76039 - Ant-Man Final Battle

TheOrcKing

• 7 months later...
11 hours ago, Val-E said:

What´s with all these UK ebayers selling them for equivalent 45 euros? Ants in their pants? For a supposedly rare set, there sure are a lot of listings nowadays.

I think people saw it shooting towards 60 at one point and thinking it would keep rising put them away only to realise that the price has dropped. With a new Ant man film due next year there's a high chance of a new Ant man set so run up to Xmas is the best time to sell.

Edited by Fenix_2k1

This quickly spiked to £45 within six months of official retirement, where it has flatlined ever since.  Unlikely to appreciate more, given the new film and likely re-make of the ant-man mini-figure, which ultimately is what people are buying the set for.  Glad I unloaded mine, which were picked up for £10 when I did.  For once, I got the timing spot on!

eBay were spamming seller offers at me over the last four weeks, maybe also the case with others hence the increase in supply. Final value fees of £3 once and final value fees of £1 twice. Offloaded a couple of Tumblers, will probably sell my last Tumbler and last Ant-man next time I get an offer on FV fees.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Guest TabbyBoy
13 minutes ago, Mark Twain said:

The annoying thing is I know of one local Walmart that has had this in a clearance isle for over year refusing to drop the price. 

Doesn't that give you an indication of what its post EOL performance will be like?

Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, exciter1 said:

Nope!

Epic Dragon Battle is 1.75x RRP already.

Assuming you mean Ninjago... that's hardly surprising as it's a far superior theme to Super "rehash" Heroes IMHO. I've done very well out of the "lesser" themes, especially Ninjago and Elves. Kids love martial arts and dragons. However, I do love this Ant Man set, but I only have the one as I midread it's potential.