NON LEGO Investment Group

As Jeff and I mentioned yesterday, the new IP Board forum software has a module which enables private subforums.  Jeff and I purchased this module so that members can once again discuss NON LEGO investing topics in a forum that works in conjunction with the normal Brickpicker forum, yet is accessible to only members which would like to view it.  It will not interfere with normal LEGO discussions or forum topics, yet for those who are members, you will see the forum activity pop up on your screen.  

This should satisfy the many requests we received from members about reinstating this type of discussion on a LEGO based site.  You can have your cake and eat it too as they say.  It will operate like any other forum and Jeff can add categories for different NON LEGO topics if you like.  We have already invited all the members that were active in the old thread (which is now unlocked).  Any new members need to go HERE and click on the join button.  Either Jeff or I will receive the request and approve it.  

Long time member, Pickleboy, will also have the ability to approve members and he has volunteered to take an active role in leading this forum.  Moderation will be limited and basically anything legal and legit can be discussed.  Please no illegal or vulgar topics!  There will be more leeway given on this forum, but please be considerate of others and keep the discussions mature in nature.  

Thanks for your patience and participation...

Ed Mack

Edited by Ed Mack
  • Like 4

A good use for this feature as well would be for threads like the Fantasy Football or Baseball.   Maybe even video game or movie groups ( just examples of things people like to talk about). This will allow you to talk non stop while not missing the LEGO action and the people that just want to see LEGO stuff, won't see the other stuff. I am just waiting on the person that build the recent post plugins to update the plugins to account for the groups.  One they are updated, it should all be filtered correctly.

If you are interested in creating groups for other special interests, just contact me and we can setup something nice.

Edited by Jeff Mack

Bumping again... must be some deals/investment suggestion out there. Crickets?

​you have to go here for the suggestions.

I think Ed was bumping this up to let people know that this area exist.

Just wanted to bump this topic to the top of the new content chart to let some people know this sub forum exists...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Didn't you guys create another site for non-lego stuff? And that is why those threads are no longer around? I can't find any info about it.

Thanks!

There was the temporary Investorsell site which worked for the time being until the new (current) forum system which allows private subforums or "Groups". Far as I know, Investorsell is closed and all non-LEGO talk is open for participation by any member in the Non LEGO Investment Group by following the link then clicking the button to join. The original "What other toys do you invest or collect?" topic can be found there.

There was the temporary Investorsell site which worked for the time being until the new (current) forum system which allows private subforums or "Groups". Far as I know, Investorsell is closed and all non-LEGO talk is open for participation by any member in the Non LEGO Investment Group by following the link then clicking the button to join. The original "What other toys do you invest or collect?" topic can be found there.

perfect! Thanks!