sometime it gets mixed into the regular stock and a worker unknowingly puts them out.  I remember with other promos such as Elrond, Lego would send them in a separate shipment with specific instructions. Not the case I guess with regular polybags. Anything left over of course will eventually make it out onto the shelf. Nice set and packaging though, I like getting the licensed themes that contain a minifigure :)

• Like 1

Weird, is TRU allowed to sell the promo polybags before the promo begins?

These are just promos decided by TRU Headoffice. Not an official LEGO campaign. These "promos" are never advertised anyway. Only if you are in-stock, you might see a crappy print out saying a free bag with $x purchase on a particular line. Bet you most cashiers don't even bother giving it to you unless you remind them of the freebie.

TRU really sucks at using these polybag to their advantage in comparison to Lego themselves. I bet if they acutally refrain from selling the polybags like the Lego store and use them like the Lego store, they will increase their sales in Lego much more. Especially with popular polybag like the JW.

I was curious so I just went back to TRu (it's just around the corner) where this morning I had picked up the last few of the sw walker polybags & didn't bother with the Joker polys as there was two full endcap hanger displays with them on it, it didn't look like much & thus figured there wasn't any rush - there must have been 50 of them... They were all gone, just the empty racks where they once were - either someone took the entire stock or they pulled them back from the shelves. guess it might be the promo set after all.

• 2 weeks later...

Did you guys miss this?

Not sure what the 8/9 column means, but yes these are on schedule if they are appearing. As reported though, many TRUs never bother to wait for the promo and put the polybags out early.

Edited by gregpj
*edit.. oops.*