5004590 - Bat-Pod (Limited Edition Batman Bat-Pod Competition June 2015)

jaisonline

is the "New parts" cost on this around $120?

This is about right. I haven't checked the price of the tires and Hero Factory pieces lately. The tires are popping up regularly on Bricks and Pieces so that's about $22 plus shipping. Your cheapest option for the Hero Factory pieces is finding them in the sets and buying them that way. I have wondered if they included this piece intentionally to foil the Bricklink builders because it is an odd piece to include in the set and 6 of them to make it even harder.  

I spent $270 on parts for 2 of them, but I went with fewer orders which was more expensive.  I purchased many new parts on Bricks and Pieces at a higher price and finished up at Bricklink.  The thought of navigating Bricklink to find the same seller with many of the parts I was looking for was overwhelming.

• Like 2

The major cost is the tires and six pearl dark grey Hero Factory pieces.  If you can't get those pieces somewhere other than bricklink, I think it will cost more.

It's actually cheaper to track down the Hero Factory sets and buy the tires and rims through Brick and Pieces than to buy the pieces through Bricklink. On Bricklink the tires are double the price and 3 Hero Factory pieces cost more than a set.

I'm slowly building mine in the next couple of months. Tires and rims arrived today and the HF sets are on their way thanks to TRU. The rest I asked a friend who's always buying pieces on BL to buy them for me.

That sounds like you ordered them online? How?

that was my question about in store vs online earlier. I believe DFC01 went to in store CS and ordered the HF sets from them. 

Onto to a different question: are people ordering the wheels and rims from LEGO Shop at Home or just the wheels?  I only picked up the wheels. 

That sounds like you ordered them online? How?

On their website they hadn't it but they had 3 or 4 on their inventory system for the whole country. Needless to say I ordered them all. I don't know how it is in other countries but here I have way more luck asking at the store - they check their national inventory - than searching on their page.

I ordered the wheels and rims at LEGO Shop at Home. The price difference between Bricklink and LEGO Shop at Home wasn't that much and that's one less thing to worry.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just completed my Bricklink'd Bat-pod.  After all said and done, cost was ~$120 incl. shipping.  I already sold the extra tires I bought from Bricks and Pieces and made up some of the cost.

I plan on building this live tonight on Twitch.  I will probably start around 8pm (Pacific Time).  This will look nice with my Tumbler, although the Bat-Pod is roughly the same length.

Twitch Stream

Edited by Silburned
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, znjndmawn said:

I'm using the parts list in http://brickfanatics.co.uk/lego-bat-pod-instructions-parts-list/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Brickfanatics+%28Brick+Fanatics%29

I can't seem to find 1x 6105731 dark bluish gray at Bricks & Pieces as it's not giving any matches. Can someone tell me what's the correct Element #?

I had trouble with that piece as well on bricks and pieces.  It is in most of those new speed champions sets but I could not find it searching the set inventories either.  I ended up ordering on bricklink where it shows up fine.  Seems like a LEGO Shop at Home glitch, maybe if you call.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, legogregors said:

I had trouble with that piece as well on bricks and pieces.  It is in most of those new speed champions sets but I could not find it searching the set inventories either.  I ended up ordering on bricklink where it shows up fine.  Seems like a LEGO Shop at Home glitch, maybe if you call.

Thanks! Will most likely call LEGO Shop at Home and have them add it to my order. Hopefully they have it on-stock.

• 1 month later...