5004590 - Bat-Pod (Limited Edition Batman Bat-Pod Competition June 2015)

jaisonline

I got the email tonight as well. Very thrilled.

"Provisional" winner just means that you basically won as long as you were actually eligible to win the prize. (The rules are attached to the email.)

Basically you have to be 18 years old or older, be a legal resident of U.S. or Canada, didn't cheat (no multiple email addresses, etc.), and don't work for Lego or live with someone who does, etc.

You basically need to copy and paste the statement in the email and reply back to Lego.

That said, what's the best way to preserve a Lego set (or any toy for that matter) in its pristine mint condition? I probably am not gonna open the set because I'm not a huge fan of Nolan's Batman trilogy. (It would have been a different matter if it was a Keaton/Burton Batmobile or something.)

Edited by jihanj

Guest brickcrazyhouse

Also got the "provisional winner" email.  Really interested to see what happens with this set in the secondary market.  Only out of curiosity, though--mine's going on display with the Tumbler.

came out of "lurker" status just to rub it in?  I kid, congratulation.  hopefully your second post will be a pic :bow:

I got the email tonight as well. Very thrilled.

"Provisional" winner just means that you basically won as long as you were actually eligible to win the prize. (The rules are attached to the email.)

Basically you have to be 18 years old or older, be a legal resident of U.S. or Canada, didn't cheat (no multiple email addresses, etc.), and don't work for Lego or live with someone who does, etc.

You basically need to copy and paste the statement in the email and reply back to Lego.

That said, what's the best way to preserve a Lego set (or any toy for that matter) in its pristine mint condition? I probably am not gonna open the set because I'm not a huge fan of Nolan's Batman trilogy. (It would have been a different matter if it was a Keaton/Burton Batmobile or something.)

For this sort of set, if you get it in mint condition, I would look into one of the toy grading companies. I have not used them, but this is a perfect item to gain a bunch of added value if you have the only perfect graded one, etc.

came out of "lurker" status just to rub it in?  I kid, congratulation.  hopefully your second post will be a pic :bow:

Lol, yeah I'm pretty new here but I was pretty excited to get that email so I had to share it with folks who would understand.  Def will have to post pictures when it arrives if someone doesn't beat me to it.

• 2 weeks later...

I just go the e-mail this morning.  I'm thrilled to say the least, however, I'm wondering why you guys got it at the beginning of the month and I only got it now. Cause I'm in Canada maybe? Thoughts? 

Maybe I was next in line cause someone didn't claim their's or perhaps they were ineligible? Either way...I'm stoked!!!

Has anyone received a follow-up email from Lego regarding shipping? I'm just curious to know if we get to use the tracking info that the original email stated, or if it's just so that they have confirmation of delivery.

I received the notification email on August 5th and responded to it same day.  I haven't received anything since.

The original notification email I received didn't include any tracking info, so I'm not sure what you are referring to.  It was just the notification text and an attached pdf of the sweepstakes rules.

• Like 1

From what I remember, the original email said something like "the package will have a tracking number and after its delivered, Lego's part is done". I guess I'm just wondering if we wait now until it arrives? I guess so huh?

Oh, OK, I follow what you are saying now.  You're right, the email did include this:  "Please note that your prize will be dispatched with tracking.  Once we receive notice that the prize has been delivered, we will regard our obligation as having been fulfilled, and no replacement will be available in the event of non-receipt."  I now understand that your question was whether Lego would provide that tracking number to us, or if it was just for their own use.  Wish I new the answer.

• Like 1

If anyone happens to open and build their Bat Pod  please post the instructions as well.  Reason being that you can still buy the wheels pretty cheap on Pick a Brick and from the looks of the picture the rest of the parts seem easy to come by. 

I cant see these wheels anywhere on pick a brick. do you have a link please?

• 2 weeks later...